No announcement yet.

2015 RJ Pay for Play Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were you just waiting to make sure he made it home from the preseason game?

Comment

Well nothing too surprising so far. With the utter lack of RB depth in this draft it was pretty obvious those 5 were going off the board at the top. I had hoped that Gronk might make it to me at 10, but no such luck.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
        Well nothing too surprising so far. With the utter lack of RB depth in this draft it was pretty obvious those 5 were going off the board at the top. I had hoped that Gronk might make it to me at 10, but no such luck.
        I thought for about a second to go with a big time WR, but I just love having Antonio and Gronk again this year.

Comment

I logged on from the convention center in London before things got crazy and made my pick. Someone please make it for me on the CBS site.

Until Wednesday afternoon, please PM thegaffer when it is my turn. That means Steve in odd rounds and Frae in even rounds. I have no 2nd round pick and have keepers in the 5th, 6th and 7th, so I should only need him to pick for me in the 3rd and 4th unless we go really fast.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Just FYI, Ben Roethlisberger is not actually on Griswold's team and is eligible to be drafted. Even though we dropped him, he's still showing up in the draft room as being on his team.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              You should definitely make this more visible, Revo. No doubt some will not even notice this at all just buried in the discussion thread.
              OK, posted it in the draft thread also. Plus, I sent CBS a ticket, so hopefully it will be taken care of shortly.

Comment

Weird that it won't let you undraft him or whatever.
                It's because I had the draft set up for 8/25, which was our initial date, and instead of changing the date I just paused it, and then the keepers ran. They're going to re-set the draft, which is no big deal since we've only gone less than two rounds.

Comment

Cool. Thanks for taking care of all this stuff, by the way. Don't turn around, Der Kommisar's in town!
                  No problemo. OK, CBS reset the draft (who says their customer service sucks? They took care of this within an hour!) and I re-added all the drafted players. We're back, Mortimer!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    No problemo. OK, CBS reset the draft (who says their customer service sucks? They took care of this within an hour!) and I re-added all the drafted players. We're back, Mortimer!
                    It's screwed up somehow. It's still showing Bell, Forte, Charles and Lacy as undrafted in the draft room and they are not on the respective rosters of those teams that drafted them.

Comment

• Probably a good time to clarify this: Do we need to draft a complete starting line-up before we can do the bench spots? Or can we choose who we please as long as we have a complete team at the end of the draft?
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        Probably a good time to clarify this: Do we need to draft a complete starting line-up before we can do the bench spots? Or can we choose who we please as long as we have a complete team at the end of the draft?
                        Not at all. You can draft whomever whenever you want.

Comment

• If I had a second round pick, I probably would have taken Cooper.

Again, alert thegaffer when I'm up, not me. This is a rare visit to the site while I'm in London.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            ....and with the first pick (thanks Phreak!) of the 2015 Pay for Play Draft, the Yacht Rockers select running back LeVeon Bell, Pittsburgh.

Piney Boy is on the clock.

Cue the Hall & Oates music!
                            Revo: I've listened to the entire Ambrosia catalog over the past few weeks. Some of it is the yachtiest of yacht rock, but some of it is anything but and about 1/3 of their stuff is brilliant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                              Revo: I've listened to the entire Ambrosia catalog over the past few weeks. Some of it is the yachtiest of yacht rock, but some of it is anything but and about 1/3 of their stuff is brilliant.
                              Are you listening to XM 31 - Yacht Rock? Limited run station.

I almost hate to say that "Biggest Part of Me" was one of my faves as an 8-year old!

Comment

• No, I just found them all on Youtube. Don't have satellite radio.

Given your love of the first Boston album, I'll recommend these non-hit tracks of the same vibe (not including their three megahits, Biggest Part of Me, How Much I Feel and You're the Only Woman):

Holdin' on to Yesterday
                                Lover Arrive
                                Can't Let a Woman
                                Life Beyond LA
                                If Heaven Could Find Me
                                Ready for Camarillo
                                Ready
                                Livin' on My Own
                                How Can You Love Me
                                Fool Like Me

For those of you who like prog/weirder stuff, I'll recommend these tracks:

Nice, Nice, Very Nice
                                Time Waits for No One
                                Drink of Water
                                I Wanna Know
                                And/Somewhere I've Never Travelled
                                The Brunt
                                Danse with Me George
                                Art Parade/Apothecary
                                Kamikaze
                                For Openers (Welcome Home)
                                Ice Age
                                Endings

Comment

Working...
                                X