No announcement yet.

Pay to Play Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gris- Lynch gives you a guy who should get almost all of the carries and Sproles should be very solid in our PPR format. The Stewart ankle injury gives Dwill a chance to see a lot of touches early. Once Stewart is healthy they both probably get between 10-15 carries a game and kill each others value. Royster is coached by Shanny. Ronnie Brown is not even going to get all the carries with Mathews out so I don't love him. Brady at QB, awesome. No backup yet, will be interested to see who Gris grabs. Rashaad Jennings showed some talent this preseason, but MJD is back. If MJD does not get hurt Jennings won't often crack Gris's lineup, but I think he is a UFA after this year so a keeper possibility here. Steve Smith looks to be in line for another good season. Torrey Smith has a ton of talent and his deep threat ability fits with Flacos arm. Reggie Wayne seems like a great WR3 to me. Luck looks good and Reggie will be his #1 option. Washington is a nice WR4. Tampa Mike seems like a good risk for where Gris took him. He was going in the early rounds last year and things just didn't work in year 2, but there is a chance he gets it back together. Another team with no TE. So by my count needs a kicker, def, and a TE. So Brady will be his only QB to start the year. Overall Brady and the starting RB's are nice. The Smith's and Wayne can be a solid WR group.

Comment

• He Hate Me - Ed has some very good top end talent. Ray Rice is a stud. Julio Jones could be huge this year and I love Percy Harvin. Garcon at WR 3 is very good and DHB has some nice upside at WR4. Randy Moss at WR5, why not? Probably will never crack his lineup, but you never know. Bradshaw is a solid RB2 and even if Wilson gets some of the carries Bradshaw should be good. Donald Brown may be one of the bigger keys to this teams success. Brown as a flex play looks solid. If he can establish himself in the Indy backfield he will be a nice player. Hillman could earn a role by the end of the season, but I would not expect too much in the first half. Felix Jones, oh how you have burned me over the years. I just don't like you anymore. Gates is a top 4 TE and with Rivers lacking options he could be in for a huge year. Cam has a much potential as anyone and his rushing TD's should give him a solid floor. No backup yet for Ed either. I don't like Ed's team as much as Pete's, but they are pretty good.

Comment

• Hornsby- Graham and Calvin are the best players at their position (ok you can argue Gronk is, but I like Graham) and quite a base to build around. Nicks and Brown as a WR2 and WR3 is very nice. The question for Steve's team is RB. In a PPR league Reggie Bush is solid, but I am not sure about having him as an RB1. Hillis is in a time share for sure with Chalres and I expect him to be on lower side of that time share. He should get a lot of goal line carries though. David Wilson is getting a ton of hype and if Bradshaw goes down he could shine. Dwyer is in the mess that is the Steelers backfield. I don't know what to think of him yet. QB also isn't a sure thing here with Palmer and Luck. That said I like Andrew Luck a lot and think this combo can be adequate. Horns only has 3 WR's, but he had 3 picks left. I expect some WR/RB loto tickets in the bunch. The top pairing of RB is not ideal, but those 3 WR and Graham could carry the team.

Comment

• Non Alcoholic All Stars- Mike had a lot of early picks and used them to build a team that is deep across the board. Forte is a very good RB1 in PPR. MJD signed so he will be his RB2 for most of the seasons once he gets going. (note cbs site has mke with R. Jennings and he belongs on Gris team). Shonn Greene is the total opposite of a sexy pick, but at RB3 he can be solid. He will get carries and finding guys that will get carries is hard. Pead wont likely do much this year if Sjax is healthy he could be a nice keeper if Jackson were to be moved. Andre Johnson, Bowe, and Nelson make for a very nice group of WR's. AJ may not be #1 anymore but he is a going to be in the top 10. Jordy probably won't score as many TD's but still a nice option and who knows which Bowe you will get. Amendola could be good in PPR. I love Aaron Hernandez at TE. Matt Ryan has flown up draft boards in the last month. He has weapons around him if the offense clicks he could be a very good QB1. Big Ben is a solid backup. This team doesn't have any player that is likely to finish at the top of their position, but they have a lot of depth and should be hard to outscore each week.
          Last edited by frae; 09-03-2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Phreak - Stafford is great and was quite the fantasy stud. McCoy has a chance to finish as the top running back in fantasy terms and is great to build around. Wallace was great to start last year and has WR1 potential. Little and LaFell could be good WR3's. I am not a Boldin fan at this point. So for me that 2nd WR on this team could be an issue. Same goes for RB, Spiller is more of a flex play than an RB2 with Jackson healthy. Thomas and Ingram share the same backfield with Sproles. Not sure either are worth playing while all 3 are healthy, but Thomas was a good PPR play last year. Vereen was someone I liked, but it does not look like NE likes him as much. Finley is a TE1 and when he is healthy he could go off at any time. No backup QB yet. I see a few too many questions to expect a big year from this team without injuries opening up slots for guys like Spiller in particular.

