Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay to Play Draft Discussion Thread

Looking forward to the discussion.

Was hoping Megatron would get to me, but I'm glad to get Forte...he's not on the Madden cover
    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Welker was a bit of a surprise there. Not that it's a bad pick, but with all of NE's weapons and the burgeoning running game, the expectation is his receptions will decrease. I thought he'd last to the 2nd/3rd round.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Welker was a bit of a surprise there. Not that it's a bad pick, but with all of NE's weapons and the burgeoning running game, the expectation is his receptions will decrease. I thought he'd last to the 2nd/3rd round.
        I'm not in the league any more but I agree with Ed. The D. Martin & Mathews picks also surprised me a little bit.
        14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
        RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
        WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
        TE: Olsen (NA)
        K: Lutz (7)
        DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

FBG has Martin at RB8. Certainly a reach based on accumulated ADP. I went with the young guy vs the old guy. Either way, after the first few picks the guys are all about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            I have no 2nd round pick, so he wasn't getting back to me.

I came in with 2 RB and no WR, and none of the remaining RB inspire enough confidence in me to use a first rounder and put myself way in the hole with WR.

I already own the other WRs I was considering in other leagues, so for diversity's sake I used that as a tiebreaker and took Welker.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Martin is getting huge hype from some sites, so I can't say I'm too shocked by that pick. Mathews scares me too much from an injury perspective. He might only miss 2 games, but that's more than 1/7 of the fantasy regular season.

Comment

I PM'd ElD a while ago, FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  I PM'd ElD a while ago, FYI.
                  I sent him a text... 3 hrs difference plus the newborn means weird sleeping cycles
                  I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                  You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                  "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                  It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Yeah, I figured.

Comment

Meanwhile, Frae says the delay is causing him to massively overthink his pick.

Comment

I took Welker instead of Fitz because I have Fitz in another money league and don't want to double down on Arizona's awful QBs.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          I'm pretty scared of Fitz' QB situation just like everyone else. Hasn't seemed to stop him in the past but still.....
                          I think he'll be fine if Skelton plays, but Kolb looks like Jimmy Clausen in 2010 out there. Still, there's much more risk than there should be for a guy of his talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                            I think he'll be fine if Skelton plays, but Kolb looks like Jimmy Clausen in 2010 out there. Still, there's much more risk than there should be for a guy of his talent.
                            Who were Fitz's QBs last season? Kevin Kolb and John Skelton.
                            What about in 2010? Derek Anderson, Skelton and Max Hall.
                            Where did Fitz finish in scoring in this league last season? 6th.
                            And 2010? 11th.

What's so different that has everyone running for the hills? I don't think he'll finish in the top-five amongst WR but there's nothing so significantly different that should be creating madness over his risk IMO.

Comment

His numbers were vastly better last year when Skelton was throwing to him than when Kolb was.

Kolb looks even worse this preseason.

Yet, thanks to a passable performance last week, there's still a chance Kolb wins the job. They are paying a lot more to Kolb than to Skelton, and they are still owned by the Bidwells, so it's not a lock that they will do the right thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X