*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Hopefully RR gets online soon ... won't get past me tonight. I'll pick in the morning if it gets to me.
    Here now. As a new Dad end of work means the important job starts and I can't stop that one to make fantasy picks lest I am willing to suffer the wrath of Mrs.RR. Angry Bert has nuthin' on her.

I'll puke up some picks shortly after I update my sheets.

Comment

• "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
        Here now. As a new Dad end of work means the important job starts and I can't stop that one to make fantasy picks lest I am willing to suffer the wrath of Mrs.RR. Angry Bert has nuthin' on her.

We understand completely. [sarcasm]If I recall, you've had a pretty easy week.[/sarcasm]
        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

are there any other excuses I can borrow for next week? baby coming Thursday.

I'll try to submit a whole bunch of pre-picks. Fortunately I probably wasn't going to be real competitive anyway.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
            are there any other excuses I can borrow for next week? baby coming Thursday.
            I highly suggest getting your wife convinced, er, on-board with the "when baby sleeps, Mommy sleeps". Should free up some time.

Comment

I had to put this young loving dog down yesterday afternoon. I'm bloody depressed. This morning was hard as part of my daily routine is our morning walk and constitutional ...

Sad day in the RR household.
              Very sorry to hear RR.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• crap, I completely forgot this was a multi-draft... Guess it's better to remember now than in 8 more rounds when I still haven't drafted a P.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  crap, I completely forgot this was a multi-draft... Guess it's better to remember now than in 8 more rounds when I still haven't drafted a P.
                  In the midst of our crazy week I had a league draft. Part 1 was Tues - auction - up to 90 players being named, $100 budgets, 16 tms. Thurs (ya, last night after the crappy afternoon) I had the draft.

After about 300 players were taken I realized the league was 5 SP and 3 RP (ya, where was my brain weeks ago!) - and I had 2 closers thus far. My SP in the H2H is UGLY.

Be glad these VDs are free - the league I auctioned/drafted for is $150 entry! My offense is awesome but the pitching will be a roller coaster.

(for the record in the auction I got Braun $34 (first toss - folks were apprehensive me thinks). Miggy @ $50, Ichiro @ $3 and Beltre @ $13 toward the end of the 5 rds of tosses.

I appreciate the condolences Heye.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Nice pick with Lave Cross. I considered him instead of Sosa. I kind of thought Johnny would snag him since he appears to be a JA favorite.
                    Thanks, I assumed the same and didn't really have a clue who I'd have taken instead.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Nice pick with Lave Cross. I considered him instead of Sosa. I kind of thought Johnny would snag him since he appears to be a JA favorite.
                      Never really considered him to be fair ... wasn't what I was looking for (for right or wrong) ... wanted some bigger counting stats. Happy with Eck and Sheff.

Edit: had a 3 player short list in mind for the 4th pick ... didn't expect to get any ... ended up getting 2 of them for my 4th and 5th picks ... and the other guy is still hanging out there.
                      Last edited by johnnya24; 03-25-2012, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Nice pick with Lave Cross. I considered him instead of Sosa.
                        There's really no point me looking with so many to picks behind, but I admit I was looking at Sosa from afar. Saying that I'm happier with Sheffield when I got him ... not sure I could have absorbed 0.270 as easily as you could.

... whose brainstorm was it to put LJ and Pogues right behind me?

Comment

• Are we all sending PM's to the next drafter?

Comment

• Sending me a PM is pointless. To see the PM, I'd have to come on the site. The only reason I come on the site right now is to check on the draft. When I check on the draft, I'll see if I'm up or not.

If a few of you would like my cell# to text me when I'm up, that would work in a way PMs won't, at least for me.
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                              Sending me a PM is pointless. To see the PM, I'd have to come on the site. The only reason I come on the site right now is to check on the draft. When I check on the draft, I'll see if I'm up or not.

If a few of you would like my cell# to text me when I'm up, that would work in a way PMs won't, at least for me.
                              you can text me your cell # Pogues 2.0.7.6.7.1.4.5.4.4... I can text you
                              Last edited by SeaDogStat; 03-25-2012, 02:38 PM.
                              I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                                Sending me a PM is pointless. To see the PM, I'd have to come on the site. The only reason I come on the site right now is to check on the draft. When I check on the draft, I'll see if I'm up or not.

Some people have email alerts sent out for PM's, so they get an instant heads up at work etc. With firewall nazi's blocking RJ more and more, this can be the only way some folk can get a quick heads up.

Comment

Working...
                                X