2015 RJ Pay for Play Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    You told me directly in this thread that the fee was $65. Not only that but the numbers you posted here don't appear to jive with the numbers you just posted (did Steve P. pay $60 or $65?). Moreover, both John V. and Scott said in this thread that they'd make up the difference to you. I assume that they never did?

Everyone's contributions to the pot should be the same, which should go without saying.
    Only Steve made up the difference owed.

Yes, it was $65 as far as everyone knew. A couple sent the payments the wrong way. Others paid $60. What can I tell you. Collecting and paying out the money is the biggest pain in the ass for a commish, so I'd be welcome if you or anyone else wants to take it over next year.

Comment

• I sent 65 bucks...so I'm square unless it's a different figure.

FootBall Money.jpg

Man, that's fucking annoying that it won't paste full size...it's there though, LOL.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• So reading this thread from the beginning, Pete collected for years until he dropped out this year. I asked for someone else to collect. No one stepped up. I reluctantly took it on and also paid for the site fee. Noob Steve SJ asked how much the league fee was. Piney replied that it was $64. Others said read the rules (which said $60). Everyone just sent in the money. I assumed it was $65 since that's what everyone was sending. During the draft I posted that everyone was sending in differing amounts, but no one really made much of a big deal about it then.

As I said though, 8 owners paid $65, two paid $65 but neglected to check off the correct Paypal button and got hit with fees, and two paid $60.

So either:
        1) those who sent in less can Paypal over the difference;
        2) we can go with $60 and I guess I'll hold the difference for next season; or,
        3) we just go with what was sent.

Yep Steve, you're good.

Comment

• This has been a difficult decision, but I'm scaling back on my number of leagues next year and this is going to be one of the ones I throw over.

I figure by telling you now, you will have plenty of time to find a replacement. It's been fun, but I'm sticking with leagues I've been in a long time.

Comment

• I'm going to bow out too. The main reason is that my work schedule in late August/early September is not conducive to doing a slow draft. Thanks for taking me in a few years ago and providing great competition.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Maybe the best solution is to just Paypal everyone who paid more than $60 back the difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Maybe the best solution is to just Paypal everyone who paid more than $60 back the difference.
                I'm fine to send the difference just let me know if that's the direction we are gonna go.

Comment

• Yes just send the difference back to the other managers.
                  Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Congrats to Frae!

Comment

• Hurray for Frae!

My one great accomplishment in this league this year was beating, for my only win, the eventual league champ.
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Just FYI, all winnings (and return of excess fees) will go out either Saturday or Monday.

Comment

• OK, I rebated all monies in excess of $60 to everyone.

Also, I just realized that Mike Beveridge has yet to pay for the league. This whole collecting money thing sucks.

Comment

Lol, don't you work with money for a living?

Step 1: Collect the same amount from everyone before the first pick of the draft is made
                            Step 2: Keep it all in your PayPal account
                            Step 3: Wait for several months
                            Step 4: Pay out the winners

I can help with money next year but only on the condition that no one participates in the league if they haven't paid yet. I'm not into the whole chasing people around to collect thing.
                            I commish three leagues. Some people have never heard of Paypal. Others send money in drips and drabs, if they send it at all. Your last point is far easier said than done. But, I welcome you to the fold!

Comment

I'm happy to collect money. I will only do it via PayPal, though, and would prefer to require everyone to pay - IN FULL - before the season starts. If that's okay with you then I'll be the treasurer next year.
                              As you know, that exactly what we did in RJEL...no pay, no play. And we never had a problem with people paying, because optimism is always high in Spring training. When the season starts to go crappy for an owner, it's a lot tougher to pry cash out of their wallets.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm happy to collect money. I will only do it via PayPal, though, and would prefer to require everyone to pay - IN FULL - before the season starts. If that's okay with you then I'll be the treasurer next year.
                                You're hired!

Comment

Working...
                                X