Comment

• Piney Boy - Piney did not have a lot of early picks and unfortunately I think it shows. Colston and Lloyd are a solid WR pairing. I think Ridley has shown he will have value, but you never know with BB. He should be the Pats lead back, but more of an RB2 in fantasy. Stewart is already dinged and while I have always loved his talent, the backfield is so crowded. Helu is coached by Shanny, good luck. Mendenahall isn't on the PUP list so he could be a nice play after week 4, but still a little unclear on what will happen in the Steelers backfield. Meachem and Rice are nice depth WR's and Meachem has a chance to expand his role in SD now. Tony G has been solid for so long it is hard to bet against him, but at some point he does have to get old right? Romo and Schaub are solid QB options. The RB situation on this team has me thinking they will struggle, but you just never know.

Comment

• Schlesinj - You have to love the top pair WR in Green and Marshall. Two guys that could be huge this year. Gronk is a beast and a great keeper. RB is a little less stellar. BJGE is on a new team and his percent of carries is a little uncertain. That said he is fine as an RB2. This teams success probably comes a lot from Doug Martin's success. He is going to get every chance to succeed and if he can be an RB1 Jamie will be in good shape. Cedric Benson also is on a new team and we aren't totally clear how it will go. That said the reports are good and as a flex play he is nice to start the year. Denarius Moore is the only other WR on this team so the WR depth is not great. Injuries to Green or Marshall would really hurt. Redman had a chance to claim the RB job in Pittsburgh but the injuries have left things open. Powell, eh I don't know. I like Pettigrew a lot especially as a backup. He could be a nice trade chip and at least is Gronk security. That brings us to QB. RGIII or bust here. Just a year ago we all held the no rookie QB will succeed belief. Enter Cam Newton and now RGIII and Luck get drafted as QB1's. It will be interesting, I think I would have wanted a better backup than Freeman. Overall this team has enough upside to be good, but there are some questions at RB and QB. TE and WR are set for starters.

EDIT: Jamie has Blount which does give him the TB running back situation to himself.
                Last edited by frae; 09-03-2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Andy Reid Diet Plan - Drew Brees is a great place to start a team and Wes Welker has been PPR gold over the years. Welker has been a great WR 1 in PPR for years and hopefully he has another big year in store for Erik. Maclin looked on the way to stardom not long ago so if the injuries are behind him he may also be a nice pick. The concern for this team is at RB. McGahee is 30 with almost 1800 carries and has never been a pass catching guy. He needs to stay healthy and take at least 200 carries for this team. Ryan Williams has flashed a lot of talent, but he is probably on the wrong side of the time share while Beanie is healthy. Kendall Hunter is not really a flex play while Gore is healthy. I do like the Jacquizzi Rodgers pick and I think he will earn more and more of a role. Moore and Crabtree are fine WR bench options and Crabtree especially could put it back together and be a good WR3. Fred Davis was very good when he wasn't smoking weed, so he could be a solid TE1. No backup QB yet. I like the WR's and of course Brees. If some of these RB's get lead roles or at least on the better side of the time share they could compete.

