Week 15 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Aw, don't get your feelings hurt, Eddie! Please, carry on with the hyperbole unchallenged.
    You're right. This guy hasn't been the most explosive offensive player on the field since he began starting. What am I thinking.

Comment

Yes, just fucking exactly like Victor Cruz, except with worse stats on a shittier team. Christ, you Giants homers around here.....
      So let me get this straight -- you're beyond pissed off because I said ODB is the most dominating offensive player for the Giants (not the NFL) I've seen in years? Wow, man, take a chill pill.

And how's Mattie Schaub working out for you guys?

Comment

Harry Carson, Giants HOF LB, said this weekend that Beckham impacts the Giants’ offense as much as LT impacted the Giants’ defense back in the day. I forgot that they were still using leather helmets when Harry was playing!

The Giants were 0-7 in Beckham’s first 7 starts. I don’t recall long NYG losing streaks with LT, for some reason.

all kidding aside, Beckham looks great but yes there is a ton of competition re dominating WRs. I think I'd pick that Notre Dame OL as Rookie of Year, though, for NFC.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Comment

I love you guys

Comment

I'm not pissed off any more than I normally am. I'm just here to keep the constant and relentless Giants homerism on RJ in check.

But, hey, let's argue again about who's a better QB: Eli Manning or Phillip Rivers.

Up until this point, Beckham is putting up stats really, really, really, really close to those that Cruz put up in his rookie year (although I'd argue Cruz's numbers were superior).
              I don't even think that Beckham is the best rookie WR in the league (that would be Mike Evans) but he's very exciting.

Matt Schaub? Doug Gabriel? What the hell do those guys have to do with anything at all? Was I bragging that Jacoby Ford was the best blah blah I've ever seen? No, I wasn't. How's Ron Dayne working out for you? Oh, what's that? That has absolutely nothing to do with anything anyone claimed at any point? Oh, right.

So, yeah, if Beckham keeps this up he just might turn into Victor Cruz. Giants homers, set your outrage to "panties off"!
              Cruz was a deep threat with two presumably better WRs that season who defenses needed to watch for (Nicks, who had 1200 yds and Manningham). ODB is the only game in town and they still can't defend him.

And Rivers is the better QB -- until the games actually matter.

At this point, I think Mike Evans should be ROY, although his star is certainly outshined by the bigger market Beckham. Evans, though, has produced like an absolute stud despite having absolutely no supporting cast and no QB, unlike Beckham. There's still more time, but I think Beckham, deservedly or not, would get the nod at this point because he's so much higher profile than Evans --- Beckham made that awesome catch, hangs out with LeBron, etc. Evans is just some dude stuck in America's armpit trying to make guys like McGlennon (who? right) look good.
              You mean Beckham, whose own coach publicly threw him under the bus due to his nagging hammy injury that kept him out until Week 5? Who most were writing off as a bust? The catch certainly elevated his national profile, but not sure when playing for the Jets or Giants started mattering when it came to issuing awards. It's not like we've been flooded with MVP Awards and the like because we play in New Jersey. This is the NFL, not MLB, where a city that may or may not have more than two or three movie theaters can boast being the most popular team and have the most popular players in the country.

Evans has been awesome, but he also has an All-Pro lining up next to him.

Comment

DeMarco Murray has a broken bone in his hand, and his status for Wk 16 is uncertain.

Comment

NBCdianna 6:35pm via Twitter for iPad

Jay Gruden was told he will return next season per sources. More on News4 at 6. #Redskins

and with only 4 years left on his deal!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

NFL.com:
                    Odell Beckham has entered rarified territory.

We might have to go back to Randy Moss in 1998 to find another wide receiver who dominated at this level in his first season in the league. Beckham was positively transcendent against the Redskins on Sunday, finishing with 12 receptions for 143 yards and three touchdowns in a 24-13 win over the Redskins.

This is some special stuff, so we decided to check in with the NFL Media Research Team to get a better handle on Beckham's heroics. They came back with the following nuggets:

» Beckham has five 100-yard receiving games this season, the most by a Giants rookie in franchise history.

