No announcement yet.

*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it looks like it's an overhaul of 1873 stats. I checked a few more players and they had their stats changed for 1873 as well -- just not to the extent of Mr. Barnes. So anyone drafted that year be mindful of.

Comment

• Is there an easy way to track KO'ed players on the spreadsheet?
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• We draft 5 reserves in RJEL, and I think every one of mine is going to have to step in as a starter.
        So far:
        - Shelley Duncan in, BJ Upton to the DL
        - Chris Getz in, Johnny Giavotella dropped (mistake pick, but at least it was only $2)
        - Clayton Richard in, Brett Cecil reserved/dropped (rapidly fell from grace, looks like he'll end up as a minor leaguer meaning I'll have to drop him)

I feel pretty lucky I've gotten some probable starters so far.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
          Is there an easy way to track KO'ed players on the spreadsheet?
          I've been doing mine manually, but it looks like LJ has added KO functionality to his spreadhseet, it is updated in the thread "Vintage Draft 2 Spreadsheet".
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• oh I see. It shows in the career stats worksheet, but not the BY one.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
              oh I see. It shows in the career stats worksheet, but not the BY one.
              And if you can't access the SS ... the history thread might be useful.

Comment

• A Dilbert comic that Adams' editor blocked. A shame, as it probably would have been his best comic in a long time:

Comment

• This popped into my head today. I'm thinking of pursuing it's meaning with the fervor of Roy Neary:
                  "heye, heye, el d frae, how many squids did you kill today"

Comment

• Wayne's posted BY numbers for McGinnity match 1904.

Comment

• Nate Berkenstock strikes again! (unintended login, but the picks were intended)

Comment

• arbitrary suggestion for the next one: reverse scoring for career stats. Brady Anderson always wanted to be a first round pick!

Comment

• Sent 3 names to JohnnyA. If for some reason he didn't get it, then SDS can text me and I'll at least know what player to take. I'll be back later Thursday night.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Hartnett is a real similar player to Dickey who I drafted several rounds ago. I'm not doing a good job of figuring out when people are going do be drafted. I also think starting the draft with 2 pitchers was a bad idea since I've been struggling to catch up in hitting. Vintage Drafting is HARD.
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              Hartnett is a real similar player to Dickey who I drafted several rounds ago. I'm not doing a good job of figuring out when people are going do be drafted. I also think starting the draft with 2 pitchers was a bad idea since I've been struggling to catch up in hitting. Vintage Drafting is HARD.
                              I'd have KO'd him just to avoid the frustration.

Comment

• Holy Cripes my PONY team is dreadful. I may be going into the draft with like 8 keepers and $230 to spend.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X