Comment

• Ok that is 11. Enjoy and you may now all rip my team apart. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                      Schlesinj - You have to love the top pair WR in Green and Marshall. Two guys that could be huge this year. Gronk is a beast and a great keeper. RB is a little less stellar. BJGE is on a new team and his percent of carries is a little uncertain. That said he is fine as an RB2. This teams success probably comes a lot from Doug Martin's success. He is going to get every chance to succeed and if he can be an RB1 Jamie will be in good shape. Cedric Benson also is on a new team and we aren't totally clear how it will go. That said the reports are good and as a flex play he is nice to start the year. Denarius Moore is the only other WR on this team so the WR depth is not great. Injuries to Green or Marshall would really hurt. Redman had a chance to claim the RB job in Pittsburgh but the injuries have left things open. Powell, eh I don't know. I like Pettigrew a lot especially as a backup. He could be a nice trade chip and at least is Gronk security. That brings us to QB. RGIII or bust here. Just a year ago we all held the no rookie QB will succeed belief. Enter Cam Newton and now RGIII and Luck get drafted as QB1's. It will be interesting, I think I would have wanted a better backup than Freeman. Overall this team has enough upside to be good, but there are some questions at RB and QB. TE and WR are set for starters.
                      My thoughts exactly and thanks for the yearly Frae writeups.

Side note I have Blount (who I know you do not like, but he is Martin insurance). I also saw on Rotoworld he is trade bait.
                      Last edited by schlesinj; 09-03-2012, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                        My thoughts exactly and thanks for the yearly Frae writeups.

Side not I have Blount (who I know you do not like, but he is Martin insurance). I also saw on Rotoworld he is trade bait.
                        Thanks and sorry about that, I am just following what the cbs rosters have unless I saw something weird.

Comment

• Fifty Shades of Frae-Last call for Aaron Rodgers as a keeper, so enjoy him. Solid RBs with S Jackson and T Richardson, but as you know T Richardson may not play in week one, so you will be playing Ben Tate since LeShoure is suspended for 2 games. Certainly, with Tate he has a ton of upside if Foster goes down. As of WR 3 solid top 25 guys but no #1. V Davis is very good will put up #1 TE numbers on certain days. Overall, solid team but like most teams since SDS had all the picks and you picked later we were all filing in the gaps.

Comment

• I thought I was finally going to get to own the Steelers D, damn!

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                              Thanks and sorry about that, I am just following what the cbs rosters have unless I saw something weird.
                              Yea, I picked him with a SDS pick, so it put him on his team.

