No announcement yet.

*** VD 8 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry all, I've had a crazy busy morning and trying to get a bunch of stuff done because I have a dr. appointment this afternoon... I keep getting pulled away from my SS to do actual work.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      sorry all, I've had a crazy busy morning and trying to get a bunch of stuff done because I have a dr. appointment this afternoon... I keep getting pulled away from my SS to do actual work.
      You aren't holding anything up ... I can't pick for at least 1 hour.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        dude... My alarm is set for after 9 and i hit snooze about 72 times.
        i get up between 4:30 and 5 every day - even on the weekends i don't even need a snooze button or an alarm.

Comment

• I get up every morning with the sun, about 6 am in the summer. And I'm like "hello mister sun!" And mister sun is like "fuck you."
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
            i get up between 4:30 and 5 every day - even on the weekends i don't even need a snooze button or an alarm.
            I'm often up at 4:30am. Usually I'm thinking "shit, i really need to get to bed..."

Comment

Are you bragging or complaining?
              I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                Are you bragging or complaining?
                Neither ( I always pretty much been on a 5 hour sleep cycle)- but it is surprising what you can get done between 5 and 9 in the morning compare to 5 and 9 at night - whole lot less distractions

Comment

• By the way we need a clean up in aisle Johnny - we need a year and he wrote SB - instead of sv which I asumme means the year is 1949

By the way johnny - I am at Jofferys wedding in the Book of GOT and all I got to say is FUCKIN DAMN about the last couple of chapters /events!!!!
                  Last edited by hacko; 08-01-2013, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• Then I guess I won't PM Diablo and tell him he's up for his last 2 picks.

It's so much easier picking your last picks when you are competing for 7th.
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                      Then I guess I won't PM Diablo and tell him he's up for his last 2 picks.

It's so much easier picking your last picks when you are competing for 7th.
                      Think of the pressure Heye must be feeling...like Icarus he better not fly too close to the sun. Actually I'm having a hard time imagine he's stressed out about it. Nice job Heye !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        Think of the pressure Heye must be feeling...like Icarus he better not fly too close to the sun. Actually I'm having a hard time imagine he's stressed out about it. Nice job Heye !
                        Huh? I've finished second to last before... I'm not always last.

Comment

• So I managed to do a really bad thing and basically reinstalled windows without backing up all of our family personal data. Trying to recover it, but can't install new programs (like office) until recovery is done. Hopefully this will be later today.

On a side note, when HP says you should use Recovery Media Creation to backup your files, that doesn't mean it backs up your media. It simply means that you can create a system recovery partition on a DVD or USB flash drive...

F- HP.
                          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

By the way we need a clean up in aisle Johnny - we need a year and he wrote SB - instead of sv which I asumme means the year is 1949

By the way johnny - I am at Jofferys wedding in the Book of GOT and all I got to say is FUCKIN DAMN about the last couple of chapters /events!!!!
                            If you find yourself in Westeros, don't get married, or go to weddings, or have kids!

GoT Spoiler
                            Spoiler!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              If you find yourself in Westeros, don't get married, or go to weddings, or have kids!

GoT Spoiler
                              Spoiler!
                              Spoiler!
                              Last edited by hacko; 08-02-2013, 02:13 PM. Reason: A little bit semi-spoilery

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                I'm not sure why I'm even bothering to look at my choices ... I screwed up my pitching in a pretty horrendous fashion. I can't blame it all on SDS stealing Cicotte from me. I didn't do the math to see if it would work in the first place. I probably only needed middling pitching numbers to have a shot. So bad
                                A twelve round later argh?!?

That's it for me! You guys have been great! Tip your waitresses!

(Drops mic)

[John Bender "Breakfast Club" fist pump]

Woot!

END SCENE
                                I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                                You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                                "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                                It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Working...
                                X