No announcement yet.

*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty sure Cochrane had either been drafted or already KO'd.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
      Pretty sure Cochrane had either been drafted or already KO'd.
      He was
      10.13 Whitey Ford P 1958 | KO Mickey Cochrane C
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• BTW, this Soulful Pee doof is also starting injured players. So much for his claim that he would be "very active" in FAAB to replace the shlubs he got stuck with when he bungled his auto-draft. I shot Hornsby an email saying enough is enough with this clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
          He was
          10.13 Whitey Ford P 1958 | KO Mickey Cochrane C
          How many does TFS get to correct it? Both Revo and I changed one earlier, but it was done quickly. Maybe until the next drafter makes a pick?

Comment

Can Long John recover from the hole he's in with the hitting categories? Normally, I'd say yes, but with KO's, a lot of offense that would normally be around is off the board or will be. Note that in the last draft I warned that TFS had burned too many good letters early and he won, so this is actually a good luck omen for Long John.
            TBH ... I'd want a bit more from my pitching if I went with 8-6 pitcher-hitter ratio. LJ isn't going to get great value from his remaining good decades by leaving them so long. With 3 closers in the first 14 picks, he should really have saves wrapped up and the key thrown away ... but 120/767 doesn't seem like great reward for 3 first half picks.

Long way to go though ...

Comment

How many does TFS get to correct it? Both Revo and I changed one earlier, but it was done quickly. Maybe until the next drafter makes a pick?
              We can KO up to round 18. Give it back to him, of course, but let's move on if the next guy show up. If Feral gets the ko in before the next drafter, cool. If not, I can't imagine it was a key ko for him (and if it was, mission already accomplished).
              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Feral is only on once or twice per day I think. There is nothing in the rules that say we wait for incorrect KO's. We should codify that for next time ... if you make a wrong KO ... it is simply voided. It's only a KO ... pointless delay IMO.

Feral still has 3 rounds to make his last 2 KO's. If he were to log on before LJ picks and wants to change I'd have no problem with that ... but we shouldn't delay ... and we probably shouldn't allow KO changes once the draft has moved on.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  I agree. We don't need to wait for another KO, as he'll have several more rounds of KOing to go.
                  Sorry about that. I'll change my pick to no KO. Kids are on spring break and I'm not at work so I'm rarely in the house or online, having trouble keeping up with this, and trying not to delay things too much...
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I don't know if my strategy will work, but it's a strategy, by gone, and I'm sticking with it.
                    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• I have a strategy...but it's much too complicated for anyone to understand it. Especially me.
                      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• I have no strategy and I am damn good at carrying
                        it out!!
                        Last edited by hacko; 04-14-2012, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• Very happy that Breshnahan was still around, as catcher has gotten so damn thin...

Comment

Very happy that Breshnahan was still around, as catcher has gotten so damn thin...
                            Especially with some folk KO'ing them twice

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
                              I don't know if my strategy will work, but it's a strategy, by gone, and I'm sticking with it.
                              Just right ... bailing on a strategy is usually a recipe for disaster.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                Especially with some folk KO'ing them twice
                                People here are clearly Zombieland fans and subscribe to rule #2...

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X