Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see that it wasn't personal at all...

WASHINGTON — By the end, neither of them thought much of the other.

After President Trump accused his predecessor in March of wiretapping him, James B. Comey, the F.B.I. director, was flabbergasted. The president, Mr. Comey told associates, was “outside the realm of normal,” even “crazy.”

For his part, Mr. Trump fumed when Mr. Comey publicly dismissed the sensational wiretapping claim. In the weeks that followed, he grew angrier and began talking about firing Mr. Comey. After stewing last weekend while watching Sunday talk shows at his New Jersey golf resort, Mr. Trump decided it was time. There was “something wrong with” Mr. Comey, he told aides.

The collision between president and F.B.I. director that culminated with Mr. Comey’s stunning dismissal on Tuesday had been a long time coming. To a president obsessed with loyalty, Mr. Comey was a rogue operator who could not be trusted as the F.B.I. investigated Russian ties to Mr. Trump’s campaign. To a lawman obsessed with independence, Mr. Trump was the ultimate loose cannon, making irresponsible claims on Twitter and jeopardizing the bureau’s credibility.
    President Trump returned from a weekend away determined to act after months of growing frustration with the F.B.I. director, according to people close to the president.

When the sitting director of the FBI says the sitting President of the United States is "crazy", it's swirling the drain pretty badly.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I also invented the phrase "I'm With Stupid!"

"Did you know President Trump invented the phrase "priming the pump?" He did so in the last few days, actually, according to himself:

[The Economist]: ... It's okay if the tax plan increases the deficit?
      [President Trump]: It is okay, because it won't increase it for long. You may have two years where you'll … you understand the expression "prime the pump"?

Yes.
      We have to prime the pump.

It's very Keynesian.
      We're the highest-taxed nation in the world. Have you heard that expression before, for this particular type of an event?

Priming the pump?
      Yeah, have you heard it?

Yes.
      Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven't heard it. I mean, I just … I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good. It's what you have to do.

It's…
      Yeah, what you have to do is you have to put something in before you can get something out.

Comment

• Originally posted by President Donald J. Chump View Post
        I also invented the phrase "I'm With Stupid!"

"Did you know President Trump invented the phrase "priming the pump?" He did so in the last few days, actually, according to himself:

[The Economist]: ... It's okay if the tax plan increases the deficit?
        [President Trump]: It is okay, because it won't increase it for long. You may have two years where you'll … you understand the expression "prime the pump"?

Yes.
        We have to prime the pump.

It's very Keynesian.
        We're the highest-taxed nation in the world. Have you heard that expression before, for this particular type of an event?

Priming the pump?
        Yeah, have you heard it?

Yes.
        Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven't heard it. I mean, I just … I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good. It's what you have to do.

It's…
        Yeah, what you have to do is you have to put something in before you can get something out.
        http://theweek.com/speedreads/698251...e-priming-pump
        C'mon man, he invented words! So of course he invented a simple phrase...duh!

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• The firing of Comey is proof at just how both parties flip-flop. Amazing that within the last six months we have gone from the Democrats screaming the Comey was the reason for a lost election, and he acted inappropriately. Fast forward to today and Republicans are saying he's unfit. The two parties are a fraud serving only themselves.

Now, don't think for a minute, I don't think Trump and his team are dirty in the Russia deal.

It would seem we are watching Washington burn and everyone seems to be thinking it's everyone else's fault and no one wants to grab a bucket of water to try and put out the fire.
          "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
          - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
          - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            C'mon man, he invented words! So of course he invented a simple phrase...duh!
            I also invented:

"Ace in the Hole"
            "It is What it Is"
            Ice Cream
            Saunas
            The internet

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
              The firing of Comey is proof at just how both parties flip-flop. Amazing that within the last six months we have gone from the Democrats screaming the Comey was the reason for a lost election, and he acted inappropriately. Fast forward to today and Republicans are saying he's unfit. The two parties are a fraud serving only themselves.

Now, don't think for a minute, I don't think Trump and his team are dirty in the Russia deal.

