RJ Pay for Play - Off season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frae View Post
    I am sure you will find a few of us that think we have keepers. It will be up to you guys to decide if we do I will be shopping Shonne Greene 9th rd, Dez Bryant 6th rd, and maybe my 1st rd Arian Foster but if you don't pick in the back 1/2 or 1/3 of the 1st rd his value isn't as nice. Since I pick 10th I do like him. I won't be trading my 5th rd Aaron Rodgers I don't expect.
    I like Shonn Green....but I don't have anything to trade yet.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
      I like Shonn Green....but I don't have anything to trade yet.
      Well you will have draft picks to trade once you guys finish the expansion draft

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
        Well you will have draft picks to trade once you guys finish the expansion draft
        Ok, gotchya!

Comment

Expansion Draft Update

Ok, I haven't heard anything from Papa Deuce so I'm going to assume that we won't be back. I told him to get back to me by Friday but I'm getting antsy. He hasn't even registered on the new RotoJunkie site.

Hammer sent: 3, 1, 2
          revo sent: Griswold, Stephen, Piney

So the preference order is:

1. Stephen
          2. Piney Boy
          3. Griswold

Stephen you get your choice of draft slot for the fantasy draft (#3 slot, #5 slot or #9 slot) or your choice of position in the serpentine expansion draft (1st, 2nd or 3rd). Remember that the #3 draft slot in the fantasy draft trade pick #171 for pick #119. Another thing to take into account is that we're more than likely going to a PPR league.

Once Stephen makes his selection, Piney Boy will get his choice of remaining options. Then Griswold will get the next choice. I see that Stephen hasn't been online for awhile so I'm not sure if anybody has his email address that they can give him a jingle.
          14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
          RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
          WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
          TE: Olsen (NA)
          K: Lutz (7)
          DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

I officially removed Papa Deuce from the RJ Pay for Play website. Welcome to our 3 new owners: Stephen, griswold and Piney Boy!! I'm certain that the new owners will hold up their end and keep this a very competitive league. Good luck this season guys.

I also have some news regarding the fill-in owner for eldiablo505. I extended an invitation to davidgrey and he has accepted. Welcome Dave!! I told Dave that he'd be at the top of the waiting list for any future league openings.

Now we're just waiting for Stephen to check in and make his decision regarding the expansion draft and fantasy draft.

Comment

Good to have you guys.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                Good to have you guys.
                Great to hear. Thanks Jason for keeping this moving. I must admit I am going to miss the Nate Kaiting being picked in the 6th round.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                  Great to hear. Thanks Jason for keeping this moving. I must admit I am going to miss the Nate Kaiting being picked in the 6th round.
                  or Tony Hunt the TD machine.

Comment

I didn't back up the old RJ Pay for Play threads from 2010 so I don't know when we started our draft last year. Does anybody have that information?

We have 156 players to draft at least (assuming that everyone keeps 2 players). If we draft 10 players per day (with no pick being made on the weekends), it would take us about 3 weeks to complete the draft. With the NFL regular season scheduled to kick-off on Thursday, September 8th, I think that we should target Monday, August 15th to start the draft. That would put us on pace to finish on Friday, September 1st. We could push the start back until August 22nd but then it could get tight at the end.

Thoughts?

Comment

I will do my best to keep the memory of Papa Deuce alive here.
                      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
                        I didn't back up the old RJ Pay for Play threads from 2010 so I don't know when we started our draft last year. Does anybody have that information?

We have 156 players to draft at least (assuming that everyone keeps 2 players). If we draft 10 players per day (with no pick being made on the weekends), it would take us about 3 weeks to complete the draft. With the NFL regular season scheduled to kick-off on Thursday, September 8th, I think that we should target Monday, August 15th to start the draft. That would put us on pace to finish on Friday, September 1st. We could push the start back until August 22nd but then it could get tight at the end.

Thoughts?
                        Sounds fine, it seems like we usually move pretty well. I think the west coast guys like EZ and Eldiablo made it a little harder given the time zone and they are not drafting this year.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                          Sounds fine, it seems like we usually move pretty well. I think the west coast guys like EZ and Eldiablo made it a little harder given the time zone and they are not drafting this year.
                          I am trying to remember. Didn't you trade me Chris Johnson and Michael Turner when I was last in this league?
                          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                            I am trying to remember. Didn't you trade me Chris Johnson and Michael Turner when I was last in this league?
                            Yes, then you left the league the next season and didn't get to take advantage of the 3rd round Chris Johnson and 2nd round Michael Turner keepers.

Comment

I seem to remember us always getting done with time to spare, but I am happy to start whenever. I will be gone and drunk out of my mind from the 19th - 21st, bachelor party in NO, but other than that I am good.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                                I have blocked that out of my mind. I have made some terrible trades to put me over the top and not make the playoffs the last few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X