X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Surprise: Don McGahn out.
    Remember that he cooperated extensively with Mueller for months...with Trump's blessing. It'll be interesting to see just how all that plays out...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• This ad is just plain uncomfortable to me - how stupid are your voters?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ump-ad-704926/

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
        This ad is just plain uncomfortable to me - how stupid are your voters?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ump-ad-704926/
        Wow, he is super, super super into the strategy of selling a vote for him is a vote for Trump. I really hope he loses, but fear the Trump clone campaign may work down there. But yeah, if I'm trump I wouldn't want to be in a room alone with Desantis. He may steal his skin and wear.it.as.anTrump suit. Talk about a super fan. Heavy handed branding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Wow, he is super, super super into the strategy of selling a vote for him is a vote for Trump. I really hope he loses, but fear the Trump clone campaign may work down there. But yeah, if I'm trump I wouldn't want to be in a room alone with Desantis. He may steal his skin and wear.it.as.anTrump suit. Talk about a super fan. Heavy handed branding.
          Omigod, I think my mom would move to Cuba or something if this clown became Governor.

Comment

• So many different threads that this could go into, but basically it lies at the feet of Trump.

The United States is denying passports to Americans along the border, throwing their citizenship into question
            The Trump administration is accusing hundreds, and possibly thousands, of Hispanics along the border with Mexico of using fraudulent birth certificates since they were babies, and it is undertaking a widespread crackdown on their citizenship.

In some cases, passport applicants with official U.S. birth certificates are being jailed in immigration detention centers and entered into deportation proceedings. In others, they are stuck in Mexico, their passports suddenly revoked when they tried to reenter the United States.
            WaPo news alerts...

Jailing people with official US Birth Certificates. Passports revoked...to US citizens. What a fucking monster.

I have no doubt that the courts will strike this action down as quickly as they did the Muslim ban, but how many people does this asshole need to hurt? Is there a number?
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Omigod, I think my mom would move to Cuba or something if this clown became Governor.
              My mom will likely vote for him, if she bothers to vote . She is a Trump fan.

I'm getting really excited to see Gillum-DeSantis play out. I've been skeptical in the past of the electiability of a progressive candidate for POTUS, but if Gillum can win in Florida, anything is possible. It will be very interesting to watch.

We are thinking of moving back down there to be close to both our extended families for our young sons' sakes. A wannabe Trump gov on top of a Trump prez may be too much to tolerate, though. I will say that while Gillum won't get my mother's vote, he would my sister's, if she ever decides to vote. The legalizing pot plank of his platform would be super attractive to her. Also, Gillum is actually talking about Florida issues, whereas DeSantis only wants to talk about Trump national issues and go on Fox News over 100 times to be on the national stage.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 08-29-2018, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                So many different threads that this could go into, but basically it lies at the feet of Trump.

WaPo news alerts...

Jailing people with official US Birth Certificates. Passports revoked...to US citizens. What a fucking monster.

I have no doubt that the courts will strike this action down as quickly as they did the Muslim ban, but how many people does this asshole need to hurt? Is there a number?
                He really is a complete monster. His supporters are too. And those who excuse his monstrous behaviors because he got them tax cuts and judicial appointments are just as culpable.

It's really fucking depressing knowing that at minimum a third of our country are monsters. Not terribly surprising I suppose given our history, but depressing nonetheless.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• By the way Trump now tweets almost any time in a 24 hour day.

Comment

• In doing away with the 2.1 percent across-the-board pay increase that was scheduled to take effect in January, Trump said he was working "put our Nation on a fiscally sustainable course." 
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

You should probably plan on it.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• It continues to boggle my mind that his blatant attacks on the rule of law, on the ideals of a separation of power, and on the need for a free press seem to be accepted by many in the party that has long held these pillars of our democracy sacred. Are the Trump supporters and Trump tolerant folks here not outraged by his explicit, heavy handed demands for politicizing the DOJ, his attacks on Sessions for daring to look into illegal activities for his cronies (he clearly thinks only losers should be prosecuted for crimes and winners should be exempt)? What about his continued threats and attacks on various media sources? Is Trump's general attitude to how things should work not frighteningly close to an authoritarian regime to you? It truly blows my mind what many in the country now find acceptable behavior from a president. As I've long said, his normalizing such behavior represents an existential threat to our ideals.

Comment

It continues to boggle my mind that his blatant attacks on the rule of law, on the ideals of a separation of power, and on the need for a free press seem to be accepted by many in the party that has long held these pillars of our democracy sacred. Are the Trump supporters and Trump tolerant folks here not outraged by his explicit, heavy handed demands for politicizing the DOJ, his attacks on Sessions for daring to look into illegal activities for his cronies (he clearly thinks only losers should be prosecuted for crimes and winners should be exempt)? What about his continued threats and attacks on various media sources? Is Trump's general attitude to how things should work not frighteningly close to an authoritarian regime to you? It truly blows my mind what many in the country now find acceptable behavior from a president. As I've long said, his normalizing such behavior represents an existential threat to our ideals.
                          The ship on Republicans standing for anything but total power and pure greed has sailed. If it ever was docked is up for debate.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Woodward's book also paints a picture of someone who is unhinged and dangerous. What do people think of it?

To me, this isn't about party or loyalty to ideology. Trump's words and deeds transcend the to me. I really can't see how folks dismiss all he says and does that are so egregiously scary and abnormal, even if you like his policies. Why not support a GOP challenge in 2020? Someone that shares your ideology, but without everything else that comes with Trump? Or are some folks here still on board for the whole package, it do you fear yes beat any challenger the GOP has to offer? Is the cult of personality around him bigger than the party?

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              The ship on Republicans standing for anything but total power and pure greed has sailed. If it ever was docked is up for debate.
                              Even if that is true, isn't standing behind Trump, no matter what, short sighted? This guy is trying to pervert long held beliefs and norms in our democracy. Letting him do that may end up hurting the GOP for a long time.

Comment

Woodward's book also paints a picture of someone who is unhinged and dangerous. What do people think of it?

To me, this isn't about party or loyalty to ideology. Trump's words and deeds transcend the to me. I really can't see how folks dismiss all he says and does that are so egregiously scary and abnormal, even if you like his policies. Why not support a GOP challenge in 2020? Someone that shares your ideology, but without everything else that comes with Trump? Or are some folks here still on board for the whole package, it do you fear yes beat any challenger the GOP has to offer? Is the cult of personality around him bigger than the party?
                                The stooge has already Tweeted that his book is fake news. Do people really buy his bullshit?

Comment

Working...
                                X