Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an unconfirmed report that the White House claimed executive privilege and tried to keep former acting AG Sally Yates from testifying.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
      I have an unconfirmed report that the White House claimed executive privilege and tried to keep former acting AG Sally Yates from testifying.
      still unfolding
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.3bb03853710e

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
        I have an unconfirmed report that the White House claimed executive privilege and tried to keep former acting AG Sally Yates from testifying.
        Yeah, the Gang that Couldn't shoot Straight is trying to pull off a coverup...I guess it might have been in their best interests NOT to have fired Yates. And they'll have to remember that these investigations can last for years, so I doubt that they'll ever be out of the woods. To pull a Ham Handed stunt like trying to order a former AG of the United States not to testify is pretty much one of the stupidest things that I can recall anyone doing in years.

Like Deepthroat allegedly said in the Watergate investigation, "Follow the money"...that's all, just follow the money.

Watergate.jpg
        Last edited by Hornsby; 03-28-2017, 06:26 PM.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Hmmm. That was a curious thing for a Russian puppet to do.
          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
            Hmmm. That was a curious thing for a Russian puppet to do.
            Russian puppet created diversion to distract us from Russian puppet investigation.
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

It's also a curious thing to do when you criticized other presidents for foolish interventions in the Middle East.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

"No puppet! No puppet! You're the puppet! You're the puppet!"
                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  It's also a curious thing to do when you criticized other presidents for foolish interventions in the Middle East.
                  Not all that curious if you're aware that he's an ill-informed sh!t-talking hypocrite.

Definitely curious if you're convinced he's a Russian puppet.
                  "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                  "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                  "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Well, he told the Russians he was going to do it ahead of time

Today: JUST IN: Syrian warplanes take off from air base hit by U.S., carry out strikes in Homs countryside - Syrian observatory for human rights

Great surgical strike!

Comment

Not all that curious if you're aware that he's an ill-informed sh!t-talking hypocrite.

Definitely curious if you're convinced he's a Russian puppet.
                      This whole episode has exposed a bunch of hypocrites and tribalists on both sides. Surprisingly very few have a consistent position regarding Syria over the last few years. WWHD ?
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        Well, he told the Russians he was going to do it ahead of time

Today: JUST IN: Syrian warplanes take off from air base hit by U.S., carry out strikes in Homs countryside - Syrian observatory for human rights

Great surgical strike!
                        So are you saying he should not have told the Russians ?
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            So are you saying he should not have told the Russians ?
                            Well, someone told the Syrians who then moved all the planes so none of them were affected and were in flight today bombing Homs.

Comment

• U didn't answer the question
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep
                                if (russians_notified_beforehand = true)
                                {
                                narrative = "trump is a russian puppet";
                                }
                                else
                                {
                                narrative = "trump is a dangerous loose cannon";
                                }
                                "I don't want to broadcast to the enemy exactly what my plan is" -- Donald J. Trump September 7, 2016

Since he told them it was coming....

Comment

Working...
                                X