No announcement yet.

RJ Pay for Play - Draft Discussion Thread 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every time that I look at my box score this week, Antonio Brown and his 26.1pts is still on my bench.

I'm a moron.
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

• Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
      Every time that I look at my box score this week, Antonio Brown and his 26.1pts is still on my bench.

I'm a moron.
      LOL...even I played Brown in the one league I had him. I'll just bet that makes you feel better.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
        Every time that I look at my box score this week, Antonio Brown and his 26.1pts is still on my bench.

I'm a moron.
        I know NE's defense is money for opposing offenses, but banking on Jabar Gaffney? With Rex Grossman throwing to him? You are true gambler, sir! Go for the gusto!
        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Good luck next week Griz.

Comment

• Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
            Good luck next week Griz.
            Thanks bud.....helluva game between the two of us...it's a shame one of us had to lose.

MJD picked a fine week to explode for me.

Comment

• Glad my team had a pretty awful week on the bye, not glad to see I won't have Greg Jennings to use next week. The ICL semifinal curse continues. Last year I didn't have Rodgers, so this is a little better.

Comment

• I posted this on the league site as well....but who plays in the next round?

I hate CBS and their idea of a "playoff bracket"...it looks like some 3rd grader created it during his basic Excel class.

Thanks!

Comment

• Congrats to Gris & phreaks for their playoff wins! Good luck to all in Week 15.

Comment

• Thanks and yes, good luck to all!

Comment

• PLAYOFF PREVIEW....

Well we are down to 4 so here are my random thoughts going into the semi-final games...

Gris vs ElD/David

The Blowup Dolls are the 2 seed, but unfortunately for them home field advantage does not count for anything in fantasy football. 2 crushing injuries to RB's (Murray and Forte) have put the blowup dolls in a situation where they need to hit the WW just to get a 2nd healthy RB for the game. Gris's starters are peaking right now and baring injury he is in great shape. Did anyone else know Gris has 4 QB's on his roster? That does really keep lineup choices simple, pick a qb and then decide if you want to use Darren Sproles or not. Anyway, long story short Gris has the edge at RB/WR/Flex. QB is the blowups advantage and TE is a push. Gris should win this one.

ICL vs Phreak

This one looks pretty even to me in most places. I like Rodgers over Stafford for me and clearly Jimmy Graham over Vernon Davis for Phreak. Other than that you can make arguments everywhere else for who is in a better spot. Losing Greg Jennings will force me to start Santana Moss or Anquan Boldin at WR2. On the bright side Percy Harvin has turned into a WR 1 the last few weeks. If Kevin Smith is healthy I will plug him in at flex and hope that his ankles gets through one game. I also have Tim Tebow on my roster so I have to win...right? I can't pick this one for many reasons, not the least of which is I actually don't know who will win. So that being said I pick the Phreak to win so at least if I lose I can feel good about something.

Good luck everyone!

Comment

• Jason you swiped R Williams from me!

Comment

• Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                          Jason you swiped R Williams from me!
                          Sorry, Jamie. I figured that I should pick up a couple of lottery tickets to give the new owner some possible keeper options. Right they have some options:

Roy Helu (8th)
                          Antonio Brown (13th)
                          Ryan Williams (8th)
                          Mikel Leshoure (8th)
                          Titus Young (8th)

Helu & Brown should be decent but the other 3 are probably not legitimate keepers. I guess alot will depend on how their recovery is going.

Plus you already have plenty of keeper options:

V. Jackson (5th)
                          A.J. Green (4th)
                          Gronkowski (6th)
                          Charles (4th)
                          F. Jackson (3rd)
                          D. Thomas (5th)
                          Little (9th)
                          Den. Moore (10th)
                          Last edited by jwlincy; 12-15-2011, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                            PLAYOFF PREVIEW....

Well we are down to 4 so here are my random thoughts going into the semi-final games...

Gris vs ElD/David

The Blowup Dolls are the 2 seed, but unfortunately for them home field advantage does not count for anything in fantasy football. 2 crushing injuries to RB's (Murray and Forte) have put the blowup dolls in a situation where they need to hit the WW just to get a 2nd healthy RB for the game. Gris's starters are peaking right now and baring injury he is in great shape. Did anyone else know Gris has 4 QB's on his roster? That does really keep lineup choices simple, pick a qb and then decide if you want to use Darren Sproles or not. Anyway, long story short Gris has the edge at RB/WR/Flex. QB is the blowups advantage and TE is a push. Gris should win this one.

ICL vs Phreak

This one looks pretty even to me in most places. I like Rodgers over Stafford for me and clearly Jimmy Graham over Vernon Davis for Phreak. Other than that you can make arguments everywhere else for who is in a better spot. Losing Greg Jennings will force me to start Santana Moss or Anquan Boldin at WR2. On the bright side Percy Harvin has turned into a WR 1 the last few weeks. If Kevin Smith is healthy I will plug him in at flex and hope that his ankles gets through one game. I also have Tim Tebow on my roster so I have to win...right? I can't pick this one for many reasons, not the least of which is I actually don't know who will win. So that being said I pick the Phreak to win so at least if I lose I can feel good about something.

Good luck everyone!
                            I hope your right, Frae!

I'm still wavering on Sproles...the Historical Consistency says no especially when he plays away. I'm worried about MJD tonight....so I think that will be key. If MJD succeeds then I like my chances. If not, it could be tough.

Best of luck to everyone!

Comment

• Glad I dropped the Falcons D that usually doesn't cause turnovers. Doh!

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                                Glad I dropped the Falcons D that usually doesn't cause turnovers. Doh!
                                The good news is that it probably isn't going to make any difference. I hate losing because of a bad lineup decision. The bad news is that once again this year, you made the playoffs and won't be playing in the Championship Game. You're like the Buffalo Bills of the RJ Pay for Play league.

Comment

Working...
                                X