Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    cat video for Eld... I think it's full of feral slashers

I love the evil looking cat. My parents had a cat we called "the slasher", he wasn't always friendly.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        I wish there was some way we could draft best 162 game stretches instead of just best years.

Eric Davis' best 162 game stretch - June 15, 1986 to July 7, 1987: 304/.402/.619 with 48 home runs and 96 steals, 95 walks, 124 RBI and 151 runs. Dayum!
        I was working on that a while back ... peak period draft. I had a lot of the stats inputted (maybe up to G or H).

I was pulling stats for 3 and 5 years peaks ... the hope being to do separate drafts for each.

Comment

• The thing that strikes me most from those videos is that the swings of Cobb and Shoeless Joe Jackson and Hornsby just wouldn't work in the game today. Flat swings without power. But then you get to Ruth and it's basically a modern swing at that point. The Ted Williams swing is a thing of beauty.

The pitchers of course look strange because guys in the game today would run like wild on those windups, but the rest of the delivery basically looks no different than a lot you would see today, even going back to Walter Johnson.

Something doesn't look right about Satchel Paige, though. I wonder if that was really a game pitch. It's off the mound, but it doesn't look like he's giving full effort or something.

And I'm staring at the Carl Hubbell screwball trying to see him come around the inside the ball when he releases it. Dangit, I need slow-mo video of that one, please!
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Bob Gibson is killing me the way he's landing.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• In two weeks it will be two years since we finished our last VD. Anyone want to give it another go ? Those were good times.
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                In two weeks it will be two years since we finished our last VD. Anyone want to give it another go ? Those were good times.
                Crazy. I think I did my first VD 10 or 11 years ago! I'd be up for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  In two weeks it will be two years since we finished our last VD. Anyone want to give it another go ? Those were good times.
                  2 years ... seriously???

I thought about a year ... fuck time flies.

In obvs.

I guess I'll hunt out the last few SS's and see how things finished up last time.

Comment

• Already Flynn:

Feral Slasher
                    Revo
                    Diablo
                    Johnny
                    Heyelander

The usual suspects from the new site drafts:

Seitzer
                    Pogues
                    TS Garp
                    SDS
                    Hacko
                    Frae
                    Controller J
                    Joncarlos
                    Oakland A's
                    Off_The_Wall
                    DMT
                    mjl
                    Long John
                    B-Fly (no chance of course)
                    Riff Raff (he made a reappearance recently right?)
                    Knuckleballer (?)

Maybe get some new blood ... I almost never go to the baseball parts of the forum anymore ... maybe there are some baseball regulars who would get a kick out of this?

----------------------------

This is the format of the last draft ... I don't really remember doing this LOL

VD8 - Player Pool: 1920-1969 (best year decides)
                    VD7 -
                    Player Pool: 1970 to present (best year decides)

I guess we planned to do the 1870-1920 draft next before the gap?

VD6 - Standard decades draft, 4 KO's
                    VD5 - Letter/Decades combo draft
                    VD4 - Standard Letters
                    VD3 -
                    Standard Letters
                    VD2 - Standard Decades
                    VD1 - Letters (additive scoring)
                    Last edited by johnnya24; 07-28-2015, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• I might be interested in getting a "Peak Years Draft" together if I could find a little help correlating the stats.

I did all the main hitters ("A-Z), and a more complete list up to "H"

The idea was that instead of drafting a best year for each player, you would draft a 3 or 5 year consecutive peak period (the average of those years). I was setting up the SS to do both 3 and 5 year peak drafts. But it's kind of labour intensive, as the inputing has to be done manually (lots of pasta)

Comment

• I'm ok with any format. My last laptop crashed so I think I'm going to have to recreate my valuations - should be fun anyway. It's been a long time since we've heard from some of the guys on the list, it would be great to get them back.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• always in.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• We should start a Kickstarter-type campaign to "Bring Back Squidward" ...

Comment

• I will play and just aim to beat Wayne.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                                I will play and just aim to beat Wayne.
                                That's always my PONY goal, and you are making it tougher than usual this year.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X