Comment

• Rd 1 1 Bad News Kennels - ARIAN FOSTER, RB
                                Rd 1 2 He Hate Me - RAY RICE, RB
                                Rd 1 3 Hornsby - CALVIN JOHNSON, WR
                                Rd 1 4 Non-Alcoholic Beveridges - MATT FORTE, RB
                                Rd 1 5 G-G-G-G-Men - CHRIS JOHNSON, RB
                                Rd 1 6 Bad News Kennels - RYAN MATHEWS, RB
                                Rd 1 7 Schlesinj - DOUG MARTIN, RB
                                Rd 1 8 Andy Reid Diet Plan - WES WELKER, WR
                                Rd 1 9 Diablowupdoll - LARRY FITZGERALD, WR
                                Rd 1 10 Iron City Lights - STEVEN JACKSON, RB
                                Rd 1 11 Phreak's Playas - LeSEAN McCOY, RB
                                Rd 1 12 Griswolds - TOM BRADY, QB
                                Rd 2 1 Non-Alcoholic Beveridges - ADRIAN PETERSON, RB
                                Rd 2 2 Non-Alcoholic Beveridges - ANDRE JOHNSON, WR
                                Rd 2 3 Iron City Lights - TRENT RICHARDSON, RB
                                Rd 2 4 Diablowupdoll - FRED JACKSON, RB
                                Rd 2 5 Andy Reid Diet Plan - DREW BREES, QB
                                Rd 2 6 Schlesinj - BRANDON MARSHALL, WR
                                Rd 2 7 Bad News Kennels - GREG JENNINGS, WR
                                Rd 2 8 G-G-G-G-Men - RODDY WHITE, WR
                                Rd 2 9 Non-Alcoholic Beveridges - MAURICE JONES-DREW, RB
                                Rd 2 10 Hornsby - REGGIE BUSH, RB
                                Rd 2 11 He Hate Me - AHMAD BRADSHAW, RB
                                Rd 2 12 Non-Alcoholic Beveridges - MATT RYAN, QB
                                Rd 3 1 Piney Boy - MARQUES COLSTON, WR
                                Rd 3 2 He Hate Me - PERCY HARVIN, WR
                                Rd 3 3 Phreak's Playas - MIKE WALLACE, WR
                                Rd 3 4 Non-Alcoholic Beveridges - DEZ BRYANT, WR
                                Rd 3 5 G-G-G-G-Men - FRANK GORE, RB
                                Rd 3 6 Non-Alcoholic Beveridges - DWAYNE BOWE, WR
                                Rd 3 7 Schlesinj - BENJARVUS GREEN-ELLIS, RB
                                Rd 3 8 Andy Reid Diet Plan - JEREMY MACLIN, WR
                                Rd 3 9 He Hate Me - ANTONIO GATES, TE
                                Rd 3 10 Iron City Lights - AARON RODGERS, QB
                                Rd 3 11 Phreak's Playas - MATT STAFFORD, QB
                                Rd 3 12 Griswolds - TORREY SMITH, WR
                                Rd 4 1 Griswolds - STEVE SMITH (CAR), WR
                                Rd 4 2 Phreak's Playas - JERMICHAEL FINLEY, TE
                                Rd 4 3 Iron City Lights - ERIC DECKER, WR
                                Rd 4 4 Diablowupdoll - MICHAEL TURNER, RB
                                Rd 4 5 Andy Reid Diet Plan - VINCENT JACKSON, WR
                                Rd 4 6 Schlesinj - AJ GREEN, WR
                                Rd 4 7 Bad News Kennels - MILES AUSTIN, WR
                                Rd 4 8 G-G-G-G-Men - JAMAL CHARLES, RB
                                Rd 4 9 Bad News Kennels - JASON WITTEN, TE
                                Rd 4 10 Hornsby - PEYTON HILLIS, RB
                                Rd 4 11 He Hate Me - JULIO JONES, WR
                                Rd 4 12 Piney Boy - TONY ROMO, QB
                                Rd 5 1 Piney Boy - STEVAN RIDLEY, RB
                                Rd 5 2 He Hate Me - PIERRE GARCON, WR
                                Rd 5 3 Hornsby - JIMMY GRAHAM, TE
                                Rd 5 4 Iron City Lights - VERNON DAVIS, TE
                                Rd 5 5 G-G-G-G-Men - PHILIP RIVERS, QB
                                Rd 5 6 Bad News Kennels - DARREN McFADDEN, RB
                                Rd 5 7 Schlesinj - ROBERT GRIFFIN III, QB
                                Rd 5 8 Andy Reid Diet Plan - JACQUIZZ RODGERS, RB
                                Rd 5 9 Diablowupdoll - KEVIN SMITH, RB
                                Rd 5 10 He Hate Me - SAN FRANCISCO, D/ST
