This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    Do we really? The riot at UC Berkley - as a means of stopping a speaker from giving a presentation on a college campus.
    The womens march - where pro life women gets spit on and told that they should be raped
    Anti-Trump girl setting a girls hair on fire for wearing a Trump hat

We know more about right vs left, black vs white, women vs men, and in the new world of micro-aggressions it seems that it is becoming more normalized that if one disagrees with your political view it is fine to use a macro aggression to deal with the micro. Violence in the name of protecting ones political stance is all to often becoming acceptable.

So I ask again - do we really know right from wrong?
    When did Berkeley or D.C. become middle America? Most of the Women's Marches took place in Large urban areas of Blue states; other than Illinois, these are not usually considerd middle America. But I understand your point. As a whole, we are a very divided country. Passion is elevated by the nature of discourse. If you don't believe what in I believe, you're an idiot or stupid or a -phobe, or -ist, etc. all in 140 characters or less!!
    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• UC Berkeley is historically bloody far from middle america. Breitbart speakers invited to an extreme liberal bastion filled with almost but not quite adults, predictable result. Though the agitators arrested were not students there at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
        Well, understand that this is just my opinion, one which isn't based on much other what I have seen and heard.

He seems kind of rough, as in "blue collar guys who work with their hands and backs" rough, and tough. He was borne from wealth but not old world, old money, traditional wealth. He was borne from a real estate wealth, construction real estate wealth, property management, kick out and evict people who don't pay rent, building things wealth. He has essentially worked in the trades, in a fashion, for his entire career and he has adapted to that environment. So, in fact, his plain speaking style is likely borne of that life experience. You don't need eloquence when yelling at the drywallers, or plumber who forget to follow blueprints. Now, that doesn't mean everyone in the trades is un- or undereducated. Their are many, many tradesmen that have engineering, architectural or construction management degrees. I'd be willing to bet there are many more than few with degrees in the humanities and arts, just because. I think he probably is very intellengent but not everyone is cut out for public speaking. He probably does have the "smartest words" as he did go to Wharton, but he has spent a lifetime not using them. Traditional policitians have learned the public speaking craft by years of practice and interaction with voters through every level of engagement. For example, take Obama, arguably the most eloquent speaking President of our lifetimes. No one reasonable would argue his intelligence. He obtained a law degree, became a community activist and the a professor, speaking to classrooms and community groups, then a local politician, then a state Senator, a US Senator, the President. Overtime he learned how to communicate and connect with his audience by modulating to their levels. Each audience was different, different education levels, different social and cultural experiences. He knew how to engage each audience. He became a true politician (not meant in the swear word we hear today regarding elected officials, mind you).

Trump has been his own man for his entire lifetime, never really beholding to anyone and he didn't learned to modulate his tone or temperament. Raw and unpolished, he is who his is. And he's a narcissist, so that doesn't hlep.
        No offense, I don't buy this at all. I've worked construction and oil fields. My father was a construction worker. I grew up around construction workers. My grandfather worked for 53 years in a refinery. I know how construction workers, tradesmen, and craftsmen talk. Trump doesn't speak that way. And Trump would get the shit beat out of him every day talking that way on a construction site if he didn't own it.

There's something else there to it. It's been suggested that he's dyslexic, which would explain some of the personality traits, such as the thin skin and the excessive boasting, which rarely but sometimes coincide with adult dyslexia. To say that he is folksy or still used to being around the working man just isn't enough to explain it. I'm open to feasible explanations, though I do not accept "dumb" as the answer.

And just to be clear, he didn't attend the Wharton MBA program, which I know is what I think of when someone says "Wharton". He went two years undergrad at Fordham, transferred to Penn and did his last two years in the Wharton undergrad program. (But nobody there remembers him, and he won't release his transcripts.)
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Am I really having to defend that my examples didnt come from middle america?

