No announcement yet.

RJ Pay for Play - Off season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was excited about football for about 1.5 seconds....
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
      Very proactive Jason already paying for the league. Did you get a call from Mort saying the lockout is over?
      Just hopeful on my part. Too many people are on the line to lose money if things don't get worked out. Here's what CBS Sportsline says about a shortened or cancelled season:

Important Notice in case the 2011-2012 NFL Regular Season is shortened or cancelled.

I. We Got Your Back Guarantee for CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Commissioner:

In the event the 2011-2012 NFL regular season is shortened from the existing sixteen (16) games per NFL team regular season:

(i) CBSI shall issue a credit or refund to CBSI's users who have purchased a 2011 CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Commissioner Product (the "Customer(s)".), for Customers of existing 2011 CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Commissioner Leagues (the "League(s)"), to be processed as detailed below, for every game of the sixteen (16) games per NFL team in the 2011-2012 NFL regular season that is not played. (By way of example, if the 2011-2012 NFL regular season of sixteen (16) games to be played per NFL team, is shortened by three (3) games, wherefore the 2011-2012 NFL regular season consists instead of thirteen (13) games to be played per NFL team; the Customers shall receive a credit or refund for the three (3) games not played). The credit or refund will consist of a prorated amount equal to 1/16 of the One Hundred Seventy-Nine Dollars and Ninety-Nine Cents ($179.99) full price of the 2011 CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Commissioner Product, which comes to the amount of Eleven Dollars and Twenty-Five Cents ($11.25) per game (179.99 ÷ 16=11.25). (By way of example, the credit or refund is calculated as follows: if the 2011-2012 NFL regular season is shortened by three 3 games, multiply 3 by the amount per game of Eleven Dollars and Twenty-Five Cents ($11.25) this comes to the amount of Thirty-Three Dollars and Seventy-Five Cents ($33.75) (11.25 × 3=33.75). In this example, CBSI will give a credit or refund to the Customer in the amount of Thirty-Three Dollars and Seventy-Five Cents ($33.75).

Customers shall automatically receive a credit towards the purchase of a 2012 Fantasy Football Commissioner Product for the applicable amount, if any.
      Refunds shall be issued subject to the following conditions:
      Customers must request a refund at any time before the Got Your Back Guarantee expires.
      Customer's League must be is in compliance with the 2011 CBSSports.com Football Commissioner Terms of Use.
      Refunds will only be provided to the Customer of a League.
      Refunds will be credited to Customer's credit card account used to pay for the League's fee.
      Refunds will be processed as soon as the refund request is authenticated by CBSI's Fantasy Support Staff.
      To request a refund, please contact CBSI's Fantasy Support Staff. The Fantasy Support Staff can be contacted by the Customer through the Help menu in the Leagues' page. Once in the Help menu, click Help Center (to verify authenticity of email refund requests, follow-up contact will be required before the refund is processed);

(ii) CBSI May discount, in its sole and exclusive discretion, the full price of the 2011 CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Commissioner Product of One Hundred Seventy-Nine Dollars and Ninety-Nine Cents ($179.99). In such event, Customers who have purchased a 2011 CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Commissioner Product at a discounted rate (i.e. Pre-Pay Offer or Early Bird Offer) shall receive a refund in an amount, the greater of: (a) an amount as calculated based on subparagraph (i) above; or (b) an amount equal to the amount by which the 2011 CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Commissioner Product regular full price is discounted. (For clarity and by way of example of calculating such amount equal to the discounted amount, if the 2011 CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Commissioner Product regular full price of One Hundred Seventy-Nine Dollars and Ninety-Nine Cents ($179.99) is reduced by ¼ which equals the amount of Forty-Five Dollars ($45.00), making the reduced price for a 2011 CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Commissioner Product the amount of One Hundred Thirty-Four and Ninety-Nine Cents ($134.99) (179-45=134.99), CBSI shall issue a credit or refund to all existing Customers who purchased a League during the Pre-Pay Offer period or the Early Bird Offer period in the amount of Forty-Five Dollars ($45.00)); or

(iii) Resulting in a season with eight (8) games or less, the 2011 CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Commissioner Product will be free and CBSI shall issue a credit or refund to the Customers of existing Leagues in an amount equal to the amount paid by the Customer for the 2011 CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Commissioner Product, as described above.

In the event the 2011-2012 NFL regular season is cancelled, CBSI shall issue a credit or refund to the Customers of existing Leagues in an amount equal to the League's fee amount paid by the Customer for the 2011 CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Commissioner Product. (By way of example, if a Customer paid the full League's fee for the 2011 CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Commissioner Product in the amount of One Hundred Seventy-Nine Dollars and Ninety-Nine Cents ($179.99), such Customer shall receive a refund, to be processed as detailed above, in the amount of One Hundred Seventy-Nine Dollars and Ninety-Nine Cents ($179.99); if a Customer paid the Pre-Pay Offer fee for the 2011 CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Commissioner Product in the amount of One Hundred Forty-Nine Dollars and Ninety-Nine Cents ($149.99), such Customer shall receive a refund, to be processed as detailed above, in the amount of One Hundred Forty-Nine Dollars and Ninety-Nine Cents ($149.99)).
      The We Got Your Back Guarantee is not applicable if a League is purchased after a delayed or shortened season is announced by the NFL.
      CBSI reserves the right to discontinue and/or alter the We Got Your Back Guarantee at any time, such discontinuation and/or alteration shall in no way affect a Customer who has qualified for the We Got Your Back Guarantee, as of the date of discontinuation and/or alteration. The We Got Your Back Guarantee is valid through the later of the conclusion of the 2011-2012 NFL regular season or December 31, 2011.
      14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
      RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
      WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
      TE: Olsen (NA)
      K: Lutz (7)
      DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Just left Papa Deuce a voice mail. Hopefully I hear back from him so we can start figuring out how many openings we'll have this season (when they finally figure out this whole lock-out thing).

