No announcement yet.

*** VD 8 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still pretty sure that I'll get passed in enough of the wrong categories to finish behind Johnny.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      I'm still pretty sure that I'll get passed in enough of the wrong categories to finish behind Johnny.
      Good chance I'll not be able to catch/hold off El D. I have found 2 pitchers that give me a lead, but I suspect I'll lose more points then he will. COuld come down to Revo's pick for the 2nd draft in a row
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
        A twelve round later argh?!?

That's it for me! You guys have been great! Tip your waitresses!

(Drops mic)

[John Bender "Breakfast Club" fist pump]

Woot!

END SCENE
        I don't do arghs ... never show weakness!

It was actually a double bad beat, because Pogues declared he was also about to pick Cicotte. I'm not sure what was worse, having my draft implode before my eyes or miss the chance to soul-crush Pogues?

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          I sent a pm to Garp.
          As did I after I picked.
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Good chance I'll not be able to catch/hold off El D. I have found 2 pitchers that give me a lead, but I suspect I'll lose more points then he will. COuld come down to Revo's pick for the 2nd draft in a row
            Meh, I don't think so. But you guys have to stop making me pick last!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Meh, I don't think so. But you guys have to stop making me pick last!
              The kingmaker position...
              I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• I had a better pick for TS Garp as a prediction, by about 3 points at this stage. Helps me out though!
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I'm still pretty sure that I'll get passed in enough of the wrong categories to finish behind Johnny.
                  I dunno, you've got a lead with one pick left...
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Another fun draft. Congrats to anyone happy with their finish!
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      Congrats on another victory to FS! Tried to make it close but you had pulled too far ahead. Nicely done. I certainly have a couple picks I wish I could have back.
                      Yawn.... Whatever. Did i beat Johnny?

Comment

Yawn.... Whatever. Did i beat Johnny?
                        I have you in sixth place, 4 points ahead of Johnny and .3 points behind me, .8 points behind TS Garp for 4th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                          I have you in sixth place, 4 points ahead of Johnny and .3 points behind me, .8 points behind TS Garp for 4th.
                          what's the final order of finish? Man, when Johnny's out of it, these things fall by the wayside!

Comment

• wow... if I could have snuck out another half a point, a win over both Johnny and Pogues would have been sweet!

Comment

• Sorry guys, been away all weekend. I tried to find a bit of time, but couldn't justify it. Be home around 6/7.

7th sounds about right for me the way things were heading. Interestingly I estimated 165pts to be the ceiling for my strategy if everything went perfectly, so I chose poorly there. Still, always better to gamble.

Well done to Slasher and ElD, I figured it would be pretty close between them. Thought Eld had a slight edge, but there wasn't much in it.

... I'm not sure if I didn't enjoy this draft because I was out of it from early, or because of the format. The later probably. I'm finding out that I hate drafts that don't have a handicap (letters, decades etc). They become so boring and formulaic after a while. It takes so much of the strategy and skill out of the game with players can just pick the best available.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                Sorry guys, been away all weekend. I tried to find a bit of time, but couldn't justify it. Be home around 6/7.

7th sounds about right for me the way things were heading. Interestingly I estimated 165pts to be the ceiling for my strategy if everything went perfectly, so I chose poorly there. Still, always better to gamble.

Well done to Slasher and ElD, I figured it would be pretty close between them. Thought Eld had a slight edge, but there wasn't much in it.

... I'm not sure if I didn't enjoy this draft because I was out of it from early, or because of the format. The later probably. I'm finding out that I hate drafts that don't have a handicap (letters, decades etc). They become so boring and formulaic after a while. It takes so much of the strategy and skill out of the game with players can just pick the best available.
                                sounds like loser talk to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X