This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    “We assess Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the US presidential election. Russia’s goals were to undermine public faith in the US democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump.”

- from the joint CIA/FBI/NSA report in Jan.
    Yeah I spec when we read that we're both reading that in different ways, because I don't think it says that Russia created the Manchurian candidate and actually chose to back Trump. I think Trump was a happy coincidence
    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
      Yeah I spec when we read that we're both reading that in different ways, because I don't think it says that Russia created the Manchurian candidate and actually chose to back Trump. I think Trump was a happy coincidence
      I guess in the end it doesn't matter which came first, what's relevant is that the Russians ran an active pro-Trump / anti-Clinton program, and that members of the current administration were both aware and potentially solicited its involvement (despite repeated claims to the contrary).
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        I guess in the end it doesn't matter which came first, what's relevant is that the Russians ran an active pro-Trump / anti-Clinton program, and that members of the current administration were both aware and potentially solicited its involvement (despite repeated claims to the contrary).
        Yes, we agree on this. And, its all so very troubling and damning.

I have been thinking about Putin's desire to influence, and how successful he might have been with almost another GOP candidate. I believe he would have attempted to reach out to anyone in the general election not named Hillary. But, would any other candidate have been surrounded by nincompoops like Trump's team? What would've happen if Cruz or Rubio had won? Would they, too, have "taken a meeting" with foreign operatives from Russia?
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          You fucking guys.

You don't care if Trump was fluffed by the Russians.

Because America meddled in other elections.

Well fuck you.

FUCK YOU.

Yes we are a shitheeled democracy that should flail ourselves because we suck and WE DO.

But you either work to move forward or you make excuses to stay where we are.

I won't apologize for being vitriolic.

YOU apologize for being reticent. This is ALL your fault every one of you in here.

This is my LAST post and you can claim it's a cop out, but I'll check back in 2019 and if none of you are embarrassed for your support of this shitasitic adminiistrsntion, well then eat shit because you should be.

Trump is a douche.

If you support him you're a douche as well.

Hillary was the reason Trump is in office.

Hillary is a douche

You Are as well if you supported her.

The DNC and all to you asshats who supported her are complicit.

Thanks for letting your true feelings be known. I appreciate having one hardcore progressive voice in the conversation, and i feel the same way when I think about all the idiots who got us into this because of their hyper partisan devotion, including those who ignored HRC's flaws.

Unlike GITH, I feel the best play for the country, once the ballot was set, was to elect HRC, then pressure her on the issues, just as Bernie was able to twist her arm on the progressive party platform.

As for Putin, I think he would have preferred HRC to win by a sliver, then have Trumps army of lunatic Alex Jones fans revolt against the government... but having an ally as profoundly stupid as Trump has its advantages as well.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            You fucking guys.

You don't care if Trump was fluffed by the Russians.

Because America meddled in other elections.

Well fuck you.

FUCK YOU.

Yes we are a shitheeled democracy that should flail ourselves because we suck and WE DO.

But you either work to move forward or you make excuses to stay where we are.

I won't apologize for being vitriolic.

YOU apologize for being reticent. This is ALL your fault every one of you in here.

This is my LAST post and you can claim it's a cop out, but I'll check back in 2019 and if none of you are embarrassed for your support of this shitasitic adminiistrsntion, well then eat shit because you should be.

Trump is a douche.

If you support him you're a douche as well.

Hillary was the reason Trump is in office.

Hillary is a douche

You Are as well if you supported her.

The DNC and all to you asshats who supported her are complicit.

Purple drank or the brown stuff? Either way, looks like it was poured deep and uncut

Comment

• Lucky wanted things on foreign policy. For what it may be worth:

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                Lucky wanted things on foreign policy. For what it may be worth:

J
                Yes, I had seen that article. Here's a brief summary:

Mexico border wall - No concrete new policy
                War on ISIS - No concrete new policy
                Russia - No concrete new policy
                Syrian civil war - No concrete new policy
                North Korea’s nuclear threat - No concrete new policy
                China - No concrete new policy
                Afghanistan - No concrete new policy
                NATO - No concrete new policy
                Cuba - No concrete new policy
                Israeli-Palestinian conflict - No concrete new policy
                NAFTA - No concrete new policy

Concrete Policy Changes: Travel Ban, TPP, Paris agreement
                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                  Yes, I had seen that article. Here's a brief summary:

Mexico border wall - No concrete new policy
                  War on ISIS - No concrete new policy
                  Russia - No concrete new policy
                  Syrian civil war - No concrete new policy
                  North Korea’s nuclear threat - No concrete new policy
                  China - No concrete new policy
                  Afghanistan - No concrete new policy
                  NATO - No concrete new policy
                  Cuba - No concrete new policy
                  Israeli-Palestinian conflict - No concrete new policy
                  NAFTA - No concrete new policy

Concrete Policy Changes: Travel Ban, TPP, Paris agreement
                  Several trade issues, not just TPP. You have the wall wrong. Border policy in mint new. I am not sure I agree with the Israel/Palestine one. If not a new policy, certainly a new posture. The relations with China are evolving, but not concrete new policy is accurate for now.

The one that is left out is a new initiative to counter nukes in Iran.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• And now Roger Waters is weighing in on American politics with his anti-Trump themed tour.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/15/us/rog...ntv/index.html

An inflatable pig with Donald Trump's face on the side. Screens that show doctored images of the President throwing up. Photos of Trump with Russian President Vladimir Putin, as a big baby, and as Hitler.
                    They're just a few of the images music fans can catch on Pink Floyd co-founder Roger Waters' 54-date North American tour, "Us + Them," which kicked off on May 26 and coincides with the release of Water's first studio album in 25 years, "Is This the Life We Really Want?"
                    The political nature of his show, Waters told CNN, is a calculated and defiant response to what he calls the "charade" of the American presidency.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• It's so bad they are making jokes about it.

Seriously, when did CNN not cover every little thing in Washington? Not this year though. They dropped everything else to focus on Russia colluding with Trump. There are things going on in EPA, for example, that GWB, GHWB and RR could never have tried. Hint: If all you have is the President's son dropping the ball, you got nothing. Go do your freaking job. Let National Inquirer cover this sh__.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• How the heck does this guy, at this point, have a higher favorable rating than Hillary Clinton?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...lar-than-trump
                        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                          How the heck does this guy, at this point, have a higher favorable rating than Hillary Clinton?

Because people have been beating on Hillary Clinton for over 30 years now...eventually things stick, no matter how untrue they may be. Trump is catching up at supersonic speed though, his actual approval rating drops with almost every poll. I suspect the recent setback with Trumpcare is going to add even more momentum to the decent.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Because people have been beating on Hillary Clinton for over 30 years now...eventually things stick, no matter how untrue they may be. Trump is catching up at supersonic speed though, his actual approval rating drops with almost every poll. I suspect the recent setback with Trumpcare is going to add even more momentum to the decent.
                            Trump could be impeached tomorrow and would still have a 35% approval rating.
                            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                              How the heck does this guy, at this point, have a higher favorable rating than Hillary Clinton?

You always will have the Republicans hating Hillary. But now you have the Democrats who voted for her, saw her get upset, and thanks to her badly run campaign now have a clown in office, so they hate her for losing.

I am convinced, though, that her approval ratings today would be in the high 40s if she won.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                I am convinced, though, that her approval ratings today would be in the high 40s if she won.
                                Not a chance.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X