This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    Is there anyone in this thread that voted for Trump and does not regret it? Please speak up.
    Me. Easy.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Me. Easy.
      Care to expound?
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Care to expound?
        Neil Gorsuch. With Thomas Hardiman and William Pryor to follow.

Most all else, as you've noted, can be changed, cancelled, or modified.

Comment

• Meh, he was handed a list of ten names during the campaign to publish threw out the one he was told when the time was right. The we can undo the rest is not much of an argument in support of a vote.

Comment

You get the one, there won't be another opening unless someone dies again.

But I guess that's enough for some.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Trump's actions before the election were far outside accepted norms. Given that many people still voted for him, I'm curious what he's done that would make Trump voters now regret their decision ? To butcher Dennis Green, "He is who we thought he was !". In my opinion most of what he has done that will actually hurt most of his voters isn't really talked about that much, the focus is on Comey, Russia, revealing classified info, Russia, Comey, Golf, Mar-a-lago, Russia.....stuff that most of his voters don't really care about or would take his side on.
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                Trump's actions before the election were far outside accepted norms. Given that many people still voted for him, I'm curious what he's done that would make Trump voters now regret their decision ? To butcher Dennis Green, "He is who we thought he was !". In my opinion most of what he has done that will actually hurt most of his voters isn't really talked about that much, the focus is on Comey, Russia, revealing classified info, Russia, Comey, Golf, Mar-a-lago, Russia.....stuff that most of his voters don't really care about or would take his side on.
                When they realize almost every ED he's signed only allows the corporations and wealthy to steal even more money and widen the income gap even more, then they might have issue--But honestly, a lot of these people just like him because he's a big F U to the left and he'll ALWAYS be that.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

When they realize almost every ED he's signed only allows the corporations and wealthy to steal even more money and widen the income gap even more, then they might have issue--But honestly, a lot of these people just like him because he's a big F U to the left and he'll ALWAYS be that.
                  I have no doubt that he won't make things better for 99% of Americans, and will actually make things much worse, but that won't be realized for some time. In the meantime the discussion and focus is all about a bunch of meaningless crap. I just don't see how any of that will have changed a Trump voters mind. In the end they will probably realize that he didn't really help them, but it's pretty early for them to conclude that in my opinion.

EDIT: To put it simply, I don't think many Trump voters are shocked or horrified by what they have seen so far. I could be wrong though, I don't frequent a lot of websites where I'd see their opinions.
                  Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 05-19-2017, 01:47 PM.
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• He is a bull in a china shop - and he is effectively running over anything in his path. His choice for Supreme Court was really just fine in my mind. It will be interesting to see how much push back he gets if he puts forward Joe Lieberman as FBI head. The Dems may fight that one, because Joe left the party.
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Actuarial science favors two more, unless Kennedy retires early.

Comment

If they are Left leaning Justices, there's not a chance they'll leave unless they die or are forced to by their health. None of the sitting liberals will allow trump or the GOP to appoint another SCJ if they can at all help it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Lot of inside chatter that Kennedy will retire this summer. Moved his every 5 year get together for former aides up a year. I guess we will see, but I would bet he's done.

Comment

agreed. Although, if the dems are able to somehow get to 51 in the senate in 2018, which seems unlikely, might just get 1 more as Kennedy's replacement this year or next.
                            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              I have no doubt that he won't make things better for 99% of Americans, and will actually make things much worse, but that won't be realized for some time. In the meantime the discussion and focus is all about a bunch of meaningless crap. I just don't see how any of that will have changed a Trump voters mind. In the end they will probably realize that he didn't really help them, but it's pretty early for them to conclude that in my opinion.

EDIT: To put it simply, I don't think many Trump voters are shocked or horrified by what they have seen so far. I could be wrong though, I don't frequent a lot of websites where I'd see their opinions.
                              He's got a solid 30-35% of the population that simply will never change their minds, never admit that he's done anything wrong, even as the evidence piles up that he's either amazingly negligent, or criminal in his intents. Every day there's more and more that points to Trump never finishing his term, IMO. Today, there's a report that a key WH advisor is a significant person of interest, showing that the various probes are now reaching directly into the White House. It's probably no longer going to be people on the edges, it's now going deeper, much deeper that anyone should expect given the few months that Trump has been in office.

But again, to quote former Louisiana Governor Edwin Edwards: "The only way I can lose this election is if I’m caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy." So Trump will always have his base...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                He's got a solid 30-35% of the population that simply will never change their minds, never admit that he's done anything wrong, even as the evidence piles up that he's either amazingly negligent, or criminal in his intents. Every day there's more and more that points to Trump never finishing his term, IMO.
                                Yeah, there are a lot of Trump voters who will always defend him, just like there are a lot of Dems who would never criticize Obama or Clinton. I am beginning to by into the theory that he won't make it four years. I'm thinking he will do something really stupid (I mean worse than he has already done) because he thinks he is President and can do whatever he wants. He is used to getting what he wants, and his pride and hubris will bring him down. At least I hope
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X