This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
    Bloomberg is the only guy who ever enticed me to vote against the Democratic candidate in a partisan election (NYC Mayoral Election 2005 v. Fernando Ferrer), so it would certainly be interesting to see him seek the presidential nomination as a Democrat. I wonder how many independents and traditional conservatives he'd pull away from Trump and how many "progressives" he'd lose to the Green Party or non-voting on the left. My instinct is that he'd also be hurt across the political spectrum by conscious and subconscious anti-Semitism (as would Bernie Sanders).
    Yeah, I agree 100% that Bloomberg would be hurt by Anti-Semitism. I'd also bet dollars to donuts that Trump's team, or supporters would dog whistle the hell out of that with subtle and maybe not too subtle ads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I'm surprised you'd let a VP pick sway your vote. VP's don't really matter much, unless the top guy croaks.
      well Bloomberg is 76 so he's getting up there. In 2008 there were people on this forum who said McCain wouldnt live long enough to serve his first term if elected.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
        That would kill the deal for me. If the VP choice were some centrist without the showboating personality I’d be in on that.
        I dont know if it would kill the deal for me but it might come close.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          well Bloomberg is 76 so he's getting up there. In 2008 there were people on this forum who said McCain wouldnt live long enough to serve his first term if elected.
          Bloomberg is much healthier than McCain was, but yeah, 76 is pretty old. That said, Trump, Sanders and Biden are equivalently old and are all presumably planning to seek the nomination in 2020.

Comment

• Kim Jong Un is a great guy, the best guy, I love him, I deserve a Nobel Prize, you can sleep well at night as the nuclear era in North Korea is over, and.........what? Ummmm, nevermind!

"Satellite images from last week show that North Korea is making numerous improvements to the infrastructure at a nuclear research facility, according to a new study.

The images, obtained by North Korea analysis outlet 38 North, come just weeks after President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un signed an agreement that called for a denuclearized Korean Peninsula.

The satellite photos indicate that North Korea is quickly progressing on several adjustments to the Yongbyon Nuclear Scientific Research Center.
            The improvements include a new cooling water pump house, multiple new buildings, completed construction on a cooling water reservoir and an apparently active radiochemical laboratory. It is unclear whether the reactor is still in operation, the report said."

Comment

• Yup, I got sucked into "fake news"...Gotta consider the source, and I didn't. Mea Culpa...

A Tweet claiming to quote the CEO of Harley Davidson calling Donald Trump a ‘moron’ has been spreading rapidly online.

The message has been retweeted almost 18,000 times, and liked more than 34,000 times at the time of writing.

It claims motorcycle boss Matthew S Levatich had said: “Our decision to move some of our operations is 100% based on President Trumps [sic] tariffs.

“Mr. Trump knows nothing about economics and even less about trade. The man is a moron."

Judy Tinsleman
              @tinsleman
              Harley Davidson CEO Matthew S Levatich says:

"Our decision to move some of our operations is 100% based on President Trumps tariffs. Mr. Trump knows nothing about economics and even less about trade. The man is a moron."#MAGA

The quote is entirely fake

On Tuesday threatened Harley-Davidson Inc with unspecified higher taxes over the motorcycle maker's decision to move some production out of the United States to its international facilities in response to EU motorcycle tariffs.

Since then, Mr Levatich has become a target for Donald Trump’s fans online

The fake quote appears to have originated by a Twitter account under the name of Judy Tinselman, who claims to be a “Political Analyist” working in Washington DC.

But prior to tweeting the inflammatory quote, the account had just one follower. It now has almost 500.

A spokesman for Harley Davidson told the Mirror: “That tweet is completely fake.”

Mr Levatich has not spoken publicly about the move, nor commented on the President's tweets

The account went on to post a quote it claims was from President Trump and reported by Politico: “If Harley Davidson moves part of their production from Kansas City to Thailand, I will tax them into bankruptcy big time.”

