2018 Midterm Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    I wish. Ted's richer, better looking, has a great family and an exceptional career path. I'd like to be able to retire to teaching law and (co-)writing best seller books.

I disagree. Ted Cruz will be the next President, be it 2020 or 2024. While he is disliked, he is respected and no one works harder. When the nominee Trump called Cruz a tough competitor, he was giving his highest praise.

J
    I respect a good troll. That is what this is, right?

Comment

I wish. Ted's richer, better looking, has a great family and an exceptional career path. I'd like to be able to retire to teaching law and (co-)writing best seller books.
      J
      This guy is better looking than you? Sorry to hear that.

FNC_02-15-2018_08.35.40-800x430.jpg

Comment

I disagree. Ted Cruz will be the next President, be it 2020 or 2024. While he is disliked, he is respected and no one works harder. When the nominee Trump called Cruz a tough competitor, he was giving his highest praise.

J
        You also said he was going to be president in 2016. And that he was going to be Supreme Court Justice. You might have also said Attorney General, but I would have to go back and look. I think he'll be up for Space Emperor by 2028, personally.

Comment

• granted I don't stay up to date on all the US politics threads, but this one just got a lot more interesting!
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
            You also said he was going to be president in 2016. And that he was going to be Supreme Court Justice. You might have also said Attorney General, but I would have to go back and look. I think he'll be up for Space Emperor by 2028, personally.
            I believe Emperor Palpatine’s seat is open soon. Maybe Ted can win that.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
              How bout Commander of the Space Force?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                How bout Commander of the Space Force?
                If the title allows us to shoot him into space, Senate would approve.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Helped someone win a sizable chunk of NFBC cash this year and he wanted to get me something in return. Asked him to split a donation between my local candidate (McCready) and Beto so the Senate can be rid of the zodiac killer.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                    I'll be happy to take a bet that Mr. Cruz is never the Republican nominee let alone the President.
                    Heck, I even want in on this bet. I can't even count high enough to total all the blood enemies he's made.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Heck, I even want in on this bet. I can't even count high enough to total all the blood enemies he's made.
                      His favorability in Texas is something like 50% with 42% unfavorable. In Texas! The party hates him, his peers hate him, and I have never seen a moment where he comes across as relatable during a debate or campaign event. He may well hold this Senate seat for a while because Texas is still Red, but he isn't going to be President.

Comment

His favorability in Texas is something like 50% with 42% unfavorable. In Texas! The party hates him, his peers hate him, and I have never seen a moment where he comes across as relatable during a debate or campaign event. He may well hold this Senate seat for a while because Texas is still Red, but he isn't going to be President.
                        Yeah, the fact that he and Trump were the two front runners boggled my mind. Despite my disdain for Trump, Ted Cruz came across as the most unlikable politicians I've ever seen. Super punchable face syndrome. Trump does have a certain charm and showmanship that plays well to his base. Cruz seemed like he was trying hard to do that, but failed miserably. I have no idea how he has been a successful politician.

Comment

Agree. But he can't have Emporer Palpatine's seat. That's mine.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                            I respect a good troll. That is what this is, right?
                            Hell no. Ted Cruz will be the next President.

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                            True. I expected him to beat Trump. Hillary was the easier target as Trump proved.

Originally posted by frae View Post
                            I believe Emperor Palpatine’s seat is open soon. Maybe Ted can win that.
                            Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Agree. But he can't have Emporer Palpatine's seat. That's mine.
                            Be careful of any spare lightsaber that might be lying around.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• A few days of poll correction and some good polls for the Democrats in the house has given them a bounce back in 538's odds.

Sept 1 the house odds were %74.2 %25.8. The mid month high on Sept 16 was 83.1. The low was 73.8 just yesterday and a few well rated generic poll reults moved it all the way back up to 77.8 as of now, two polls one rated A- and one B+ gave the dems a +13 in the generic ballot. So I'm sticking with Dem +32.

In a cool stat the odds of the R's holding the majority in the senate is also 77.8 as of today. If you want me to give a prediction where the Dems get the +2 they need I would say they get Nevada and Arizona and everyone holds. Heitkamp is in the most trouble, but I think that is more likely than TN or TX. I think Tester, Manchin and Donnely are in good shape as of today. I think Gillum helps push Nelson over the top. So where we wind up probably depends on McCaskill and Heitkamp. Looking at polling I don't think Heitkamp wins but I need to see a post Kavanaugh poll to see if anything moves. McCaskill is a straight up toss up coin flip. I guess my bias will say she wins so betting today I might say we wind up 50-50, but hedging my bets I'd probably still say 51-49 especially because NV is also a toss up.

Comment

• I don’t care what the polls or OneJay says.....I think Beto pulls the upset.

Comment

Working...
                                X