Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready to get the league rolling? Labor peace!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baseballjones View Post
    Split the difference next year. No keepers in the first 3 rounds. Rounds 4 to 18 can be kept at round minus 3. Undrafted players are kept at round 15.
    I can live with this. It's certainly a clearer version, with little room for mis-interpretation.
    Last edited by Hornsby; 12-03-2011, 09:30 PM.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
      It makes no sense to do it that way or have it cost more to keep a free agent pickup (give-up a 12th round pick to keep) than to keep a 17th or 18th round pick.
      I like that there are at least a couple rounds that come after UDFA.

Originally posted by Baseballjones View Post
      Split the difference next year. No keepers in the first 3 rounds. Rounds 4 to 18 can be kept at round minus 3. Undrafted players are kept at round 15.
      Too stiff in the early rounds. Also, round 15 is too late.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

The format BBJ suggests makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

Too stiff in the early rounds. Also, round 15 is too late.

J
          We draft 18, 18 less 3 is 15. Seems to make sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
            We draft 18, 18 less 3 is 15. Seems to make sense to me.
            Give those that draft a good flier in the last couple of rounds a small bonus. All it says is that UDFA are assumed to be drafted in round 16, not in round 18, or round 15 at minus 3.

I also think 3 rounds is too many in the early part of the draft, and not enough late. As it is, I think only Kevin Love is a keeper from rounds 4-6. If you subtract three, even he is not usable. Late in the draft just the opposite.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              Give those that draft a good flier in the last couple of rounds a small bonus. All it says is that UDFA are assumed to be drafted in round 16, not in round 18, or round 15 at minus 3.

I also think 3 rounds is too many in the early part of the draft, and not enough late. As it is, I think only Kevin Love is a keeper from rounds 4-6. If you subtract three, even he is not usable. Late in the draft just the opposite.

J
              Kevin Love is a 1st rd pick from most every "list" I had read. As such, 4 minus 1 = 3 and if you really wanted him, he is a viable keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                Kevin Love is a 1st rd pick from most every "list" I had read. As such, 4 minus 1 = 3 and if you really wanted him, he is a viable keeper.
                Correct, but he is the only one I see. You get one iffy keeper out of 60 picks. Even a minus two rounds, he is the only good keeper.

That being said, it will change as keepers are kept multiple years.

That's next year. Can we get a draft order and start picking?

J
                Last edited by onejayhawk; 12-04-2011, 07:02 PM.
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I have some questions:

1- Do we have an idea as to who will replace Jason in our league?

2- Is there a deadline for declaring keepers, or do we have up until the round that a player would fill to say something?

3- When will we start drafting? We have something like 20 days before the season begins.

Comment

Originally posted by Moccasin View Post
                    I have some questions:

1- Do we have an idea as to who will replace Jason in our league?

2- Is there a deadline for declaring keepers, or do we have up until the round that a player would fill to say something?

3- When will we start drafting? We have something like 20 days before the season begins.
                    1- I think we go with the teams we've got unless a newbie has already expressed interest in joining. We can't wait much longer and expect to complete a slow draft by the time the season starts.

2- Declare keepers before you make your first round choice.

3- Start now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moccasin View Post
                      Keepers need to be declared before we start drafting. Otherwise someone might try to draft a player who is being kept.

Comment

• I propose we set a keeper deadline of Tuesday night, and start drafting on Wednesday morning.

Comment

• Have we decided how many years we can keep our keepers? And at what cost?
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Have we decided how many years we can keep our keepers? And at what cost?
                            The way it is set up time limits are not needed. Each year the draft position changes, and the keeper cost change with it.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Okay a couple of things:

1)Never heard back from Funkley. So we will go with 11. I think us 11 have been in this league the most anyway.
                              2)Keepers get them posted by Wednesday 8:59 AM ET. We will use the keeper system posted previously. We have no time to make any changes. We can do that during the draft for next year. And by the way I love BBJ's suggestion. No keepers posted then you kept 0.
                              3)Draft will start Wed. morning 9AM ET.
                              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Lets get the draft order set! Woot!

Comment

Working...
                                X