While President Trump has used his Twitter account to threaten the motorcycle manufacturer with heavy taxes, the above quote is fake.
              A tweet claiming to include a quote from the motorcycle boss is spreading rapidly through the internet. It's entirely fake
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Kim Jong Un is a great guy, the best guy, I love him, I deserve a Nobel Prize, you can sleep well at night as the nuclear era in North Korea is over, and.........what? Ummmm, nevermind!

"Satellite images from last week show that North Korea is making numerous improvements to the infrastructure at a nuclear research facility, according to a new study.

The images, obtained by North Korea analysis outlet 38 North, come just weeks after President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un signed an agreement that called for a denuclearized Korean Peninsula.

The satellite photos indicate that North Korea is quickly progressing on several adjustments to the Yongbyon Nuclear Scientific Research Center.
                The improvements include a new cooling water pump house, multiple new buildings, completed construction on a cooling water reservoir and an apparently active radiochemical laboratory. It is unclear whether the reactor is still in operation, the report said."

http://thehill.com/policy/internatio...earch-facility
                wouldnt you do the same until an agreement was reached?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  I'm surprised you'd let a VP pick sway your vote. VP's don't really matter much, unless the top guy croaks.
                  I didn't let it sway me when McCann choose Plain, but be surprised, because if Booker or Harris or ______ is a part of a ticket, I'd probably not vote Bloomberg. Ya know, its the Heart beat away thing! I'm not saying I vote Bloomberg any way, just that I'd have to strongly consider it. I was so much wanting him to jump in at the end of 2016, but he choose not to do so, I think I recall because he felt he'd hurt Hillary (Yea!).
                  I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

I didn't let it sway me when McCann choose Plain, but be surprised, because if Booker or Harris or ______ is a part of a ticket, I'd probably not vote Bloomberg. Ya know, its the Heart beat away thing! I'm not saying I vote Bloomberg any way, just that I'd have to strongly consider it. I was so much wanting him to jump in at the end of 2016, but he choose not to do so, I think I recall because he felt he'd hurt Hillary (Yea!).
                    Bloomberg/Hickenlooper?

Comment

Bloomberg/Hickenlooper?
                      From what I'm learning about Hickenlooper, that could seriously sway me. When the Top of the ticket is older (although at 61, I no longer choose to see 71 as old!) it is important to see who will replace him. I think Bloomberg is really a "traditional" Republican, if I recall correctly? If he still quasi-identifies tat way, he could be the exact sauvé that cures the Trump itch for a lot of Indys, middle and moderate GOPers! A ticket like that would be a bi-partisan ticket giving a split senate incentive to work together.
                      Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 06-27-2018, 12:40 PM.
                      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                        wouldnt you do the same until an agreement was reached?
                        Of course. Would you proclaim, and broadcast to the entire world, that North Korea was no longer a nuclear threat before any agreement was reached?

Would it be better if Bloomberg ran as a Republican and took Trump on in the primaries? Or does he believe the GOP is too far gone with Trump?

Comment

From what I'm learning about Hickenlooper, that could seriously sway me. When the Top of the ticket is older (although at 61, I no longer choose to see 71 as old!) it is important to see who will replace him. I think Bloomberg is really a "traditional" Republican, if I recall correctly? If he still quasi-identifies tat way, he could be the exact sauvé that cures the Trump itch for a lot of Indys, middle and moderate GOPers! A ticket like that would be a bi-partisan ticket giving a split senate incentive to work together.
                          He's a traditional NY Rockefeller Republican, supporting business and embracing symbiosis among Wall Street, Main Street and government. He's an anti-government-corruption and anti-special-interests executive. But he's pretty liberal on social issues, including reproductive choice and gay rights.

Comment

He's a traditional NY Rockefeller Republican, supporting business and embracing symbiosis among Wall Street, Main Street and government. He's an anti-government-corruption and anti-special-interests executive. But he's pretty liberal on social issues, including reproductive choice and gay rights.
                            Plus, he knows stuff like exactly how much soda everyone should have.
                            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

He is similarly aligned to how I see myself as a Banker and a social liberal.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                                Plus, he knows stuff like exactly how much soda everyone should have.
                                Yeah, that didn't work out so well here in Chicago!

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
                                X