Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The president has a cough and a fever; the first lady is said to be asymptomatic. The real question is how bad it gets—and how the election unfolds. “It’s as if the campaign ended yesterday,” says a former West Wing official.

The biggest unknown is the state of the president’s health. This morning the New York Times reported that Trump is exhibiting “coldlike symptoms.” Two Republicans in close contact with the White House told me that Trump’s symptoms have included a cough and fever. Melania is said to be asymptomatic.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      Mark Meadows says "Trump has mild symptoms."

Hey, remember when Boris Johnson had mild symptoms and then a few hours later he was suddenly in hospital and on a ventilator?

16 hours since Trump last tweeted... hmm.... how mild could they be if they prevent Trump from tweeting?
      I think two big differences is that Trump's case got caught very early and he is on new antivirals for it that should help: https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...g-info-2020-10. He is getting the very best treatment that money can buy, which, sadly, cannot be said for most people.

In a memo released Friday, White House physician Sean Conley said Trump has received an injection of eight grams of Regeneron's antibody drug. The New York biotech started clinical trials on June 11 for the experimental treatment, called REGN-COV2.

The physician's statement noted Trump "remains fatigued but is in good spirits." Conley also noted the president has also been taking zinc, vitamin D, famotidine, melatonin, and a daily aspirin.

Regeneron's drug is an experimental treatment still in clinical trials. On September 29, the company released a description of early results from the first 275 volunteers in the non-hospitalized patient study.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I think two big differences is that Trump's case got caught very early and he is on new antivirals for it that should help: https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...g-info-2020-10. He is getting the very best treatment that money can buy, which, sadly, cannot be said for most people.

In a memo released Friday, White House physician Sean Conley said Trump has received an injection of eight grams of Regeneron's antibody drug. The New York biotech started clinical trials on June 11 for the experimental treatment, called REGN-COV2.

The physician's statement noted Trump "remains fatigued but is in good spirits." Conley also noted the president has also been taking zinc, vitamin D, famotidine, melatonin, and a daily aspirin.

Regeneron's drug is an experimental treatment still in clinical trials. On September 29, the company released a description of early results from the first 275 volunteers in the non-hospitalized patient study.
        just wait for the miracle drug melatonin to be the next big cure we hear about
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Trump headed to Walter Reed medical Center....could be nothing or maybe not. Who knows?
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Trump headed to Walter Reed medical Center....could be nothing or maybe not. Who knows?
            That doesn't seem consistent with "mild symptoms", but I don't know how serious it does mean it is.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Trump headed to Walter Reed hospital!
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• This is exactly how Boris Johnson played out. They say he's in hospital as a precaution, but working from the hospital. Then all of a sudden he's being given oxygen... as an aid, not entirely necessary.... then you find out he was extremely lucky to survive.

Trump is actually 74 to BoJo at 55, and given his mini strokes, I don't see Don brushing it off very quickly or easily if he does manage to survive.

Here's the quote a clipped. Shows you the amount of effort to portray he's fine betrayed by reality. If he was able to work, he'd be tweeting.

C'mon Donny. Herman Cain still tweets from beyond the grave. Step your game up.

Trump, 74, was going to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, in what aides said was a precautionary move. Officials said they expected him to be there for a few days.

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany said the president "remains in good spirits, has mild symptoms, and has been working throughout the day."

"Out of an abundance of caution, and at the recommendation of his physician and medical experts, the President will be working from the presidential offices at Walter Reed for the next few days. President Trump appreciates the outpouring of support for both he and the First Lady," she added.
                Yeah, he's working from the hospital... sure.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• To me the exchange with Woodward where he admitted this virus ripped people apart and was dangerous, but that he personally was not at risk proves that Trump really does believe he is favored by a higher power, which is in keeping with the prosperity gospel he grew up with. He really believed that those favored by God are proven favored by their good fortune. I really think that is what informed his anti-mask policies. He was too smart to say it out loud, but deep down he sees poverty, getting sick, dying, as a weakness, and proof of God's disfavor. That is why he can look directly at an eclipse, or walk around without a mask. It is why he is rich and won the presidenecy. His whole life was proof of that belief system. That is my theory, anyway.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...vED?li=BBnbfcL

CNN on Friday obtained a new audio recording from Woodward's April 13 interview with Trump that sheds new light on the President's mindset. While Trump admitted to Woodward the virus is a "plague" that "rips you apart," he has publicly resisted wearing a mask and has flouted social-distancing recommendations.

When Woodward pressed the President about whether he was worried about becoming infected, Trump dismissed concerns about his own health.

"You're risking getting it, of course," said Woodward. "The way you move around and have those briefings and deal with people. Are you worried about that?"

"No, I'm not. I don't know why I'm not. I'm not," the President responded.

"Why?" Woodward asked.

"I don't know," Trump said. "I'm just not."

Comment

• I mean, think about it. Such a belief system explains SO much about Trump's attitudes and governing style. If you believe that what happens to people is evidence of divine favor or disfavor, it makes sense that you would say of a man captured and tortured in war "I like people who were not caught," right? Why should you like someone that God has shown to dislike? It explains why he would call soldiers killed in action losers. It explains his anti-mask policies too. If you believe those favored will not get sick and those who do get sick are not favored, well, then why not have have rallies full of your followers without masks? You are favored by God. You are rich, you are successful, you are president, you can look at an eclipse without eye protection. Your followers on your path must be favored too. IDK, maybe I am trying to find a reason for actions that I cannot understand. But if he believes this way, it explains a lot. What other explanation is there for a man who believes he cannot catch a virus?
                    Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-02-2020, 09:20 PM. Reason: grammar errors

Comment

• Very interesting insights, Sour Masher.

Seems like a plausible explanation for his sense of infallibility, although I don't know if Trump has much time to consider any higher power than himself.

To add to your prosperity gospel theory, it would also explain his opulent expensive gold everything. Its a tribute to his chosen gods of money and power.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        I mean, think about it. Such a belief system explains SO much about Trump's attitudes and governing style. If you believe that what happens to people is evidence of divine favor or disfavor, it makes sense that you would say of a man captured and tortured in war "I like people were not caught," right? Why should you like someone that God has shown to dislike? It explains why he would call soldiers killed in action losers. It explains his anti-mask policies too. If you believe those favored will not get sick and those who do get sick are not favored, well, then why not have have rallies full of your followers without masks? You are favored by God. You are rich, you are successful, you are president, you can look at an eclipse without eye protection. Your followers on your path must be favored too. IDK, maybe I am trying to find a reason for actions that I cannot understand. But if he believes this way, it explains a lot. What other explanation is there for a man who believes he cannot catch a virus?
                        Going out on a limb here - perhaps he is a delusional narcissist ?
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          Going out on a limb here - perhaps he is a delusional narcissist ?
                          I suppose that doesn't necessarily rule out what you proposed
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Trump doesn’t have COVID. Joy Reid says so.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Trump doesn’t have COVID. Joy Reid says so.
                              Her account has been hacked again ? Luckily, FBI still investigating
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Trump believing in a higher power, puh-leez. The guy doesn't know shit about the bible but pretends to because the religious right is easily manipulated. He is a malignant narcissist who thinks he's a superhuman. His delusional self-grandeur has caused tens of thousands of people to die. He is a sociopathic monster and the only reason I'm not actively hoping for his death is because I want to see him suffer first, by watching it all crumble due to his own weakness.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X