No announcement yet.

2015 RJ Pay for Play Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does ElD have one or two more picks left?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I thought we added a 16th pick too...
      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Does ElD have one or two more picks left?
        One, Mr. Irrelevant.

Comment

• CBS help says the draft room encounters an error if a team drafts reserves after starters -- it disallows the draft pick -- so in order to fix it I needed to add an additional roster position, which I will eliminate once the draft ends.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
            Small change I'd personally like to make if anyone is interested. I'd like to add a 16th round to the draft to even up the rounds so people draft at the front and back equally plus with only 12 teams I'd like to have an extra bench slot. Any thoughts?
            Originally posted by Erik View Post
            I agree with Frae.
            Originally posted by revo View Post
            I have no problem with that.
            Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            It's fairly irrelevant, other than thinning out the WW by 12 positions...
            Originally posted by eldiablo505
            I think we have enough bench spots but am pretty ambivalent. If everyone else feels strongly I'll be happy to go along.
            Originally posted by phantaciephreak View Post
            Personally I think our rosters are deep enough as they are, but I have no issues with adding an extra round and bench spot.

Just wondering about the 16th rd pick definitively
            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
              CBS is setup for 16 and I have been basing my picks on that the whole time and Ed seemed to confirm that we were doing 16.

Comment

• There's just no need for 16 picks, IMO. We already have a 6 man bench, and I'd rather have the WW be a little more robust than people hoarding players.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                  I forgot we had "voted" on it beforehand -- I guess that's why it had listed 7 bench spots. I have no problem with a 16th round.

Comment

• Ok, so I added another "17th" round to make up for the CBS issue. The draft is really 16 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Ok, so I added another "17th" round to make up for the CBS issue. The draft is really 16 rounds.
                      I have a problem with this. Had I known we were doing this (which wasn't indicated by draft order previous,y) I wouldn't have acted a kicker with my previous pick. I did because I thought it was my last pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
                        I have a problem with this. Had I known we were doing this (which wasn't indicated by draft order previous,y) I wouldn't have acted a kicker with my previous pick. I did because I thought it was my last pick.
                        What 15th rd stud who's been passed over 170 times were you hoping to get? And there's no one else out there you want?

I'm not sure what to tell you here. This was brought to my attention a few hours ago by another camp who had a problem with the alternative.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          What 15th rd stud who's been passed over 170 times were you hoping to get? And there's no one else out there you want?

I'm not sure what to tell you here. This was brought to my attention a few hours ago by another camp who had a problem with the alternative.
                          Maybe I was gonna deny you your mancrush Tyler Lockett. Who I would have taken is beside the point. A casual discussion with two strong opinions, one mild opinion and three "meh" statements should not a rule change make and the fact that the draft thread listed 15 rounds until into the late 14th round makes it even worse. I'll let it go but we need to be clearer about rule changes in the future.

Comment

• If some sort of definitive statement had been made on this before the draft started, that would have helped everyone. Instead, a proposal was made, a few people gave their opinions on it, most people said nothing, and no indication was given as to whether the proposal would be adopted. Formally adopting the proposal -- even though I agree with it -- while we're in the 14th round is kind of shoddy. This league has a shallow bench and knowing you have an extra round at your disposal can make for a huge difference in strategy, as much as you poo-pooh the available talent.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• I'm with Ed on this...it really doesn't make a whit of difference in the long run. Since there really wasn't an official vote, let's table it until next year and have a 16 round draft then if that's what people want.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I understand Traut and Erik's consternation but I was drafting the whole way ASSUMING a 16th round since it was on the CBS site (I didn't know about the quirk needing an extra rd for reserve drafting).

Think of it the other way... if you think you are drafting 15 and get another round, bonus... if you think you are drafting 16 and you find out its 15 in the late rounds that's much more impactful on strategy than the former, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X