RJ Pay for Play - Draft Discussion Thread 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
    Pardon the shameless plug but the intro to my column this week was inspired by the overzealous John Beck manlove going on in here
    http://rotoexperts.com/article2366.html
    I will check it out when i am on the $hitter. Your articles keep me regular.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      I will check it out when i am on the $hitter. Your articles keep me regular.
      COnsider it me returning the favor for your SWF trade calls

Comment

I considered Crabtree, but he's a better value for 2012 then he is for 2011. So I didn't want to be saddled with him on my roster all season long, just for that reason.

Comment

Anybody RB light I have a ton...

Comment

I'm pretty WR light. Santana Moss is currently my #1. Eeeek!

Comment

Ugh...Get off my draft sheets people. My list of picks for 11 and 12 I had written out and all were there at 11. When I got back to 12, all were gone. Thieves! LOL

Comment

what's the fascination with drafting 2 TEs? The flex is only RB/WR, so you can't use the 2nd one there. And even for those schmeggeggies like me who hasn't drafted one yet, there's still plenty left to go 'round.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  what's the fascination with drafting 2 TEs? The flex is only RB/WR, so you can't use the 2nd one there. And even for those schmeggeggies like me who hasn't drafted one yet, there's still plenty left to go 'round.
                  No fascination. That was more of insurance in guess Winslow's knees give out. Both my TEs have the same bye week so we will see who the starter is before week 8. Also maybe I can move one later.

I also knew you did not have one.
                  Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

:choose:

Choices, choices...

I have a headache now...
                    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Whew, I got my Michael Turner handcuff. SDS took Jacquizz Rodgers but I think that Snelling has proven to be a capable back up if Turner gets injured. Thanks, Mike.
                      14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                      RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                      WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                      TE: Olsen (NA)
                      K: Lutz (7)
                      DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

• Sorry for the delay guys. I had typed in Roy Williams about an hour ago and just as I was about to hit send the suicide hotline actually called me for "preventative reasons."

After trying to talk me down for 45 minutes they finally hung up on me because I just kept repeating, "But Mike Martz...12th Round...2006....But Mike Martz...12th Round......"

Comment

• I understand handcuffing but is it really important to get your backup? Whet if you got my backup instead? I understand in a situation where the starters hold on the job is tenuous but in the case of Turner as an example, if Jason didnt get Snelling and got Ronnie Brown instead is there a difference? Injuries are random so I dont see the big deal.
                          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            I understand handcuffing but is it really important to get your backup? Whet if you got my backup instead? I understand in a situation where the starters hold on the job is tenuous but in the case of Turner as an example, if Jason didnt get Snelling and got Ronnie Brown instead is there a difference? Injuries are random so I dont see the big deal.
                            I think that if you can get a handcuff for one of your big RBs, can be important. My situation is a good example of handcuffing. Turner has had a history of injuries over the last 2 seasons and Snelling has played well filling in during that time. I only have 2 picks left (kicker and a bench slot) so I got Snelling late enough that there really isn't much risk. That way if Turner (my RB2) gets hurt, I'm covered. If I take Ronnie Brown and Turner gets hurt, I'm in more trouble. Of course if McCoy gets hurt and I have Ronnie Brown then I have an extra starting RB to play or trade.

I knew that taking Snelling isn't a move with much upside but I'm happy with it.
                            14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                            RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                            WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                            TE: Olsen (NA)
                            K: Lutz (7)
                            DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

• Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
                              Whew, I got my Michael Turner handcuff. SDS took Jacquizz Rodgers but I think that Snelling has proven to be a capable back up if Turner gets injured. Thanks, Mike.
                              No prob...you can toss me a pick later
                              I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
                                Anybody RB light I have a ton...
                                PM me...I need RB's...have WR's.

Comment

Working...
                                X