                                Rd 5 11 Phreak's Playas - CJ SPILLER, RB
                                Rd 5 12 Griswolds - DEANGELO WILLIAMS, RB
                                Rd 6 1 Griswolds - REGGIE WAYNE, WR
                                Rd 6 2 Hornsby - DAVID WILSON, RB
                                Rd 6 3 Iron City Lights - STEVIE JOHNSON, WR
                                Rd 6 4 Diablowupdoll - DESEAN JACKSON, WR
                                Rd 6 5 Andy Reid Diet Plan - WILLIS MCGAHEE, RB
                                Rd 6 6 Schlesinj - ROB GRONKOWSKI, TE
                                Rd 6 7 Bad News Kennels - MICHAEL VICK, QB
                                Rd 6 8 Phreak's Playas - MARK INGRAM, RB
                                Rd 6 9 Non-Alcoholic Beveridges - JORDY NELSON, WR
                                Rd 6 10 Hornsby - ANDREW LUCK, QB
                                Rd 6 11 Non-Alcoholic Beveridges - BALTIMORE, D/ST
                                Rd 6 12 Piney Boy - BRANDON LLOYD, WR
                                Rd 7 1 Piney Boy - JONATHAN STEWART, RB
                                Rd 7 2 He Hate Me - DARIUS HEYWARD-BEY, WR
                                Rd 7 3 Hornsby - HAKEEM NICKS, WR
                                Rd 7 4 Bad News Kennels - PEYTON MANNING, QB
                                Rd 7 5 Schlesinj - CEDRIC BENSON, RB
                                Rd 7 6 Bad News Kennels - JUSTIN BLACKMON, WR
                                Rd 7 7 Schlesinj - ISAAC REDMAN, RB
                                Rd 7 8 Andy Reid Diet Plan - FRED DAVIS, TE
                                Rd 7 9 Diablowupdoll - ELI MANNING, QB
                                Rd 7 10 Non-Alcoholic Beveridges - BEN ROETHLISBERGER, QB
                                Rd 7 11 Non-Alcoholic Beveridges- SHONN GREENE, RB
                                Rd 7 12 Griswolds - MARSHAWN LYNCH, RB
                                Rd 8 1 Griswolds - DARREN SPROLES, RB
                                Rd 8 2 Phreak's Playas - GREG LITTLE, WR
                                Rd 8 3 Iron City Lights - KENNY BRITT, WR
                                Rd 8 4 Diablowupdoll - BEANIE WELLS, RB
                                Rd 8 5 Andy Reid Diet Plan - RYAN WILLIAMS, RB
                                Rd 8 6 Non-Alcoholic Beveridges - AARON HERNANDEZ, TE
                                Rd 8 7 Bad News Kennels - DEMARYIUS THOMAS, WR
                                Rd 8 8 G-G-G-G-Men - VICTOR CRUZ, WR
                                Rd 8 9 Griswolds - RASHAD JENNINGS, RB
                                Rd 8 10 Hornsby - CARSON PALMER, QB
                                Rd 8 11 He Hate Me - DONALD BROWN, RB
                                Rd 8 12 Piney Boy - ROY HELU, RB
                                Rd 9 1 Piney Boy - RASHARD MENDENHALL, RB
                                Rd 9 2 Diablowupdoll - TITUS YOUNG, WR
                                Rd 9 3 G-G-G-G-Men - KENDALL WRIGHT, WR
                                Rd 9 4 Iron City Lights - JAY CUTLER, QB
                                Rd 9 5 G-G-G-G-Men - MICHAEL BUSH, RB
                                Rd 9 6 Piney Boy - ROBERT MEACHEM, WR
                                Rd 9 7 Schlesinj - BRANDON PETTIGREW, TE
                                Rd 9 8 Andy Reid Diet Plan - KENDALL HUNTER, RB
                                Rd 9 9 Diablowupdoll - TOBY GERHART, RB
                                Rd 9 10 Iron City Lights - MIKEL LESHOURE, RB
                                Rd 9 11 Phreak's Playas - PIERRE THOMAS, RB
                                Rd 9 12 Griswolds - NATE WASHINGTON, WR
                                Rd 10 1 Griswolds - EVAN ROYSTER, RB
                                Rd 10 2 Phreak's Playas - ANQUAN BOLDIN, WR
                                Rd 10 3 Iron City Lights - MALCOM FLOYD, WR
                                Rd 10 4 Diablowupdoll - HOUSTON, D/ST
                                Rd 10 5 Andy Reid Diet Plan - LANCE MOORE, WR
                                Rd 10 6 Schlesinj - DENARIUS MOORE, WR
                                Rd 10 7 Bad News Kennels - SANTONIO HOLMES, WR
                                Rd 10 8 G-G-G-G-Men - ALSHON JEFFREY, WR