» Beckham finished Sunday with 972 receiving yards, passing Jeremy Shockey (894) for the most for a rookie in franchise history. Beckham did it in 10 games, Shockey in 15.

» Beckham has three games with at least 10 receptions, which ties him with (the other) Steve Smith (2009) for the most by a Giants wide receiver in one season.

» Beckham is the first rookie in NFL history with at least 12 receptions, 140 yards and three touchdowns in a single game.

» Beckham has 61 receptions for 866 yards and six touchdowns in the last seven games. That is the most receptions ever by a rookie in a seven-game span and the second-most receiving yards by a rookie in league history.

» Beckham is the first player with 10-plus receptions, 100-plus yards and a touchdown reception in three separate games of a four-game span.

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                      I could see a bag of dicks and some eating going on here soon.

Comment

At this point, I think Mike Evans should be ROY, although his star is certainly outshined by the bigger market Beckham. Evans, though, has produced like an absolute stud despite having absolutely no supporting cast and no QB, unlike Beckham. There's still more time, but I think Beckham, deservedly or not, would get the nod at this point because he's so much higher profile than Evans --- Beckham made that awesome catch, hangs out with LeBron, etc. Evans is just some dude stuck in America's armpit trying to make guys like McGlennon (who? right) look good.
                        Would you think Beckham was likely to get the nod had he not made that catch? That gave him a solid week of high-profile press, something Evans has not gotten this year.

Seems to me that catch is a big part of it.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

- NEP won division

- IND won division

- DEN won division

- ARI won playoff spot

- SF4 among those eliminated

AFC
                          x-Patriots 11-3
                          Bengals 9-4-1
                          x-Colts 10-4
                          x-Broncos 11-3
                          Wild card leaders: Steelers 9-5, Ravens 9-5, Chargers 8-6, Chiefs 8-6, Bills 8-6, Texans 7-7, Dolphins 7-7, Browns 7-7

Patriots in bye driver's seat

NFC
                          Cowboys 10-4
                          Lions 10-4
                          Saints 6-8 (sigh)
                          y-Cardinals 11-3
                          Wild card leaders: Seahawks 10-4, Packers 10-4, Eagles 9-5

beloved Seahawks, Packers, and Eagles all outside of division lead with 2 weeks left, but all 3 still have a shot

CHASING BEST DRAFT PICKS

2-12 - Raiders, Jaguars, Buccaneers, Titans
                          3-11 - Redskins, Jets

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

WEEK 16

THURS NITE
                            TITANS 2-12 at JAGUARS 2-12

SAT AFT
                            EAGLES 9-5 at REDSKINS 3-11

SAT NITE
                            Chargers 9-5 at 49ers 7-7

SUN EARLY
                            Chiefs 8-6 at Steelers 9-5
                            LIONS 10-4 at BEARS 5-9
                            Ravens 9-5 at Texans 7-7
                            Browns 7-7 at Panthers 5-8-1
                            FALCONS 5-9 at SAINTS 6-8
                            Packers 10-4 at Buccaneers 2-12
                            PATRIOTS 11-3 at JETS 3-11
                            Vikings 6-8 at Dolphins 7-7

SUN LATER
                            Colts 10-4 at Cowboys 10-4
                            Bills 8-6 at Raiders 2-12
                            Giants 5-9 at Rams 6-8

SUN NITE
                            SEAHAWKS 10-4 at CARDINALS 11-3

MON NITE
                            Broncos 11-3 at Bengals 9-4-1

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                              Would you think Beckham was likely to get the nod had he not made that catch? That gave him a solid week of high-profile press, something Evans has not gotten this year.

Seems to me that catch is a big part of it.
                              Mike Evans has been great. This is a special rookie class.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                                This is a special rookie class.
                                Which makes the Bills kind of dumb for trading up for Watkins. They would have been just as fine sitting where they were and taking one of the other top WRs from the class, and they'd still have their 2015 first-rounder.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X