No announcement yet.

Super Bowl XLIX Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warren Sapp was arrested for soliciting a prostitute in Phoenix around 7am this morning, according to TMZ.

UPDATE -- Sapp was fired by the NFL Network after the charges.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      fair enough. just didn't seem like the first time that you seemed to more than just disagree with my opinion; have been confused by the previous hostility. but maybe I misunderstood. it happens.
      I'm not sure what "hostility" you are referring to ? Again, I could have said things more diplomatically.

Before the NFC Championship the Seahawks had won 6 games in a row. They were 7 point favorites, GB was 4-4 on the road, and had an injured QB -- but you believe Pete Carroll concluded he was outmanned and had to change his coaching somehow so they had a chance because the Packers were so obviously superior ? And this was evident in the game ? Maybe I'm the only one, but it just seems inconceivable to me that any coach in these circumstances would feel like his team couldn't compete. Especially the coach of the defending champs.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I read an interesting analysis that talked about how Belichick threw a little bit of a wrench in the works by not calling a timeout when the opponent normally would, in order to have time for a last drive. The clock ran down so far down that Seattle changed the order of their plays from run-pass-run to pass-run-run. Just speculation, but I remember wondering why the clock was running and that the Pats wouldn't have much time left if the Seahawks did score.

I agree with eldiablo, though. It wasn't the worst call in the world. If it had worked, it would have been brilliant, taking advantage of the rookie when the game was at stake. But the rookie stepped in.

I also heard one of the commentators say something I have not been able to verify. Somebody said Marshawn had rushed from the one yard line five times during the season, and had only scored once. Doesn't sound likely, but if it is so, that might be another reason for tossing on down at the goal line.

Comment

Well, I just checked. I don't know what his rushes were, but Marshawn only had one (1) rushing touchdown of a single yard.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Warren Sapp was arrested for soliciting a prostitute in Phoenix around 7am this morning, according to TMZ.

UPDATE -- Sapp was fired by the NFL Network after the charges.
            I guess that time on The Choice didn't work out so well for Warren.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
              Well, I just checked. I don't know what his rushes were, but Marshawn only had one (1) rushing touchdown of a single yard.
              On five attempts.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
              X