This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brief rant...

So who are the GOP Senators representing today as they work to repeal/replace the ACA? They like to claim they do the "will of the American people", but none of their plans seem to have over about 20% support from the public. After seven years of voting to repeal Obamacare, the GOP is sending up one jerry-built scheme after another in hopes that one will draw in fifty of their own people.

The latest Rube Goldberg contraption is a skinny latte for which they must first get a pinky swear that the House will not approve it. Some senators want it to be 'repeal-and-delay', so the House cannot actually put the repeal into effect right now. The Senate recognizes that their "skinny" plan will destroy the insurance markets, so they don't want it to go into effect, but they still want to approve it! That's how bad they want to pass something right now, no matter what it is. These guys couldn't lead a one-float parade.

It will be interesting to see how the State of Alaska responds to having its future threatened.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
      From what I have seen so far, which admittedly hasn't been that much, Scaramucci is very much a tribal guy. He talks about being a New York guy and a Wall Street guy. He's a Trump guy. The apparently idolatry of JoePa is often seen in those who self-identify as Italian-American guys.

He needs to calm down a little bit. You can't go blasting into Washington like Yosemite Sam.
      LOL...he did an ON-THE-RECORD call to a reporter for the The New Yorker, Ryan Lizza. In the call, he went nuts, calling out everyone that he could think of including insulting Bannon and Priebus in ways that almost made me blush. Now that the blowback is tremendous, he's saying on Twitter that he made the mistake of trusting the reporter, won't happen again. HE CALLED THE REPORTER TO TRY TO GET HIM TO REVEAL HIS SOURCES! That just doesn't happen. The Mooch also was pissed that his disclosure form was leaked...threatened people with the FBI and lie detector tests. Then said reporter told him that it was a public document, and what office he got it from. Morons, all...

Good read if you want to look into the mind of someone who's already becoming unhinged...

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I think that this guy watched Good Fellas a few too many times.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• The Mooch is such a character. He says the President may veto the sanctions package just so he can negotiate an 'even tougher' deal with the Russians. He cracks me up.

It will be great when this guy actually goes to work for the White House, instead of just volunteering his expertise. The NYT will need to have one guy assigned to do nothing except follow him around.

He may be the wildest card in the deck.
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            LOL...he did an ON-THE-RECORD call to a reporter for the The New Yorker, Ryan Lizza. In the call, he went nuts, calling out everyone that he could think of including insulting Bannon and Priebus in ways that almost made me blush. Now that the blowback is tremendous, he's saying on Twitter that he made the mistake of trusting the reporter, won't happen again. HE CALLED THE REPORTER TO TRY TO GET HIM TO REVEAL HIS SOURCES! That just doesn't happen. The Mooch also was pissed that his disclosure form was leaked...threatened people with the FBI and lie detector tests. Then said reporter told him that it was a public document, and what office he got it from. Morons, all...

Good read if you want to look into the mind of someone who's already becoming unhinged...

http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-l...d-steve-bannon
            I hate to admit it, but I couldn't help but take some pleasure at the thought of Bannon steaming at the Mooch's comments. The level of dysfunction in that "family" would be comical if it didn't all stem from the leader of our country. To echo the point I made before about his Paterno comments--it is even more mind-boggling to me that someone hired to do his job would be so clueless as to rant like that to a journalist who he did not ask to keep any of it off the record, and he just trusted he would? Lunacy.

Comment

• Reince Priebus, you're fired. And what kind of name is Reince anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by President Donald J. Chump View Post
                Reince Priebus, you're fired. And what kind of name is Reince anyway?
                I think that too--I dont liek that name either Mr. Chump. You are a great leeder for firing very weak people. U are my favurite president because you are not weak. You are very strong. I herd that you were going to be weak by not firing Mr. Session, because you were afraid other weak people would be mad. But I know you are too strong to let them push you around. I know you will be strong and fire him, because he is very weak. Sad. When you fire him, you shuld take his job, because no one is as strong as you.

Signed,
                Pickle

Comment

• So apparently Priebus had just gotten off Air Force One yesterday and went into a waiting SUV, but once he got in all the other staffers got out. When the motorcade started off, Priebus's SUV tailed out and headed into a different direction!

Sounds like a James Bond movie. All that was needed was a glass divider and some poison gas!

Comment

• America elected the wrong reality game show host. Probst '20!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Scaramucci canned after 10 days!!!

bwhahahahahahahahahahahaaa

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Scaramucci canned after 10 days!!!

Yeah, I can't believe Trump hosed us again. This guy was a gold mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Scaramucci canned after 10 days!!!

Who will get blamed for this one, Obama, Hillary or the mainstream media?

Comment

• Looks like the President was involved in misleading the public and the press about what happened in that infamous Trump Tower meeting. Apparently, HE decided that the best strategy would be the one lying about the meeting, and saying that it was about Russian adoption. Per WaPo tonight...

Flying home from Germany on July 8 aboard Air Force One, Trump personally dictated a statement in which Trump Jr. said he and the Russian lawyer had “primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children” when they met in June 2016, according to multiple people with knowledge of the deliberations. The statement, issued to the New York Times as it prepared a story, emphasized that the subject of the meeting was “not a campaign issue at the time.”

The claims were later shown to be misleading.

Over the next three days, multiple accounts of the meeting were provided to the media as public pressure mounted, with Trump Jr. ultimately acknowledging that he had accepted the meeting after receiving an email promising damaging information about Hillary Clinton as part of a Russian government effort to help his father’s campaign.

The extent of the president’s personal intervention in his son’s response, the details of which have not previously been reported, adds to a series of actions that Trump has taken that some advisers fear could place him and some members of his inner circle in legal jeopardy.

“This was . . . unnecessary,” said one of the president’s advisers, who like most other people interviewed for this story spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive internal deliberations. “Now someone can claim he’s the one who attempted to mislead. Somebody can argue the president is saying he doesn’t want you to say the whole truth.”

He's simply not capable of telling the truth, it's such an amazing thing to witness...one lone man convinced that he's smarter than the entirety of the Washington press, and one of the best prosecutors we've had in years.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• It may have been the "truth" to the extent that in Russian intelligence circles "adoptions" is code for "sanctions".

Comment

• Covfefe

At last the meaning is now clear.

Covfefe!: "Bring me the head of Anthony Scaramucci!"

Comment

Working...
                                X