No announcement yet.

Supreme Court of the United States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that Kavanaugh is seated on the Court, 538 published a story on how he will change the balance. The conclusion is not much. Kennedy was seen as the swing Justice but he was actually very conservative. The moderate reputation comes from a handful of high profile cases where he sided with the liberals, notably on gay and lesbian rights. On close cases, he voted conservative over 70% of the time.
    Since July, when President Trump announced his most recent nomination to the Supreme Court, FiveThirtyEight has been analyzing the effects of a potential Justic…

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      No racism there, nope.
      It is not racist if you are the same talking about one of your own.

Comment

Fits your racist perspective perfectly. Carry on.
        You lost me on this.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Mith quote:
          Whole nuther world indeed if they think a fucking moron like Palin is ok for representing them. Makes me think the alcohol and lack of sunlight might be affecting their brains
          For the sake of discussion, we'll leave the Caucasian population of Alaska out of this. Given that a significant part of the Native Alaskan population voted for Palin for governor in 2006, and did so again when she ran with John McCain as VP, making the claim that alcohol is affecting their brains by a white individual is well...

I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Mith quote:

For the sake of discussion, we'll leave the Caucasian population of Alaska out of this. Given that a significant part of the Native Alaskan population voted for Palin for governor in 2006, and did so again when she ran with John McCain as VP, making the claim that alcohol is affecting their brains by a white individual is well...

But that's just silly as mith undoubtedly was referring to white Alaskans as well.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              But that's just silly as mith undoubtedly was referring to white Alaskans as well.
              I was confused by the whole racism claim as well. I took "lack of sunlight and alcoholism" as referring to the geography, and rural isolation of the state. Didn't think Alaska was known as having an Indigenous majority population, but it's not surprising anymore from such right wing trolls.

I just find it hilarious how the right wingers here love to call the lefties racist at the drop of a hat, while supporting the most openly racist administration in the US in the last 50 years, if not longer. I've both been called 'racist', and accused of 'calling people racist' many many times on here. It's pretty obvious projection.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                So you’re saying it’s ok for a liberal to accuse Native Americans who vote GOP of being drunks who’ve gone stupid and that’s not racist. Just as long as you accuse the Caucasians too. Got it.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

So you’re saying it’s ok for a liberal to accuse Native Americans who vote GOP of being drunks who’ve gone stupid and that’s not racist. Just as long as you accuse the Caucasians too. Got it.
                  So one can't criticize the citizens of Alaska for their voting behaviors without being racist because there is a large native American population there? Honestly, this makes no sense.

This is akin to being labeled racist for criticizing Mississippi voters because there is a large African American population there.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• An old stereotype is that Native Americans cannot hold their liquor. To label Native Americans as drunks would be considered racist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      An old stereotype is that Native Americans cannot hold their liquor. To label Native Americans as drunks would be considered racist.
                      I thought chancellor already said that.

It's OK though. Unintended associations are only racist if you are Republican.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

So, I know I’m late to this party, but I wish you all a belated but very happy Indigenous Peoples’ Day.
                        Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 10-09-2018, 04:56 AM.
                        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

An old stereotype is that Native Americans cannot hold their liquor. To label Native Americans as drunks would be considered racist.
                          I'm so glad the racism Police showed up to chase another member off the site.

You guys are assholes. I know Mith can also be an asshole at times, but these disingenuous racism claims are pathetic.

Gregg, for someone always accusing me of "calling people racist", you sure love to do it yourself. Hope you're happy. Chancellor too, you guys are the cream of the crop.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                            I'm so glad the racism Police showed up to chase another member off the site.

You guys are assholes. I know Mith can also be an asshole at times, but these disingenuous racism claims are pathetic.

Gregg, for someone always accusing me of "calling people racist", you sure love to do it yourself. Hope you're happy. Chancellor too, you guys are the cream of the crop.
                            Once again, I did not call you racist. It was evident to me that you and some others were not understanding the connection. I was trying to bring clarity.

As I was told by you, and your supporters when I tried to plead for more civility, the hot topic section is for the hard stuff. Why even Chance said he did not have a problem with you and your passion/temper. So I guess you think this is the hard stuff?

I will not call you names, I do find that you type as if you fly off the handle if someone does not agree with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                              You guys are assholes.
                              Classy

Comment

Once again, I did not call you racist. It was evident to me that you and some others were not understanding the connection. I was trying to bring clarity.

As I was told by you, and your supporters when I tried to plead for more civility, the hot topic section is for the hard stuff. Why even Chance said he did not have a problem with you and your passion/temper. So I guess you think this is the hard stuff?

I will not call you names, I do find that you type as if you fly off the handle if someone does not agree with you.
                                I never said you called me a racist, I said you've accused me of labelling others racist, and that's something only the right wingers here engage in. 20% of blacks in Florida being taken off the voting rolls this cycle, but Chance is silent on that, ready to call out any racist who would speak ill of ALASKANS! Its idiotic. He said "for the sake of discussion, we'll leave the caucasian population of Alaska out of this..." For the sake of discussion, let's make an assumption that you didn't say, and use it to label you a racist! Y'know... for the sake of discussion!

You labeled mith a racist by misquoting him. He said nothing about Natives or Indigenous people, or anything of the sort, it was all the right wingers made an assumption, and ran with it. I'd say that's pretty... asshole-ish?

Perhaps I just throw asshole around too easily. I would admit I can be an asshole at times, and even called mith an occasional asshole in my post... so maybe I should withhold that word, as it holds greater meaning for others than myself. Much like the phrase 'fuck the police'. Sorry for upsetting folks.

Do you stand by your post calling mith a racist, if you see he never mentioned Natives?

Comment

Working...
                                X