This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
    How the heck does this guy, at this point, have a higher favorable rating than Hillary Clinton?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...lar-than-trump

Just more proof that she was UNELECTABLE............

It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Not a chance.
      Lower? High 40s is still pretty mediocre for a president after their first 6 months.

Comment

• Before this goes any further, I would like to admit that I was also at the Trump Tower meeting, but I was only there to discuss adoptions. And otters.
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
          Trump could be impeached tomorrow and would still have a 35% approval rating.
          or even this
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMmiLWDpCno

Comment

• I should have realized that he spoke fluent Russian!

Came out today that he had a 2nd meeting with Putin at the G-20 summit, no US interpreter around, the only interpreter was Putin's, a Russian. Nothing could go wrong there, nope, not at all...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• there was a protest at Trump's US Women's Open event on Sunday, plus a pleasant conversation between a State Trooper and the calm protesters. 2 videos

#kumbayah

http://www.northjersey.com/story/new...pen/482814001/
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Me too, man. Me too

Comment

• Meanwhile, the AG continues to do everything in his power to alienate libertarians...

Jeff Sessions Announces Justice Department Will Increase Asset Forfeiture

Originally posted by Reason.com
                  U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions said the Justice Department will issue new directives to increase the federal government's use of civil asset forfeiture, a controversial practice that allows law enforcement to seize property from suspected criminals without charging them with a crime.

Asset forfeiture became a prized hammer in law enforcement's tool chest in the 1980s, when the government was struggling to combat organized drug cartels. Law enforcement groups say the laws allow them to disrupt drug trafficking operations by targeting their proceeds—cars, cash, and guns.

However, the practice has exploded since then, and civil liberties groups and political advocacy organizations, both liberal and conservative, say the perverse profit incentives and lack of due process for property owners lead to far more average citizens having their property seized than cartel bosses.

The Justice Department plays a huge role in asset forfeiture through its Equitable Sharing Program, which allows state and local police to have their forfeiture cases "adopted" by the federal government. The feds take over the case, and the seized money is put into the equitable sharing pool. In return, the department gets up to 80 percent of those funds back. The equitable sharing program distributes hundreds of millions of dollars a year to police departments around the country.

Darpana Sheth, an attorney for the Institute for Justice, a libertarian-leaning public interest law firm, called Sessions' announcement "a disheartening setback in the fight to protect Americans' private property rights" in a statement Monday.

"Ordinary Americans see that civil forfeiture is unconstitutional, and 24 states have taken steps to roll back civil forfeiture laws," Sheth continued. "The Attorney General's plan to increase forfeitures is jarringly out of step with those positive developments."

Although the details have yet to be released, Sessions' directive appears likely to loosen the restrictions on "adoptions" of forfeiture cases by the federal government—an alarming prospect for opponents of asset forfeiture.

"Reversing the ban on adoptive seizures would revive one of the most notorious forms of forfeiture abuse," Sheth said. "So-called 'adoptive' seizures allow state and local law enforcement to circumvent state-law limitations on civil forfeiture by seizing property and then transferring it to federal prosecutors for forfeiture under federal law. Bringing back adoptive seizures would create a road map to circumvent state-level forfeiture reforms."
                  So far, Jeff Sessions has been "jarringly out of step" on pretty much every libertarian issue out there. If the "personal liberty"-minded members of the GOP don't start pushing back harder against this guy, there isn't going to be a libertarian wing of the party come 2020.
                  "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                  "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                  "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• And our government over stepping its bounds again......... Unfortunately at some point our government became a for profit business and the continued adding to its responsibilities makes it look for more options on how to remain "profitable". How many trillion are we in debt now?
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      It's so bad they are making jokes about it.

Seriously, when did CNN not cover every little thing in Washington? Not this year though. They dropped everything else to focus on Russia colluding with Trump. There are things going on in EPA, for example, that GWB, GHWB and RR could never have tried. Hint: If all you have is the President's son dropping the ball, you got nothing. Go do your freaking job. Let National Inquirer cover this sh__.

J
                      Hahahahahaha...

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

I think being g a lying colluding scumbag might not be enough for impeachment, but it'll be enough to make sure he has zero support to get anything done for the next 3.5 years. Healthcare won't be the last failure for this colossal loser.

I can't believe we're 1/8th through this slow motion trainwreck... Only 4 more of these, and we'll be into election 2020 time.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                        Meanwhile, the AG continues to do everything in his power to alienate libertarians...

Jeff Sessions Announces Justice Department Will Increase Asset Forfeiture

So far, Jeff Sessions has been "jarringly out of step" on pretty much every libertarian issue out there. If the "personal liberty"-minded members of the GOP don't start pushing back harder against this guy, there isn't going to be a libertarian wing of the party come 2020.
                        Yeah, the only possible stop for this would be formal legislation at this point. Which is discouraging.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                          And our government over stepping its bounds again......... Unfortunately at some point our government became a for profit business and the continued adding to its responsibilities makes it look for more options on how to remain "profitable". How many trillion are we in debt now?
                          Yeah, with civil asset forfeiture that 'some point' was 35 years ago, and it doesn't have anything to do with the national debt. The feds use this program to grease the local police and sheriff's departments. Locals start to build their budgets around it. As a result, local drug enforcement policy becomes synched with federal drug enforcement policy...geared around making drug busts instead of prevention or interdiction.

Stop a deal from happening and nobody knows or cares. Bust that deal and there are great photos of officers with piles of drugs, guns and money, and everybody gets a taste.
                          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Stop a deal from happening and nobody knows or cares. Bust that deal and there are great photos of officers with piles of drugs, guns and money, and everybody gets a taste.
                            Piles that somehow still end up finding its way back on the street.....

Comment

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                Hahahahahaha...

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

I think being g a lying colluding scumbag might not be enough for impeachment, but it'll be enough to make sure he has zero support to get anything done for the next 3.5 years. Healthcare won't be the last failure for this colossal loser.

I can't believe we're 1/8th through this slow motion trainwreck... Only 4 more of these, and we'll be into election 2020 time.
                                Dude. Get a grip. If Trump Jr. is the big news, they got nada.

A Limbaughism is going around today. It's subtle, but there is a point. In Washington everything gets run through a standard binary filter. It's Democrat/Republican (or Liberal/Conservative) because that is the way things are set up. Usually, this is workable. However, there is a new dichotomy at play--Trump/Beltway Bureaucracy. It tends to express as Trump vs Democrats, but sometimes you can roll about half the Republicans in as well. If you look for the signs, meaning not the 24/7 Russia coverage, the administrations war on the Agency/Administration culture is hot.

Check the EPA, for example. Climate science is effectively disavowed. Climate scientists have been removed. Any rules to regulate carbon dioxide or methane are under review. Rules governing the reach of the Agency are being revised down. The budget was submitted with a 31% cut. Similar things are occurring in Education, Justice, HUD, State, and Interior.

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                                Piles that somehow still end up finding its way back on the street.....
                                Legalize. We can deal with the impact on healthcare as part of the bigger disaster that is ACA.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X