No announcement yet.

RJ Pay for Play - Draft Discussion Thread 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB: Matthew Stafford (5.06) Sam Bradford (8.02) An interesting combo here. I like Stafford a lot if he is healthy. Bradford obviously still has room to improve. It is an upside pairing for sure.

RB: Shonn Greene
    RB: LeSean McCoy (Keeper)
    RB Thomas Jones
    RB LT2
    RB Ronnie Brown
    RB Steven Ridley
    I love McCoy and in a PPR league he should be even better. Greene will need to be an RB 2 for this group to work out for you. He will get the carries, but he needs the goal line touches too since he won't really catch passes. Jones LT and Brown are RB2's on their own teams and Ridley is a NE RB good luck reading that situation (says the Danny Woodhead owner)

WR: Mario Manningham
    WR: Danny Amendola (6.02)
    Flex: Nate Burleson
    WR Jordan Shipley

Well I like Mannigham as a WR 2, but the problem is you don't have a WR1. If Amendola isn't a PPR stud I don't really like this group for consistency. I think Burleson is a nice upside pick, but not someone I want in my lineup in week 1.
    TE: Jimmy Graham (7.11)
    K:
    DST: NY Giants DST (14.07)
    Bench: Sam Bradford (8.02)
    Bench: Rashad Jennings (9.11)
    Bench: Jared Cook (12.02)
    Bench: Steven Ridley (11.11)
    Bench: Ronnie Brown (12.02)
    Bench: Jerome Simpson (13.11)
    Nate Burleson (14.02)

TE Jimmy Graham - I like him a lot for upside and you probably need him to take a big step forward and join the 1st group of 5 TE's (witten, clark, finley, davis, and gates).

I don't see this as a playoff team right now. With us moving to PPR I just don't see enough scoring from those WR's and with only McCoy as a RB to lean on it doesn't look like a great spot to be in. It is FF though and anything can happen.

Comment

• QB: Ben Roethlisberger, PIT B5: Cam Newton, CAR
      Big Ben is solid and he has the potential to put up better numbers if the play calling lets him.

RB: Knowshon Moreno, DEN
      RB: Ryan Mathews, SD
      B1: Reggie Bush, MIA
      B3: Delone Carter, IND
      B6 Bernard Scott RB CIN

I don't know what to think of Moreno and Mathews, they have potential to be very good but not sure how many touches they will get. Matthews looks 50?50 almost with Tolbert and Moreno could lose gl carries. I really like Bush now that we are ppr.

WR: Andre Johnson, HOU
      WR: Brandon Lloyd, DEN
      Flex: Steve Johnson, BUF
      B2: Julio Jones, ATL
      B4: Johnny Knox, CHI

I like this group a lot. Johnsons as a wr3 and J Jones waiting on the bench with huge upside.

TE: Dustin Keller, NYJ
      Well he has flashed his skills a few times and the Jets may open it up.

I think you need moreno or matthews to push being a top 12 back and bush be a solid #2. Even if one of the m&m's flop you have a good wr group to fill in. Looks like a playoff contender.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
        I think you need moreno or matthews to push being a top 12 back and bush be a solid #2. Even if one of the m&m's flop you have a good wr group to fill in. Looks like a playoff contender.
        You're being too kind.

My RBs stink and unless one or two of those three emerge as a RB1 (or borderline RB1), I have no shot.

Comment

• I thought that I had waivers set up to run for the first time on Thursday, September 8th. Evidently I was incorrect because waivers ran last Thursday (September 1st). A couple of teams put in claims and picked up players. The waiver order is now correct (I had reset it this morning before I realized that waivers ran last week). If you wish to put in a waiver claim, please do so before early Thursday morning (waiver usually run around 2am on Thursdays). All players that are remaining after waivers run are free agents and are available on a first come, first served basis.

Any player dropped during waivers or free agency will not be available to add until the next week's waivers run. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
          14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
          RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
          WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
          TE: Olsen (NA)
          K: Lutz (7)
          DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

• Are you sure, Randy Moss was just picked up?

Comment

• Nope, evidently I'm not sure.

It appears that all players are free agents except for those that have been dropped recently (they are only available during the next waivers).

Comment

• Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                Are you sure, Randy Moss was just picked up?
                I did not realize i got him till i was checking the preview for my game this week. I expected a waiver queue up.
                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• what are the official waiver rules? Players are free agents after the waiver draft? I thought we ended that practice, which resulted in 'fast finger' pickups during the games.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    what are the official waiver rules? Players are free agents after the waiver draft? I thought we ended that practice, which resulted in 'fast finger' pickups during the games.
                    Waivers run on Thursday morning around 2am, all players not picked up via waivers are free agents. You can pick up free agents until games start on Sunday, then all players are locked until waivers run the following Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
                      Waivers run on Thursday morning around 2am, all players not picked up via waivers are free agents. You can pick up free agents until games start on Sunday, then all players are locked until waivers run the following Thursday.
                      ok, sounds good, thanks.

Comment

• Rodgers to Jennings for 6! Gotta love that start!

Comment

• This Rodgers guy is good.

Comment

• I am getting raped after one day. I know my team sucks, but couldn't it wait till Sunday when I am at work all day and can not see anything?
                            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                              I am getting raped after one day. I know my team sucks, but couldn't it wait till Sunday when I am at work all day and can not see anything?
                              Sorry PB that one was not pretty. I got points from pretty much everyone, but Percy Harvin. I would prefer to get Foster back, but I am glad to see Ben Tate was not just a pre-season player.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                                Sorry PB that one was not pretty. I got points from pretty much everyone, but Percy Harvin. I would prefer to get Foster back, but I am glad to see Ben Tate was not just a pre-season player.
                                Ugly.....just ugly. You got points from everyone and the only player that played up to par for me was Kellen Winslow.

Going to be a long year if this keeps up.

Comment

Working...
                                X