RJ Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
    So the 5th round is where the RBs with question marks start going. Got it.
    Yeah, very interesting.

And you're right about Gillislee -- he could be a stud, he could be a disaster. Who knows?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Yeah, very interesting.

And you're right about Gillislee -- he could be a stud, he could be a disaster. Who knows?
      I suspect he will be both at various times during the year.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I would have taken Olsen at the turn had Gris swiped Brady.
        Thanks. He'll still be Cam's security blanket even if the receivers and McCaffery pick it up this year.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• The NO and PHI RB situations are ones I'd rather not deal with this year. Especially since most of my leagues are be based in Philly and Blount is likely to be overdrafted in them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            6.02 LaGarrette Blount RB, Philadelphia

Boring as all get out, but he can get 1000 yards and 10 TD's without too many issues.
            Yeah, ya know, I can't seem to ever pull the trigger on him. He's running behind a very good O-line. Doesn't really have any competition for carries. Still...I...just...can't...draft...him

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
              Yeah, ya know, I can't seem to ever pull the trigger on him. He's running behind a very good O-line. Doesn't really have any competition for carries. Still...I...just...can't...draft...him
              The team really seems to like Smallwood (drafted last year) and Pumphrey (drafted this year). Sproles will retain his third-down role. Blount will be the main first- and second-down back and get most of the short-yardage and goal-line work, but his touches could be very game-flow dependent. And there's no way in hell he's scoring 18 TDs again.

That is, he has all the same questions that Gillislee does, and is playing on an offense that isn't as good.

Comment

The team really seems to like Smallwood (drafted last year) and Pumphrey (drafted this year). Sproles will retain his third-down role. Blount will be the main first- and second-down back and get most of the short-yardage and goal-line work, but his touches could be very game-flow dependent. And there's no way in hell he's scoring 18 TDs again.

That is, he has all the same questions that Gillislee does, and is playing on an offense that isn't as good.
                Smallwood seemed terrible last year (albeit in a very small sample size). I know because I picked up the sonofabitch when he was getting hype and he took a huge turd on my active roster for a week or two.

Pumphrey is knee high to a grasshopper and will be groomed to fill the Sproles role. He's not a serious threat to get many carries.

Comment

• Tick tock tick tock

Chancellor?

Comment

Tick tock tick tock

Chancellor?
                    He mentioned that he may be travelling today...
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I'll be traveling Saturday and unavailable all day. Anyone want me to send them a list on Friday night?

Comment

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                          My fault, and I'll apologize again. I hate it when work gets in the way of a mock draft!
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• If it is my turn this weekend or next week please text me. 6098455256. I start vacation this weekend and will be going to DC on Wednesday to Sunday. Monday I have a funeral for my grandmother who passed away. I doubt I will remember to check in next week if I don't get a text and i will miss the email reminders.
                            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Aw, man. Sorry to hear that.

Comment

• I'll be unavailable most of the day tomorrow, but having just picked at the turn, I doubt it will get back to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X