X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the VD6 Draft Thread

Downloads:

Updated Career & Best Year Hitter Stats Sheet

I have added 2 new sheets with formatted Career and Best Year stats side by side. This should make your ranking and sorting much much easier. All the stats are there on the Combined Sheets ... the less important stats are in hidden columns. You can see where the hidden columns are by looking at the missing letters along the top Row.

Tips and Using the Filter Column Arrows:

1. Use this Career & Best Year Stat Sheet for your rankings and sorting. That will mean when there is a Scoring Spreadsheet update, you will be able to use the latest version without losing your ranking info.
    2. It's better to use the drop down filter arrows on the columns for sorting, rather than using custom sorts (especially on slower machines). It will be much faster if you use the "letter" and/or "number" filters rather than re-sorting the whole sheet every time you want to check a different parameter.
    3. Make use of the "Text Filter" / "Number Filter" > "Contains" feature to filter the Position and Decade columns. It's the fastest and less resource heavy option.
    4. Use the "Text Filter" > "Begins With" feature to filter by letter.
    5. You can combine filters i.e. Text Filter the Last Name column --> Begins With "S". Then Text Filter the Position column --> Contains "2B" ... this will filter only S's and 2B. You undo these filters by clicking the column arrows again and selecting "Clear Filter From ____"

Would you prefer it organized with the Yahoo style layout?

e.g. Runs-HR-RBI-SB-AVG | W-S-K-ERA-WHIP
    Last edited by johnnya24; 03-13-2013, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Is Knuckleballs new?
      If so, I've got some reasonable category ranks based on VD5, here's LI:
      lowest: QUIZY (we selected 3 of these 5 for VD5) (Y and Z are better than the others)
      below avg: OVEN (O is a little better than the others)
      average: ADFJKLPT (A, J, F are slightly lesser than the others)
      above average: GHR
      best: BCMSW
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Knucklballs is new ...

I've Pm'd

DMT;
        Long John;
        mjl;
        Kevin Seitzer;
        Riff Raff;
        cavebird;
        off_the_wall;
        joncarlos;
        bryanbutler;

OaklandA's is a no (from previous post)

I'm sure I've forgotten lots of names ... I just copied that list from the VD5 Com Thread.

Comment

A hitter decade rank (based on VD5, might change a little with the additional required decade and the wildcards):

1870 (worst)
          1900, 1940, 2010
          1880, 1920, 1950, 1970
          1890, 1990
          2000 (best)
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

A pitcher decade rank (again, based on VD 5, wildcard and extra decade might move them a little)
            (worst*) 1890, 1920, 1930, 1940, 1950, 2010
            1970, 1990, 2000
            1910, 1960
            (best) 1870

*Note - the (worst) group is so many because we could ditch three decades last time, I think 1950 and 2010 are actually a little better than the others.

Also for new players, a mistake I regularly make with pitching is forgetting to set aside enough modern decades for saves. Technically, this can happen in other categories as well (e.g hitters with HRs, pitchers with career Ks), but it's pretty extreme with closers.

Comment

Also note for the above pitching decades, 1870 and 1880 are combined into one decade.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Also, I think we exepted QUIZ ENVY from knockouts ? Any other rules we need to discuss ? Friday or Monday start is fine with me. If Friday is a problem whoever wants to wait until Monday could just sit on their pick for the whole 12 hours...Is Johnny collecting names/numbers or do we wait another day to see about any late signups.
                Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 03-13-2013, 08:05 PM. Reason: Just saw the VD6 Draft thread - nevermind
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Minor clarification for VD6 - I assume the wildcards are LI only (i.e. decades and position restrictions still apply to these two picks), and that they can both be pitchers or hitters (i.e. it is not 1 pitcher wc, 1 hitter wc).

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                    Minor clarification for VD6 - I assume the wildcards are LI only (i.e. decades and position restrictions still apply to these two picks), and that they can both be pitchers or hitters (i.e. it is not 1 pitcher wc, 1 hitter wc).
                    Yeah WC's are letter only, and can be used on hitters or pitchers.

The positions are CC123SMCOOOOOU | PPPPPPPPPP

Decades are:

14 of 15 hitting decades (presumably most people will not pick an 1870's hitter)
                    11 of 14 pitching decades (usually it works out as 3 from the 6 worst pitching decades: 1890, 1920, 1930, 1940, 1950, 2010)
                    Last edited by johnnya24; 03-14-2013, 08:47 AM.

Comment

We had 10 pitchers last time, shouldn't it now be 11/14 decades?

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                        We had 10 pitchers last time, shouldn't it now be 11/14 decades?
                        True ... fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          A request --- can we get the rules posted in the "rules will be posted here" post before we start the thing?
                          Ya ... it'll be up by this evening. It won't require much amendment from VD5.

Comment

Rules post updated ... if you see any issues or inconsistencies, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              Rules post updated ... if you see any issues or inconsistencies, let me know.
                              Should I send a random name list, or are we going to wait for the weekend to see if anyone else joins ?
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                Should I send a random name list, or are we going to wait for the weekend to see if anyone else joins ?
                                Yeah go ahead ...

Can someone else PM me a number list from 1-11 please.

I'll post both tonight before I turn in. I doubt we'll have any more entrants, but anyone else can still jump in.

We can unofficially start tomorrow. But no pressure to pick until Monday.

NOTE: if someone does come in after we make the list, I'll find a way to put them somewhere randomly rather than a set position.

Comment

Working...
                                X