This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Right, it's completely tone deaf. And as I said, and everyone here knows, this is far from the first time he's done this. When someone in this country does something tone deaf and self-broadcasts it out to the public, they usually get bashed for it. And by right they should. Trump seems to have a permanent pass from the right from his constant tone-deafness.
    He could have said the same thing after the fires are done and you'd be perfectly fine with it?

If Trump had tweeted last year during the hurricane that Houston should do more to protect itself against flooding, I would not have been triggered to 11 on the outrage meter.

edit: I gave that example because I live in Houston.
    Last edited by cardboardbox; 11-11-2018, 06:47 PM.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      He could have said the same thing after the fires are done and you'd be perfectly fine with it?

If Trump had tweeted last year during the hurricane that Houston should do more to protect itself against flooding, I would not have been triggered to 11 on the outrage meter.
      It's a cumulative effect. Straws and backs. Sometimes his littler stupidities are what set people off, but it is all of them together that is behind the reactions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        It's a cumulative effect. Straws and backs. Sometimes his littler stupidities are what set people off, but it is all of them together that is behind the reactions.
        I agree - but his supporters, interpreters, defenders never add up the pieces.

Comment

edit: I gave that example because I live in Houston.
          I know. I'm reading what triggered you -- things like when the deficit hit $15 Trillion (but funny that it's almost $22 Trillion, and we haven't heard a peep out of you about the deficit in what, 2 years?), Solyndra, etc., etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            I know. I'm reading what triggered you -- things like when the deficit hit $15 Trillion (but funny that it's almost $22 Trillion, and we haven't heard a peep out of you about the deficit in what, 2 years?), Solyndra, etc., etc.
            I no longer believe either side has any interest in getting the deficit under control.
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I no longer believe either side has any interest in getting the deficit under control.
              You are supposed to say you ‘evolved’ on the issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                See, even though I’m now an out of the closet staunch Trump supporter and apologist ( Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż), I get that. If I started were a lot of the rational people on the left did on Trump, I would probably be there with you. But I didn’t. He is very tone deaf, whether it’s deliberate or not is the real question. Sometimes the only logical explanation I can even see is that he is his own counsel and listens to very few, if any, of the people surrounding him. I am astounded by how little he seemingly comprehends. His Balkan’s confusion was very weird. Take away his phone and half of his decisive garbage would be gone.
                I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  What a fucking buffoon. Hope all you right wingers are enjoying your Remembrance Day "celebrations"... fucking insane that right wingers excuse this lack of understanding what solemnity even is or what it's to be used for. Just brash public idiocy.

"I am in Paris getting ready to celebrate the end of World War One. Is there anything better to celebrate than the end of a war, in particular that one, which was one of the bloodiest and worst of all time?"
                  Not one attempted defense of this. Cowards.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I love the way you debate.

It would be more effective if you capitalized your words. It makes it easier to hear your yelling and name calling.
                    Last edited by Gregg; 11-12-2018, 10:47 AM.

Comment

What a fucking buffoon. Hope all you right wingers are enjoying your Remembrance Day "celebrations"... fucking insane that right wingers excuse this lack of understanding what solemnity even is or what it's to be used for. Just brash public idiocy.

"I am in Paris getting ready to celebrate the end of World War One. Is there anything better to celebrate than the end of a war, in particular that one, which was one of the bloodiest and worst of all time?"
                      As I've said before, you won't find many right wingers here, as almost all of us are centrists.

Couple that with not many people posting on the weekend's and you get no response.

Jessie, take another hit on the pipe. Dude, you're going to have a coronary being so high strung and tense.
                      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Is it not possible that maybe we may agree with you? Just because someone doesnt defend it - doesnt mean that they are cowards.

Here is an interesting idea - rather than assuming that anyone that defends Trump is a 100% Trumper - maybe realize that its possible to support certain aspects of what he is/has done and STILL NOT AGREE with him on EVERYTHING.

Some here may actually believe that his stance on the economy has been positive.
                        Some may believe that while he lacks diplomacy - his foreign relations have actually been reasonably effective.
                        Some may feel he has made 2 reasonably solid appointments to SCOTUS.

I dont think anyone here believes he should use his Twitter account in the manner he does. Its part of why I dont actually use Twitter.

There may only be a couple - all in Trump supporters here. I am not one of them (though you will likely refuse to believe that).

It is also possible TW - that people have stopped responding to your fishing attempts, because when they show any sign of agreement to anything Trumptonian - you typically go to labeling them racist, or an assault enabler, or homophobic, and literally people are tired of fending off bullshit character assassinations or being told that they deserve to be gutt punched or whatever. It is possible that no one responds because they are just tired of having the conversation with you - not the conversation itself.

Or it may be possible that this occurred over the weekend and people like myself pay little attention to social media or much of anything else, because we limit our social media usage or internet access on weekends because we would rather be doing things with our family and friends - and not having to make judgments on everything that has raised someone's hackles....

All of the above are possibilities. All having nothing to do with cowardice.

Have a great day sir trying to figure out which circle everyone here falls into.
                        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

How will you be celebrating? Is it like our Fourth of July?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            How will you be celebrating? Is it like our Fourth of July?
                            I just went to a Remembrance Day ceremony at my daughter's school. After each presentation, the audience was instructed not to clap. Only the occasional child forgot, maybe 2-3 out of 700...

Trump is the one clapping and when the teacher approaches, he sticks his tongue out at her.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                              Is it not possible that maybe we may agree with you? Just because someone doesnt defend it - doesnt mean that they are cowards.

Here is an interesting idea - rather than assuming that anyone that defends Trump is a 100% Trumper - maybe realize that its possible to support certain aspects of what he is/has done and STILL NOT AGREE with him on EVERYTHING.

Some here may actually believe that his stance on the economy has been positive.
                              Some may believe that while he lacks diplomacy - his foreign relations have actually been reasonably effective.
                              Some may feel he has made 2 reasonably solid appointments to SCOTUS.

I dont think anyone here believes he should use his Twitter account in the manner he does. Its part of why I dont actually use Twitter.

There may only be a couple - all in Trump supporters here. I am not one of them (though you will likely refuse to believe that).

It is also possible TW - that people have stopped responding to your fishing attempts, because when they show any sign of agreement to anything Trumptonian - you typically go to labeling them racist, or an assault enabler, or homophobic, and literally people are tired of fending off bullshit character assassinations or being told that they deserve to be gutt punched or whatever. It is possible that no one responds because they are just tired of having the conversation with you - not the conversation itself.

Or it may be possible that this occurred over the weekend and people like myself pay little attention to social media or much of anything else, because we limit our social media usage or internet access on weekends because we would rather be doing things with our family and friends - and not having to make judgments on everything that has raised someone's hackles....

All of the above are possibilities. All having nothing to do with cowardice.

Have a great day sir trying to figure out which circle everyone here falls into.
                              For fuck sake... I have never called anyone on this site a racist despite constant claims that I have. Look it up if you want to launch that phony claim! Look it the fuck up! Show me! I'm sick of it, so stop fucking throwing that claim. Gregg too. Fucking done, its idiotic. We have a fucking search function on this site. Use it.

Let me be more specific. I asked chancellor specifically if he prefers to go big in celebrating Sept. 11th or Remembrance Day more. Both events Trump claimed to be celebrating. He had zero response. That's cowardly.

You cannot take what you like and lump the rest with your choice of leader. If you defend him, I expect an answer to a simple question.

Comment

• Yea the Trump a la cart defense rings very hollow.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X