*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
    If anyone wants to trade draft positions, I'm fine with dropping down.
    With 15 drafters ... me too.

Comment

• Hey Johnny. Was just re-reading the rules and noticed this:

1b. Each team shall consist of 25 players (14H & 11P), comprised of the following positions: C, C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, OF, UT, UT, 12 x P. The UT positions must be filled by a hitter.
      We're drafting 11 pitchers, corrrect? Or with the restart, did we switch to 15 hitters and 12 pitchers?
      Last edited by Long John; 03-17-2012, 08:17 AM.
      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"

Comment

• Pogues is up and has been PMd. You can now willfully blame him for any further delay. Go for it, elD.
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
            Hey Johnny. Was just re-reading the rules and noticed this:

We're drafting 11 pitchers, corrrect? Or with the restart, did we switch to 15 hitters and 12 pitchers?
            12 pitchers ... extra hitting and pitching slot ... we need to keep the round numbers odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              Hi, Pogues!
              Hey KS! I was reading somewhere about job interviews you had early in the year. Work out for you?
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                Hey KS! I was reading somewhere about job interviews you had early in the year. Work out for you?
                ... the lad's doing OK for he-self.

Comment

• Pogues:

You know this is a decade not a letter draft? This isn't a combo draft ... just a straight Decade draft. Letter's have no impact here at all. I'm wondering if you realise this, because you didn't post a Best Year or a Decade with your selection.

We are also permitting 6 KO's from rounds 6-18 ... with the harder decades exempt from KO's (see bottom of the rules post)

Also we are using Multiplicative scoring. In practice this simply means you cannot punt more than 2 categories if you want to be competitive (you need to avoid 1's and 2's in multi-scoring as much as possible).

Comment

• Anyone interested in running an online auction for a guy in my AL Only league? He won't know for sure until Tuesday, but may need to schedule heart surgery this week. We auction on March 25th at 10 AM Est. If you are interested and want more details let me know, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      We need a year for the Ott (odd?) pick.
                      It's a bit odd ... he mentioned something about decades being complicated, which I thought was strange since it is probably the easiest format ... I have a feeling he maybe thinks this is a Decades & Letters draft ... then again, there would be more obvious mega-value picks than an "O" out there. I'm sure he'll chime in.

Comment

ˇYes!
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          Pogues:

You know this is a decade not a letter draft? This isn't a combo draft ... just a straight Decade draft. Letter's have no impact here at all. I'm wondering if you realise this, because you didn't post a Best Year or a Decade with your selection.

We are also permitting 6 KO's from rounds 6-18 ... with the harder decades exempt from KO's (see bottom of the rules post)

Also we are using Multiplicative scoring. In practice this simply means you cannot punt more than 2 categories if you want to be competitive (you need to avoid 1's and 2's in multi-scoring as much as possible).
                          Uh...no, I didn't know it wasn't a letter draft. The rules were so confusing I missed that. I did know it was a best year draft.

Guess I ****ed up early. Can I appeal for a re-pick, as long as I don't take anyone already selected?

In my defense, I've never done a Vintage draft where letters weren't a factor.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• i think we should probably restart the draft... maybe RR will pick someone different this time and SDS will get Ruth.

Otherwise, go ahead and let Pogues pick. we can give him **** about it the rest of the draft.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Uh...no, I didn't know it wasn't a letter draft. The rules were so confusing I missed that. I did know it was a best year draft.

Guess I ****ed up early. Can I appeal for a re-pick, as long as I don't take anyone already selected?

I'm gonna say go ahead and re-pick ... if we have a poll I'm 95% certain the group will vote to let you re-pick.

I don't wanna delay this any more ... could take 2 days to get a definitive decision on a poll.

Comment

It's pretty simple:

1 hitter from each decade from the 1870's to the 2010's (15 total). The Decade is determined by the Best Year you select.

Only 12 pitchers are selected, so there will be some spare decades (usually 1890's, 1920's, 1930's, 1940's or 1950's as these are the weakest decades for pitching ... these are the QUIZY pitching decades so to speak)

Also note that 1870's and 1880's are combined for pitchers.

Comment

Working...
                                X