It would seem we are watching Washington burn and everyone seems to be thinking it's everyone else's fault and no one wants to grab a bucket of water to try and put out the fire.
              It is absolutely true that Democrats who wanted Comey's head for screwing up on the Clinton investigation are now slamming the President for firing Comey supposedly for the same thing. But nobody with a lick of sense believes Trump fired Comey because of the Hillary investigation. And therein lies the problem.

A President cannot go around firing everyone who dares to investigate him. This may be Trump's third strike, with Preet Bharara, Yates and now Comey. Firing Archie Cox cost Nixon the little public support he had left (and cost that bastard Bork his shot at the Supreme Court).

Now we'll see how Rod Rosenstein fares, since the White House is leaving him holding the bag.

Ooh, I got one - 'bear market'
              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• These idiots can't even coordinate their lies.

My god, how difficult must it be to work for this clown.

You absolutely know, there's a room where his subordinates sit and just shake their head while he talks or when the read his tweets.

I'd be like--45 just STFU!
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I do wonder if he just thinks, "If I keep firing people the ratings will be huge. It worked on The Apprentice."
                  "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                  - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                  - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• With my government in shambles and my approval rating hitting all-time lows, what better way to get back to business than to go after pesky voter fraud!

"President Donald Trump will appoint Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach to a new commission that will investigate voter fraud and other election issues, according to White House officials.

Trump is expected to sign an executive order on Thursday creating the Presidential Commission on Election Integrity. Vice President Mike Pence will serve as chair and Kobach will serve as vice chair.

“The commission will review policies and practices that enhance or undermine the American people’s confidence in the integrity of federal elections — including improper registrations, improper voting, fraudulent registrations, fraudulent voting and voting suppression,” one White House official told McClatchy."

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/polit...#storylink=cpy

Comment

With my government in shambles and my approval rating hitting all-time lows, what better way to get back to business than to go after pesky voter fraud!

"President Donald Trump will appoint Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach to a new commission that will investigate voter fraud and other election issues, according to White House officials.

Trump is expected to sign an executive order on Thursday creating the Presidential Commission on Election Integrity. Vice President Mike Pence will serve as chair and Kobach will serve as vice chair.

“The commission will review policies and practices that enhance or undermine the American people’s confidence in the integrity of federal elections — including improper registrations, improper voting, fraudulent registrations, fraudulent voting and voting suppression,” one White House official told McClatchy."

If only that investigation were truly honest, they'd find that almost all of the impediments to voters were, and are, put in place by Republicans. But it'll be a sham, a show that'll be smoke and mirrors, if it produces anything at all. Most likely it'll just fade away into the background, another attempt to obfuscate the real scandals that have taken place already.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• This guy is like Barry Bonds in his 73 homer year. Every time you think there is just no way he can keep the pace of insanity, he just ups his production. I think we need to required AEE testing for the White House. There is just no way he can keep making history at such a pace without artificial absurdity enhancers. In fact, I am increasing coming to believe that his entire presidency is the horrible side effect of a Douglas Adams' infinite improbability drive usage.

Comment

• I'll fire him again if he does! He'll never be the next Celebrity Apprentice! Sad!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">James Comey better hope that there are no &quot;tapes&quot; of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/863007411132649473">May 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
                          <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

I'll fire him again if he does! He'll never be the next Celebrity Apprentice! Sad!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">James Comey better hope that there are no &quot;tapes&quot; of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/863007411132649473">May 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
                            <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                            I love when he uses quotation marks. Too bad the blog of unnecessary quotes doesn't update anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              This guy is like Barry Bonds in his 73 homer year. Every time you think there is just no way he can keep the pace of insanity, he just ups his production. I think we need to required AEE testing for the White House. There is just no way he can keep making history at such a pace without artificial absurdity enhancers. In fact, I am increasing coming to believe that his entire presidency is the horrible side effect of a Douglas Adams' infinite improbability drive usage.
                              I'll get my towel.

Comment

With my government in shambles and my approval rating hitting all-time lows, what better way to get back to business than to go after pesky voter fraud!

BTW, Kris Kobach has been sued by the ACLU for voter suppression 4 times, the ACLU has won all 4 cases.

So maybe he's the right guy for the job, he certainly knows what voter suppression looks like.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X