No announcement yet.

*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got extra keepers too, open to offers.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I can't believe you all are trying to fleece me rather than answering my question... I thought the brotherhood of VD went deeper than that...
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Did you get my email?
        I did not. Try sending it to [email protected].

Comment

• please note: I am the *worst* person ever to try to deal with in trade negotiations. It's most likely not worth your time or aggravation.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            the brotherhood of VD
            thinking of having T-Shirts made up, who wants one?

Comment

so... RJEL question.

Guys on options this year. can extend for $5 a year. Who do I give contracts to and how long?

M Young $20 - Keep and play out or throw back?
              R Zimmerman $22 - Keep and play out or throw back?
              B Gardner $4 - Extend 1 year?
              McCutchen $3 - Extend 2 years? 3?
              Gallardo - $23 - Keep or throw back?

I don't have a ton of good keepers...
              M Young $20 - ok as a 9th/10th keeper. 3B is shaky overall, and last year he even picked up 14 games at 2B.

R Zimmerman $22 - decent keeper.

B Gardner $4 - very good keeper. looks safe to extend 1 year.

McCutchen $3 - terrific keeper. I don't like extending too far, so I'd say 2 years.

Gallardo - $23 - With Ks tough to find, he may go for more than $30. Looks like every projection has his BB rate going back up, his HR rate going back down.
              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

"Ask me about Jamie Quirk"
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• way to kill the thread scott.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                    Off-topic bragging break:

Very cool article about one of my clients and his controversial visit to AZ in today's New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/19/ed...2&pagewanted=1
                    Fascinating. I had no idea that Mexican-American studies were anti-white. I'm an embarrassment, as is my entire educator class that completed the certification program with me, to my country. Our project was to write a 8-lesson unit on the Mexican-American/Hispanic-American history of the 20th century. What ever shall we all do, now that we are working against the majority race in America, writing such antiwhite lesson plans? I feel as if I must apologize to everyone I encounter.

I'll start here. I apologize for being antiwhite. Shame on me.
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• I want my t-shirt to say, "Who is Toad Ramsay?"
                      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Would totally wear that.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• So, this weekend I was in Austin for a fantasy auction and I was telling a few of them about vintage drafting. Well, one of our friends was totally on fire (i.e., out of control) this weekend and another guy pointed out how he was like one of those players who have incredible peak seasons. I had run through the 1st round and of course none of them had heard of Charlie Radbourn, and so I'd run through his numbers from 1884. His latest nickname (he is the kind of guy who has dozens) now is Old Hoss.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                            Off-topic bragging break:

Very cool article about one of my clients and his controversial visit to AZ in today's New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/19/ed...2&pagewanted=1
                            This part was hysterical:

To get an independent assessment of the program, the state hired a consultant, for $110,000, to conduct an audit. The audit found that while some aspects of the program needed changing, it was doing a good job. It noted that students who took Mexican-American studies were more likely to attend college, and that the program helped close the achievement gap. The state ignored the audit, calling it flawed.
                            What a bunch of schmucks?! If the audit produced the results the state wanted, they would have never called it flawed.
                            "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
                              This part was hysterical:

What a bunch of schmucks?! If the audit produced the results the state wanted, they would have never called it flawed.
                              This is nothing new. My former employer does the statewide evaluations of abstinence-only education programs and consistently finds that it is doing more harm than good yet the programs continue to receive funding.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Johnny's insidious anti-american message is infecting everyone in the VDs

Comment

Working...
                                X