This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
    What Trump has been doing and continues to do is unconscionable and deems to be investigated and potentially impeached.

If we step back on this and had HRC been elected, you could be guaranteed she would still be under investigation. The Republicans would still be blocking any legislation she would have offered.

One think Trump is right about, the swamp needs to be drained, but it needs someone who has some knowledge of the swamp in order to drain it within the confines of the law, and not making our nation look the fool.

I think we should be planning for the introduction of President Pence some time in October-November.
    Not that Pence would be any better policy wise.

I'm all for taking the whole Admin apart and starting over because you know this--If/When Trump goes down, he's taking as many with him as possible.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
      I dont think any political credibility should allow it to be pulled off either - just for the record.

That said, I am not naive enough to believe that there have not been plenty of back room deals made to bury many potential investigations. Of course I also wear

Im likely tainted by my distrust of our government.

Also, the fact is that I did not vote Trump. I did not elect him - so please do not put that on me - it is false to say X voted for Y, T got elected. Therefore X's vote got T elected.

I could have stayed home and not voted but that non-vote is worse than actually voting for a platform that I agree with.
      Hey, don't sell yourself short. A lot of people helped elect Trump who didn't actually vote for him.

All this misdirection about 'government is bad' and 'Obama was terrible' won't hide the fact that we now are dealing with a singular turd in our national punchbowl. He's running out of Republicans who will put up even a token defense for his shenanigans.

And if there are still any Pence fans out there, don't get your hopes up. The Flynn scandal could take him down, too. He's either a liar for saying he didn't know about it, or the stupidest guy in Washington, since Flynn's illicit dealings were all but tattooed on the Veep's forehead prior to the WH making him their guy.
      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
        Hey, don't sell yourself short. A lot of people helped elect Trump who didn't actually vote for him.

All this misdirection about 'government is bad' and 'Obama was terrible' won't hide the fact that we now are dealing with a singular turd in our national punchbowl. He's running out of Republicans who will put up even a token defense for his shenanigans.

And if there are still any Pence fans out there, don't get your hopes up. The Flynn scandal could take him down, too. He's either a liar for saying he didn't know about it, or the stupidest guy in Washington, since Flynn's illicit dealings were all but tattooed on the Veep's forehead prior to the WH making him their guy.
        Presidential Succession List Current Order

1 Vice President Mike Pence (R)
        2 Speaker of the House of Representatives Paul Ryan (R)
        3 President pro tempore of the Senate Orrin Hatch (R)
        4 Secretary of State Rex Tillerson (R)

Pick your poison...
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Has any sitting President ever been ousted, one way or another, within their first year in office?

There's a very good chance of this happening.

Trump supporters/Voters must be so proud.

Stand up and take a bow!
          James Garfield was ousted by the raving lunatic Charles Guiteau in 1881. But he was well more liked by the country than Trump will ever be. William Henry Harrison was ousted by his own stupidity in 1841.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Here's the thing, all you guys who say you don't support Trump. You're anti-anti-Trump. You know you can't support this guy, so you troll or attack progressives, Dems or liberals. When are you going to stop saying 'what about Obama?' When will we no longer hear 'but her emails!' Smell the coffee guys. You elected him. Own him.
            Who? What?
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Exactly.

Here's the thing, all you guys who say you don't support Trump. You're anti-anti-Trump. You know you can't support this guy, so you troll or attack progressives, Dems or liberals. When are you going to stop saying 'what about Obama?' When will we no longer hear 'but her emails!' Smell the coffee guys. You elected him. Own him.
              There is plenty of blame to go around. You progressives who brought forth the worst candidate (right next to Trump) are the reason Trump was elected.

As you stated, "You elected him. Own him."
              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                There is plenty of blame to go around. You progressives who brought forth the worst candidate (right next to Trump) are the reason Trump was elected.
                WRONG !!! Only those who promoted and supported Hillary are blameless, everyone else is responsible !!!
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                ---------------------------------------------
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  WRONG !!! Only those who promoted and supported Hillary are blameless, everyone else is responsible !!!
                  So according to Feral and ITC, everyone is to blame for Trump.

I take no responsibility. I voted against him every chance I got.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    I didn't see the smiley face :-), so I'm left to assume. You believe this!

In that regard, let me see if I have this right. If you did not vote at all or you supported and voted for anyone other than Hillary, then you are responsible for him. But, if you're in the "I'm with her" crowd you get a get out of jail free card because you are yet again on the moral high ground. No wonder we have this idiot in office.
                    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                      James Garfield was ousted by the raving lunatic Charles Guiteau in 1881. But he was well more liked by the country than Trump will ever be. William Henry Harrison was ousted by his own stupidity in 1841.
                      You're repeating my comments! Probably because I know words, I really have the best words.

Comment

• Originally posted by President Donald J. Chump View Post
                        You're repeating my comments! Probably because I know words, I really have the best words.
                        Did you mention the cat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                          I didn't see the smiley face :-), so I'm left to assume. You believe this!

In that regard, let me see if I have this right. If you did not vote at all or you supported and voted for anyone other than Hillary, then you are responsible for him. But, if you're in the "I'm with her" crowd you get a get out of jail free card because you are yet again on the moral high ground. No wonder we have this idiot in office.
                          Being on the moral high ground is a primary tenet of the progressive. Until its no longer the moral highground, then you find a new moral high ground...... see Bill Clinton's statement in my signature.
                          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                            Who? What?
                            Redbirds Fan has a bad habit of starting a post by replying to a specific comment by a specific poster, and then ending it with unfocused raging against whatever anonymous group of Fox News conservative stereotypes he's angry with at the moment. He's confused me on more than one occasion by doing this.

As for Trump, now things are getting dangerously close to actionable. Obstruction confirmed by the Comey memo or Comey's testimony would hand the Republican establishment the viable rationale they need to safely dump him and restore order on their side of the swamp.
                            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                              Redbirds Fan has a bad habit of starting a post by replying to a specific comment by a specific poster, and then ending it with unfocused raging against whatever anonymous group of Fox News conservative stereotypes he's angry with at the moment. He's confused me on more than one occasion by doing this.

As for Trump, now things are getting dangerously close to actionable. Obstruction confirmed by the Comey memo or Comey's testimony would hand the Republican establishment the viable rationale they need to safely dump him and restore order on their side of the swamp.
                              What would happen to the Republican party if they dump him and a huge percentage of their base still want Trump?

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post

I'm not sure whether you want me to leave out the specific comment reply, or add focus to my raging.

I try to get value for my posting dollar.
                                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Working...
                                X