No announcement yet.

Supreme Court of the United States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not satisfied with just getting Kavanaugh through, McConnell is getting even more lower court judges confirmed.

Excellent.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Not satisfied with just getting Kavanaugh through, McConnell is getting even more lower court judges confirmed.

Excellent.
      Did you steeple your fingers after typing that? Cuz I've got a Mr. Burns image in my head....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Did you steeple your fingers after typing that? Cuz I've got a Mr. Burns image in my head....
        No, I was busy sending Darth Maul to Maine to help Senator Collins out.

Comment

• We’ve been hearing how Senator Collins will be treated for her bite so I’m sure this won’t surprise many but I’ll post it because it’s topical.

I was texting with a friend who lives in a small village along the coast of the Berring Sea in Alaska. He’s white and his wife is 50% native. She was born in a small village north of the Artic Circle and, unfortunately, was a victim of repeated sexully assaults, as a young girl/women (apparently this happens in Alaska’s remote towns at a much higher rate than anywhere else and most often goes unreported). They are fairly well connected in the state and she is a respected leader in some of the statewide native/tribal councils. In talking with thier friends over the last couple of weeks, the majority of individuals seem to be very angry about how they think Kavanuagh was treated. They are pretty pissed at Senator Murkowski and think she will pay a heavy price in 2022 for her vote. He said that she’ll likely have to run as an independent again. While she is not thought of well in the lower 48, it sounds like they may want Sarah Palin to oppose her, if she runs as a GOPer, next go around.
          I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Palin had something like a 72 pct approval rate as Governor there at one point, but I struggle to imagine a Senate run ending well for her.

then again, Murkowski was elected the last time as a write-in candidate, beating the R and the D, so who knows? it really is a whole nuther world up there.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              Palin had something like a 72 pct approval rate as Governor there at one point, but I struggle to imagine a Senate run ending well for her.

then again, Murkowski was elected the last time as a write-in candidate, beating the R and the D, so who knows? it really is a whole nuther world up there.
              Whole nuther world indeed if they think a fucking moron like Palin is ok for representing them. Makes me think the alcohol and lack of sunlight might be affecting their brains
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                Whole nuther world indeed if they think a fucking moron like Palin is ok for representing them. Makes me think the alcohol and lack of sunlight might be affecting their brains
                No racism there, nope.

Comment

C’mon, be better than this.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    No racism there, nope.
                    If Trump said this you wouldn't bat an eye.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                      C’mon, be better than this.
                      I was just talking like our POTUS. His supporters seem to think that its ok when he is rude and obnoxious. Im just trying to fit in with this new 'Murica where the POTUS talks shit and makes fun of people.

Comment

I was just talking like our POTUS. His supporters seem to think that its ok when he is rude and obnoxious. Im just trying to fit in with this new 'Murica where the POTUS talks shit and makes fun of people.
                        Didn't quite hit it.

You have something with the fun so try working that in. Otherwise, it comes out tired and hostile.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Ha, I actually was going to post you sound like Trump except with a filthier mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                            Didn't quite hit it.

You have something with the fun so try working that in. Otherwise, it comes out tired and hostile.

J
                            Like Trump.

Comment

Like Trump.
                              Just the opposite. Maybe it's the timing. Yours isn't working and he packs football stadiums.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Fits your racist perspective perfectly. Carry on.

Comment

Working...
                                X