                                Rd 10 9 Phreak's Playas - DANNY AMENDOLA, WR
                                Rd 10 10 Hornsby - BUFFALO, D/ST
                                Rd 10 11 He Hate Me - RONNIE HILLMAN, RB
                                Rd 10 12 Piney Boy - TONY GONZALEZ, TE
                                Rd 11 1 Piney Boy - SIDNEY RICE, WR
                                Rd 11 2 He Hate Me - CAM NEWTON, QB
                                Rd 11 3 Hornsby - SEBASTIAN JANIKOWSKI, K
                                Rd 11 4 Schlesinj - LEGARRETTE BLOUNT, RB
                                Rd 11 5 G-G-G-G-Men - JAKE LOCKER, QB
                                Rd 11 6 Bad News Kennels - PHILADELPHIA, D/ST
                                Rd 11 7 Schlesinj - BILAL POWELL, RB
                                Rd 11 8 Andy Reid Diet Plan - NEW YORK GIANTS, D/ST
                                Rd 11 9 Diablowupdoll - ALFRED MORRIS, RB
                                Rd 11 10 Iron City Lights - RANDALL COBB, WR
                                Rd 11 11 Phreak's Playas - BRANDON LAFELL, WR
                                Rd 11 12 Griswolds - RONNIE BROWN, RB
                                Rd 12 1 Griswolds - MIKE WILLIAMS (TB), WR
                                Rd 12 2 Phreak's Playas - SHANE VEREEN, RB
                                Rd 12 3 Iron City Lights - BEN TATE, RB
                                Rd 12 4 Diablowupdoll - DEMARCO MURRAY, RB
                                Rd 12 5 Andy Reid Diet Plan - MICHAEL CRABTREE, WR
                                Rd 12 6 Schlesinj - JOSH FREEMAN, QB
                                Rd 12 7 Bad News Kennels - ROBERT TURBIN, RB
                                Rd 12 8 G-G-G-G-Men - RUSSELL WILSON, QB
                                Rd 12 9 Non-Alcoholic Beveridges - ISIAH PEAD, RB
                                Rd 12 10 Hornsby - JONATHAN DWYER, RB
                                Rd 12 11 He Hate Me - FELIX JONES, RB
                                Rd 12 12 Piney Boy - MATT SCHAUB, QB
                                Rd 13 1 Piney Boy - GREEN BAY, D/ST
                                Rd 13 2 He Hate Me - RANDY MOSS, WR
                                Rd 13 3 Hornsby - ANTONIO BROWN, WR
                                Rd 13 4 Non-Alcoholic Beveridges - STEPHEN GOSTKOWSKI, K
                                Rd 13 5 G-G-G-G-Men - KYLE RUDOLPH, TE
                                Rd 13 6 Bad News Kennels - DUSTIN KELLER, TE
                                Rd 13 7 Schlesinj - PITTSBURGH, D/ST
                                Rd 13 8 Andy Reid Diet Plan - ANDY DALTON, QB
                                Rd 13 9 Diablowupdoll - JARED COOK, TE
                                Rd 13 10 Iron City Lights - JERMAINE GRESHAM, TE
                                Rd 13 11 Phreak's Playas
                                Rd 13 12 Griswolds
                                Rd 14 1 Griswolds
                                Rd 14 2 Phreak's Playas
                                Rd 14 3 Iron City Lights
                                Rd 14 4 Diablowupdoll
                                Rd 14 5 Andy Reid Diet Plan
                                Rd 14 6 Schlesinj
                                Rd 14 7 Bad News Kennels
                                Rd 14 8 G-G-G-G-Men
                                Rd 14 9 Non-Alcoholic Beveridges
                                Rd 14 10 Hornsby
                                Rd 14 11 He Hate Me
                                Rd 14 12 Piney Boy
                                Rd 15 1 Piney Boy
                                Rd 15 2 He Hate Me
                                Rd 15 3 Hornsby
                                Rd 15 4 Piney Boy
                                Rd 15 5 G-G-G-G-Men
                                Rd 15 6 Phreak's Playas
                                Rd 15 7 G-G-G-G-Men
                                Rd 15 8 Andy Reid Diet Plan
                                Rd 15 9 Diablowupdoll
                                Rd 15 10 Iron City Lights
                                Rd 15 11 Hornsby
                                Rd 15 12 Griswolds
                                Last edited by Erik; 09-03-2012, 12:54 PM.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X