Comment

Ok just wanted to update everyone about the league. Hopefully the lockout will end soon and we can finalize our owners for 2011. Then we can start voting on the rule changes that were proposed last year (by revo or Hammer).

ezeagle is OUT (Stephen Webb is IN)
          chancellor sounds like he's OUT, I'm trying to confirm
          Papa Deuce is AWOL, I'm giving him 1 week to check in
          eldiablo505 is OUT for 2011 but would like to keep his team in the future

Griswold is first on the waiting list
          Piney Boy is second on the waiting list

Its possible that we may have to find another temporary owner that would be willing to run eldiablo's team for 2011. I'll know more in a week.

Comment

I'm definitely out. Due to my work situation, I won't be able to keep up with the draft this year, even by email.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yikes that is a weak list for the expansion draft. It might be decent for two teams, but three wow. Can I get the league link from someone?
              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                Yikes that is a weak list for the expansion draft. It might be decent for two teams, but three wow. Can I get the league link from someone?
                Yeah, maybe there is a reason that they aren't coming back this year.

Didn't you get an invitation to join the league? I added you to Papa Deuce's team and sent out an invitation. Make sure to check your email address.

Comment

Doesn't look like a very strong year to be an expansion team. Here are the players that are/may be available (I put Papa Deuce's roster in red, these players may be part of the expansion draft):

1st round
                  Matt Forte (RB) CHI
                  Chris Johnson (RB) TEN
                  Knowshon Moreno (RB) DEN

2nd round
                  Jay Cutler (QB) CHI
                  Anquan Boldin (WR) BAL

3rd round
                  Terrell Owens (WR) CIN
                  Jeremy Maclin (WR) PHI

4th round
                  Visanthe Shiancoe (TE) MIN

5th round
                  LaDainian Tomlinson (RB) NYJ

6th round
                  Sidney Rice (WR) MIN
                  Donald Brown (RB) IND

7th round
                  Tim Hightower (RB) ARZ
                  Minnesota Vikings DEF

8th round
                  Ryan Torain (RB) WAS
                  Sam Bradford (QB) STL
                  Deion Branch (WR) NE
                  Joel Dressen (TE) HOU
                  Matt Bryant (K) ATL
                  Kansas City Chiefs DEF
                  Danny Amendola (WR) STL
                  Austin Collie (WR) IND
                  Braylon Edwards (WR) NYJ
                  Atlanta Falcons DEF
                  Mike Goodson (RB) CAR
                  Nate Washington (WR) TEN
                  Indianapolis Colts DEF
                  Kenny Britt (WR) TEN
                  Rob Gronkowski (TE) NE
                  David Buehler (K) DAL
                  Green Bay DEF
                  Matt Cassel (QB) KC
                  Lance Moore (WR) NO
                  Dustin Keller (TE) NYJ

9th round
                  Hakeem Nicks (WR) NYG
                  Darren Sproles (RB) SD

10th round
                  Kyle Orton (QB) DEN

12th round
                  Sebastian Janikowski (K) OAK

13th round
                  Toby Gerhart (RB) MIN

Comment

Don't worry guys I have 4 guys that I think are keepers I will be happy to trade at least 2 of them to get some picks

Comment

I will be happy to give you a sweet deal Piney.
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Got it Jason. Still learning this new Android phone I have. Email works much different than my BB Tour. Sometimes it takes awhile or I have to manually open the link. Then sometimes I get email at 4am and it keeps dinging until I open it.
                        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I'm in for some trades as well.....these are horrible keepers. I like only 2 -3 players.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                            I'm in for some trades as well.....these are horrible keepers. I like only 2 -3 players.
                            I am sure you will find a few of us that think we have keepers. It will be up to you guys to decide if we do I will be shopping Shonne Greene 9th rd, Dez Bryant 6th rd, and maybe my 1st rd Arian Foster but if you don't pick in the back 1/2 or 1/3 of the 1st rd his value isn't as nice. Since I pick 10th I do like him. I won't be trading my 5th rd Aaron Rodgers I don't expect.

Comment

I have these dudes available for trade:
                              Ryan Fitzpatrick (8th)
                              Eli Manning (6th)
                              Steve Johnson (8th)
                              Steve Smith, NYG (8th)
                              Steve Breaston (7th)
                              Aaron Hernandez (8th)

Help me help you.

Comment

I have a few up in the air guys as who know if Bernard Scott is a keeper until we know where Cedric Benson signs. This is going to be a very interesting next few weeks if everything gets signed up.

Comment

Working...
                                X