• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up late and Tweeting!

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account

@realDonaldTrump

Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump

More Donald J. Trump Retweeted GOP

Michael Wolff is a total loser who made up stories in order to sell this really boring and untruthful book. He used Sloppy Steve Bannon, who cried when he got fired and begged for his job. Now Sloppy Steve has been dumped like a dog by almost everyone. Too bad!
    At best, roughly the level of a 7th grader.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Donald J. Trump, Super Genius

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Donald J. Trump, Super Genius
        Don't forget stable...very stable.

BTW, now wants the US taxpayers to pay for the wall.

GOP Tax Bill now estimated to add 1.8 Trillion to the deficit over the next decade.

Making moves to cut off aid to Pakistan.

Trying to blame DACA on the Dems, even though it's HIS administration who ended it...

The list goes on and on...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• By publicly declaring himself to be a genius (har har har), he joins a very exclusive club that includes Dr. Evil and Wile E. Coyote.

Comment

• Trumps measured careful response to book "''Michael Wolff is a total loser who made up stories in order to sell this really boring and untruthful book. He used Sloppy Steve Bannon, who cried when he got fired and begged for his job. Now Sloppy Steve has been dumped like a dog by almost everyone. Too bad!''

To 100% of the world leaders, how could this response, Trumps best attempt at countering the books claims, do anything but shine a light again on how simple and childish this man is at his best. Response from M Hamill, some actor but I appreciated it, ''Congratulations, sir! This dignified, statesman-like tweet is the perfect way to counter the book's narrative that you're an impulsive, childish dimwit.''

Comment

• in the newyorker an article making the rounds titled Trump didn't want to be president. i didn't read it yet. it's long, an excerpt from the book. .. i really think that Trump wanted very much to be president. that wasn't the first time he ran. and even then, maybe they are saying he didn't want work. and that's giving him too much credit because i bet he thought the president goes golfing all the time.

i think the whole idea he didn't want to win untrue. which made me think the book has a lot of fiction and slants. so it comes down to if he didn't than the book is true, if he did the book is wrong. heh

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                in the newyorker an article making the rounds titled Trump didn't want to be president. i didn't read it yet. it's long, an excerpt from the book. .. i really think that Trump wanted very much to be president. that wasn't the first time he ran. and even then, maybe they are saying he didn't want work. and that's giving him too much credit because i bet he thought the president goes golfing all the time.

i think the whole idea he didn't want to win untrue. which made me think the book has a lot of fiction and slants. so it comes down to if he didn't than the book is true, if he did the book is wrong. heh
                When did he run for President before?

Wolff also wrote a book on Rupert Murdoch where Murdoch gave him almost unlimited access and thought he was being courteous and thus hoped for a positive portrayal, but instead he ripped him a new one.

Also, Wolff was virtually embedded in the White House for three months. It would be hard to believe that he made shit up.

Comment

• i don't know. i mean the way you can slant things today, it's almost like it's made up? i learned Trump tried to run before from a Maureen Dowd article about 2 years ago. she was saying stuff like Trump has always wanted to be president, had pictures of him on a plane when he was either running in the primary or trying to get in. i think. did they not let him in that time?

also, if the guy ripped Murdoch, can we say he's on the other team? so he went in with a good idea how he was gonna write? i guess that doesn't matter. he probably was like, 'wow, that place is FUBAR, i got to get in there because it's probably a hell of a story'. to his credit.

i guess im guilty of basing my opinion on the title of one article. heh

edit: apparently Dowd was friends with Trump before he became president.

this was all i could find. Donald Trump Showed His Hand In 1999, But No One Was Looking i don't think im gonna read the article.
                  In 1999, Trump never even officially declared a presidential run. But he did lay out the roadmap to his 2015 campaign
                  Last edited by ; 01-07-2018, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• im not against news or journalism. i enjoy reading, and appreciate it and what it takes to become a journalist. the republican party has been trying to discredit the news for decades. it's the same strategy as they have been trying to discredit politicians and the government for even longer. i believe it's bad for society. and i don't mean to knock anyone that thinks those things are true, im just saying it's been going on a long time. and they appear to be winning.

i imagine Donald Trumps idea of being president fell somewhere in between the emperor scene in the movie history of the world part 1 and a Homer Simpson daydream.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                      i don't know. i mean the way you can slant things today, it's almost like it's made up? i learned Trump tried to run before from a Maureen Dowd article about 2 years ago. she was saying stuff like Trump has always wanted to be president, had pictures of him on a plane when he was either running in the primary or trying to get in. i think. did they not let him in that time?

also, if the guy ripped Murdoch, can we say he's on the other team? so he went in with a good idea how he was gonna write? i guess that doesn't matter. he probably was like, 'wow, that place is FUBAR, i got to get in there because it's probably a hell of a story'. to his credit.

i guess im guilty of basing my opinion on the title of one article. heh
                      If you read interviews on Wolff now, it seems clear he’s not a Trump fan. Which makes the access they gave him more perplexing.

Comment

• that's Trumps thing. the ghost writer that wrote Art of the Deal said it was the only way to get started was to have him listen in on Trumps phone calls. instead of interviewing he just likes to be watched. that still doesn't justify the lack of vetting, from someone that's in charge of the country's secrets. how far his ego can get in the way.

Comment

• anyways what i really did was follow that GQ link someone posted to this one https://twitter.com/sarahkendzior/st...11740937478144
                          He (Wolff) has a long history of fabricating quotes and exaggerating events to make his stories more fun to read. I've been reading him since he was NY Mag's media critic. He's an entertaining writer, occasionally insightful, but not who I'd trust on something this complicated.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                            Trumps measured careful response to book "''Michael Wolff is a total loser who made up stories in order to sell this really boring and untruthful book. He used Sloppy Steve Bannon, who cried when he got fired and begged for his job. Now Sloppy Steve has been dumped like a dog by almost everyone. Too bad!''

To 100% of the world leaders, how could this response, Trumps best attempt at countering the books claims, do anything but shine a light again on how simple and childish this man is at his best. Response from M Hamill, some actor but I appreciated it, ''Congratulations, sir! This dignified, statesman-like tweet is the perfect way to counter the book's narrative that you're an impulsive, childish dimwit.''
                            Luke Skywalker, some actor? 5 minutes in the penalty box.

Comment

• So I see Walmart is raising its minimum wage for employees and some are getting bonuses of up to $1000. Apparently in response to the new tax legislation.

I dont know if it is all true or not, but if so - getting people more seems to be a good step.
                              It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                              Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                                So I see Walmart is raising its minimum wage for employees and some are getting bonuses of up to $1000. Apparently in response to the new tax legislation.

I dont know if it is all true or not, but if so - getting people more seems to be a good step.
                                Yeah, as I mentioned in here before, these are nice gestures by these companies who now have a huge windfall on their hands. But let's not lose sight of the fact this corporate tax cut -- and repatriation of foreign monies at a lower rate -- will lead to more share buybacks and corporate acquisitions then they will to more jobs. As a stock market investor, I'm happy about that, but I do believe this administration was not being very forthcoming with the American people there.

Comment

Working...
                                X