No announcement yet.

*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question on a technicality. It appears there is another player with updated stats in Baseball Reference, and the BY stat change is not insignificant. What do we do in that case?
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Campanella can't be KO'd.
      The rules (and poll) stated that "any player" can be KO'd, but that they will still be eligible for selection in exempt decades.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        The rules (and poll) stated that "any player" can be KO'd, but that they will still be eligible for selection in exempt decades.
        Campy played from 49-57.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Campy played from 49-57.
          Then it was a pretty silly KO

I don't care but ... I don't ever mind letting an honest mistake slide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
            I have a question on a technicality. It appears there is another player with updated stats in Baseball Reference, and the BY stat change is not insignificant. What do we do in that case?
            So it's gonna be crickets, hmm? That's ok, I've got another 16.5 hours...
            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

So it's gonna be crickets, hmm? That's ok, I've got another 16.5 hours...
              We use B-R stats ... so we will update the SS if necessary.

Comment

We use B-R stats ... so we will update the SS if necessary.
                I thought that was the case, as it seemed there were some updates mid-draft in VD1. Thanks for the confirmation.

Comment

I thought that was the case, as it seemed there were some updates mid-draft in VD1. Thanks for the confirmation.
                  Sorry ... didn't realize your comment was referring to your upcoming pick ... thought you were just throwing out a comment.

Comment

Sorry ... didn't realize your comment was referring to your upcoming pick ... thought you were just throwing out a comment.
                    Yeah, I has just decided to change part of my strategy because of another player who goes well with Barnes.

Comment

• Really nice spot!

Comment

Where would anyone find which players had major statistical changes? Barnes going from 12 SBs to 43 is pretty significant. Anyone else affected?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Where would anyone find which players had major statistical changes? Barnes going from 2 SBs to 43 is pretty significant. Anyone else affected?
                          Maybe B-R.com have a page were they update the modifications and additions?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Where would anyone find which players had major statistical changes? Barnes going from 2 SBs to 43 is pretty significant. Anyone else affected?
                            I think he went 12->43, but yeah, pretty significant. I spotted him by accident, because I'd been getting wary of getting trapped by my original 1870s strategy.

I do think you can find multiple changes, because Oakland updated a bunch of players last draft (look for a mention of Collins in the VD1 comment thread, I think it's around post 900).

Because B-R is so good about links, I figured I might see a "change history" link on Barnes and follow that out, but I haven't found it so far...

Comment

• You actually have a 1870's strategy? I just hope and pray.

Comment

You actually have a 1870's strategy? I just hope and pray.
                                When everyone kept ignoring Barnes, I became increasingly concerned that there were too many people with my strategy. But I needed a certain combination of events to comfortably switch out of it. Then I looked up Barnes...

Comment

Working...
                                X