Would it have been better that I say - it seems that people living in typically "blue" areas apparently dont know the difference of right or wrong. Glad that the people in middle America "red" areas apparently do.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

When did Berkeley or D.C. become middle America? Most of the Women's Marches took place in Large urban areas of Blue states; other than Illinois, these are not usually considerd middle America. But I understand your point. As a whole, we are a very divided country. Passion is elevated by the nature of discourse. If you don't believe what in I believe, you're an idiot or stupid or a -phobe, or -ist, etc. all in 140 characters or less!!
            Not only Blue states got into the swing. Texas women got happy, too. Reports were 10,000 in Dallas, 20,000 in Houston and 50,000 in Autin, the most liberal city. Crowd size for the march in Abilene was 1.5 million.
            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
              UC Berkeley is historically bloody far from middle america. Breitbart speakers invited to an extreme liberal bastion filled with almost but not quite adults, predictable result. Though the agitators arrested were not students there at all.
              If the agitators had their faces covered and no one were arrested, how can you be sure they weren't students?

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                Not only Blue states got into the swing. Texas women got happy, too. Reports were 10,000 in Dallas, 20,000 in Houston and 50,000 in Autin, the most liberal city. Crowd size for the march in Abilene was 1.5 million.
                Around 200 members of the community united at Abilene City Hall on Saturday, joining millions across the country and around the globe to march for women’s rights.

Says hundreds here.

Comment

Do we really? The riot at UC Berkley - as a means of stopping a speaker from giving a presentation on a college campus.
                  The womens march - where pro life women gets spit on and told that they should be raped

We know more about right vs left, black vs white, women vs men, and in the new world of micro-aggressions it seems that it is becoming more normalized that if one disagrees with your political view it is fine to use a macro aggression to deal with the micro. Violence in the name of protecting ones political stance is all to often becoming acceptable.

Yes, unspeakable that this girl tried to set the other girl's hair on fire. Inexcusable.
                  (So far as the spitting and rape comment, there was a single unsubstantiated report of that, by a woman who posted on Facebook later in the day.)

But, if you are going to attribute those actions to the entire left, let's attribute a couple of things to the entire right. The man who sucker punches another man at a Trump rally...wanton violence tinged with racism. And Mike Flynn, traitor and liar, consorting with the Russians. Reagan is spinning in his grave. Think of the stars on the CIA wall which have been put there by Putin's trained killers. It makes me sick at my stomach. And all Trump wants to do is blame the media.

Who knows right from wrong? Instead of trying divert attention, the right should instead pay attention to the sh*t show the WH will become over the next three or four weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                    UC Berkeley is historically bloody far from middle america. Breitbart speakers invited to an extreme liberal bastion filled with almost but not quite adults, predictable result. Though the agitators arrested were not students there at all.
                    Who cares if they were students or not? The fact is that there was a riot from leftists done as a way to stop someone from speaking, and actively beating people up for either holding a different political opinion or just going to listen to the presentation. Either way that is wrong - no matter who it was that did it.
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Glad I voted third party! I would and will do it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                        Joke. Abilene has like 80,000 people. Sort of like the Dallas Stars, right after the inauguration, put up on their scoreboard: "Tonight's Attendance: 1.5 Million"

I still remember that you were the one who outed me. Pretty sharp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                          Joke. Abilene has like 80,000 people. Sort of like the Dallas Stars, right after the inauguration, put up on their scoreboard: "Tonight's Attendance: 1.5 Million"

I still remember that you were the one who outed me. Pretty sharp.
                          Your writing style and politics outed yourself.
                          My best friend lives in Abilene.

Comment

How about right here in Minnesota, where 100,000 women marched peacefully. But were assaulted by a man who punched a woman, and sprayed others with a chemical irritant. So in this case at least, 100,000 people knew what was right, and 1 coward of a man clearly didn't.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

phobist!
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                How about right here in Minnesota, where 100,000 women marched peacefully. But were assaulted by a man who punched a woman, and sprayed others with a chemical irritant. So in this case at least, 100,000 people knew what was right, and 1 coward of a man clearly didn't.
                                Sorry Horns - I missed this one.

I agree 1 coward didnt. I dont have any issue with peaceful marches.

Comment

Working...
                                X