No announcement yet.

*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sending out 70k survey emails right now...

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• On a random, more serious note, I think we need to give a caveat to people that there are some players on the spreadsheet who are not eligible to be drafted at all. For example, Jose Urquidy is listed. However, he only played in 2019, did not appear in 40 games, and did not pitch over 100 innings. Therefore, he has no eligible seasons, and he cannot be drafted.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        better than 5 year old beefaroni?
        Funny story: in 1998 I went with a bunch of buddies to the Preakness Stakes, where the entire infield is a massive party, with drunken college kids, bands, naked girls, etc. If you've never gone, you should go once this is all over with.

Anyway, there was this uhhh, very busty young woman who appeared to be very popular with the guys, walking around and taking pics with all of them. Well after the race ended and the infield started clearing out, we spotted her again laying down on the ground, facing north of us. We were talking about the next race, and my friend is ogling her with binoculars and notices she's uhh, not wearing anything under her skirt. He says "I don't know what you guys are looking at, but I'm staring at roast beef and assaroni!" Still one of the greatest classic lines of my group, often repeated.

Comment

Just negged johnny for starting this conversation in the wrong thread.
          "You look okay even with all that makeup on. You must be a real handful."
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            On a random, more serious note, I think we need to give a caveat to people that there are some players on the spreadsheet who are not eligible to be drafted at all. For example, Jose Urquidy is listed. However, he only played in 2019, did not appear in 40 games, and did not pitch over 100 innings. Therefore, he has no eligible seasons, and he cannot be drafted.
            I wouldn't even draft that guy until the 16th round. I mean, compare him to a random first round choice with 511 wins and are you really getting any value from that first rounder?
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Honestly, I just skip the first fifteen rounds to ensure I get maximum value for all my picks.

Comment

On a random, more serious note, I think we need to give a caveat to people that there are some players on the spreadsheet who are not eligible to be drafted at all. For example, Jose Urquidy is listed. However, he only played in 2019, did not appear in 40 games, and did not pitch over 100 innings. Therefore, he has no eligible seasons, and he cannot be drafted.
                Since the rules are the basis of eligibility and the spreadsheet is not, I don't even see that as an issue though. Everyone should be following the rules and not using the spreadsheet as a crutch IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  Honestly, I just skip the first fifteen rounds to ensure I get maximum value for all my picks.
                  Meh...you should do some sort of random picks based on Frisbee throws for your early picks. Training and mental challenge all wrapped into one package.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    Honestly, I just skip the first fifteen rounds to ensure I get maximum value for all my picks.
                    I usually start redrafting first rounders at about round 15 and delighting in the value I've gotten.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I usually start redrafting first rounders at about round 15 and delighting in the value I've gotten.
                      That's a good point - the rules say you have 12 hours to pick, but they don't say you have 12 hours to put in a VALID pick. So you could really drag this thing out if you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Since the rules are the basis of eligibility and the spreadsheet is not, I don't even see that as an issue though. Everyone should be following the rules and not using the spreadsheet as a crutch IMO.
                        I am not using it as a crutch....more like one of those electric carts they have at the grocery store.
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Agreed. Just since we have relative newbies, I figured it was something good to point out.

Comment

Agreed. Just since we have relative newbies, I figured it was something good to point out.
                            makes sense, I agree, good catch.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              I am not using it as a crutch....more like one of those electric carts they have at the grocery store.
                              Feral uses drugs as his crutch, not stinkin' spreadsheets!

Comment

sending out 70k survey emails right now...

To Whom It May Concern:

Do you like Big Pharma? On a scale of 1-5, please rate how much autism pharmaceutical vaccinations have given you, with 1 being "just kinda" and 5 being "a metric shit ton".

Your response is appreciated and will automatically enter you into a drawing to win a $3 gift card for more drugs. Caution: may cause anal leakage.

Sincerely,

Waynelander

Comment

Working...
                                X