No announcement yet.

*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't see at least one of the PMs! I saw SDS's just now. Go fig. Maybe it doesn't do the popup thing if you're already on a page when you get the PM? I tend to open all the threads I'm going to be interested in in separate tabs instead of going back and forth.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• wow... suck.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Assuming the preliminary standings are correct congrats to Johnny, Revo and CJ. Nice drafting guys.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• fvck them.

Comment

• Wooooooah - somethings really weird:

In the draft thread:
            1.15 Nap LaJoie 2B 1901 lajoina01
            ... and it does not appear to have been edited

In the history thread:
            1.15 Nap Lajoie 2B 1910 (Heyelander)
            ...and later on...
            19.15 Jimmy Williams 2B/3B 1901

Unless I'm mistaken, it really looks like Heye got totally screwed over
            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Well that ain't good.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Well completely after the fact I can find a guy who puts me in 14th, so I'm going to pretend I didn't come in last.

Comment

• PHEW! I was sure Revo had won one before, but when I found out he hadn't, I was rooting for him. That was a helluva comeback. I thought I had drafted one of my best teams ever ... I thought I had nailed almost every pick ... and then Revo kept coming and coming and coming. Great race.

Another great showing by Scott. I identified him (not Revo) as the main competition early on, and tried to target my last 2 KO's at his decades ... but screwed up with the Surhoff KO ... total misread (ended up hurting LJ).

Good battle for 4th / 5th as well. ElD was down on his team all draft, but it looked really strong to me. I think both he and Feral suffered a bit because they picked too many exempt decades early (5 & 4). Small margins can have a big impact in multi scoring. SDS also quietly pulled himself into a good finish ... I had him around 4th/5th coming round the final bend.

Most fun draft in a long while, and a great finish. Well done all.
                  Last edited by johnnya24; 05-09-2012, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• ah... but in my alternate reality scenario Eld comes in 4th instead of 5th, so perhaps it's all for the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                      Wooooooah - somethings really weird:

In the draft thread:
                      1.15 Nap LaJoie 2B 1901 lajoina01
                      ... and it does not appear to have been edited

In the history thread:
                      1.15 Nap Lajoie 2B 1910 (Heyelander)
                      ...and later on...
                      19.15 Jimmy Williams 2B/3B 1901

Unless I'm mistaken, it really looks like Heye got totally screwed over
                      A ha! That's Johnny's secret plan to take me down!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        yes, because it's all about you.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          What the F happened there? I mistyped then LJ followed my list? ... Heye didn't notice and just went along with it with the Williams pick? Dang.

Reversing it bumps Heye from last to 13th (Lajoie 1901 / Zim or Doyle) ... and hurts Revo and Feral. But of course that doesn't account for the butterfly effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            What the F happened there? I mistyped then LJ followed my list? ... Heye didn't notice and just went along with it with the Williams pick? Dang.

Reversing it bumps Heye from last to 13th (Lajoie 1901 / Zim or Doyle) ... and hurts Revo and Feral. But of course that doesn't account for the butterfly effect.
                            I knew we'd end up needing a 4th redraft
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post

Yeah, everyone drafted based on the way it was, so there's no changing it. I think you should just get an * next to this win.

Comment

• On my sheet I had the 1901 year, but it was the wrong set up. So around the 8th round I just took Long John's sheet and made it my own.

Sorry Heye for not catching it. I should have made sure things were kosher between mine and Long John's before making the jump.
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X