This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I'm beginning to think it is possible that Donald Trump is a afflicted with the unique ability to exist in a mental quantum state of indeterminacy and infinite possibility. That would explain why he believes that facts are subjective--he experiences them all at once, feeling infinite versions of himself split infinite times in infinite directions.

In the unfathomably vast multiverse, there are those realities where Jackson lived long enough to lament the state of affairs during the Civil War, or even avert the war as an 8 term president, and there are those where a great battle was fought on the hollowed ground of his golf course, and those where Bowling Green Massacres occurred, and those where global climate change is not a serious concern, and those where he was wire tapped by 44. It is in these realms, inaccessible to all but him, that "the many people" of which he so often speaks reside.

The many voices that encroach on the version of him tethered to this reality must be a heavy burden indeed, and he knows that we poor, limited wretches doomed to experience but one reality would never be able to accept and fully understand his "sources," so he is careful never to cite them.
    You don't know how close to the truth you may be...brilliant.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I'm reminded of a tv sitcom husband & wife fight, where the wife was accusing the husband of all kinds of plotting & scheming, and the husband replies "did it ever occur to you that maybe, I might just might be that stupid???"
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
        Obviously ghostwritten. Proper punctuation, complex sentence structure, good spelling...everything says #notreallypotus.

You have to be careful with this sort of thing.
        Apologize!

Comment

• Religious liberty EO to debut on Thursday.

I wonder if it will allow Muslims to impose their beliefs on consumers as well.

Struck down by the federal courts in 3.. 2...1

Comment

• Here's your apology.

If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• In related news it seems it's acceptable to interrupt the President in the halls of congress by screaming LIAR at him, but if you laugh in the middle of Session's confirmation hearings, you get convicted and up to a year in jail.

God Bless America, Home of the Free (only if those in power agree with you)
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• And it was only a matter of time before the Orange clown decided that he HAD to have his own war. Time for another surge in Afghanistan, this is supposedly to bring the Taliban to the negotiating table...according to an official, the surge is about a desire to reverse worsening security issues, and the "start winning again".

Because war waged by foreigners in Afghanistan has ALWAYS worked out so well, right? Maybe Trump can ask his friends in Russia to tell campfire tales of the Russian successes in the mountains.

Just how many flagged draped coffins coming home will define "winning again"?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  And it was only a matter of time before the Orange clown decided that he HAD to have his own war. Time for another surge in Afghanistan, this is supposedly to bring the Taliban to the negotiating table...according to an official, the surge is about a desire to reverse worsening security issues, and the "start winning again".

Because war waged by foreigners in Afghanistan has ALWAYS worked out so well, right? Maybe Trump can ask his friends in Russia to tell campfire tales of the Russian successes in the mountains.

Enough to make people forget about the whole Russia thing. Meetings!

Comment

And it was only a matter of time before the Orange clown decided that he HAD to have his own war. Time for another surge in Afghanistan, this is supposedly to bring the Taliban to the negotiating table...according to an official, the surge is about a desire to reverse worsening security issues, and the "start winning again".

Your opinions on war in Afghanistan have changed a lot in 4 years, why is that ?
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      Your opinions on war in Afghanistan have changed a lot in 4 years, why is that ?
                      So what were my opinions on the war in Afghanistan 4 years ago?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

So what were my opinions on the war in Afghanistan 4 years ago?
                        You can look them up if you want to, but you certainly were not implying that Obama was an idiot "Because war waged by foreigners in Afghanistan has ALWAYS worked out so well, right?". Glad to see you are now against it for whatever reason, I expect a lot more Democrats to join you if Trump ramps up the war
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

You can look them up if you want to, but you certainly were not implying that Obama was an idiot "Because war waged by foreigners in Afghanistan has ALWAYS worked out so well, right?". Glad to see you are now against it for whatever reason, I expect a lot more Democrats to join you if Trump ramps up the war
                          No, YOU can look them up to "prove" your assertions. Because frankly, I don't recall it that way, and I sometimes live in my own head.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

No, YOU can look them up to "prove" your assertions. Because frankly, I don't recall it that way, and I sometimes live in my own head.
                            I'm not going to waste either of our time. Since you applied the same standards when Obama was running the war in Afghanistan and expressed the same criticism, then I owe you an apology. I probably just don't remember or missed them, my mistake, I apologize.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• The one nice thing about having a Republican in The WH, is that the Democrats are finally able to speak up about the idiocy of these wars. I am hopeful they will continue to speak up the next time a Democrat is calling the shots.

Comment

I'm not going to waste either of our time. Since you applied the same standards when Obama was running the war in Afghanistan and expressed the same criticism, then I owe you an apology. I probably just don't remember or missed them, my mistake, I apologize.
                                did you forget this?
                                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X