*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
    I hadn't realized you can toggle players' positions for now and decide later in the draft where to slot them. OK if I edit Aaron's position from OF to 1B/OF?
    Yeah player position flexibility is you're own to adjust. OF/1B can be handy ... could have used one last draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Went with the one I wanted, not perhaps the wise choice. I am going to pay for this later, but can't resist Walsh and Mathewson.
      Well, you'll certainly have some ratio flexibility to deal with the garbage you'll eventually have to draft due to taking big letters and franchises early. It is a strategy that can work.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Well, you'll certainly have some ratio flexibility to deal with the garbage you'll eventually have to draft due to taking big letters and franchises early. It is a strategy that can work.
        It is what i did for about the first 5 drafts. Can work, can fail. Like everything
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          It is what i did for about the first 5 drafts. Can work, can fail. Like everything
          Well, I mostly agree, but some strategies are bad enough that they can't work.

Comment

• It seemed weird that Izzy went first, but there's Ugi. He's the felon version of Izzy and Quisy.

Comment

• Uiu run
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                It seemed weird that Izzy went first, but there's Ugi. He's the felon version of Izzy and Quisy.
                Pretty good case to be made for drafting Isringhausen first, though.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  Pretty good case to be made for drafting Isringhausen first, though.
                  But not before Quisenberry, who by all rights should have gone first overall.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

But not before Quisenberry, who by all rights should have gone first overall.
                    It's hard to tell. From last draft, this is why I am not a big fan of those three really early (and it could be a lot different this time with an extra QUIZ player for each team, but the same principle applies): Would you trade the last pick of the second round and 245 career K's for the 7th pick of the 16th round, 4 career Wins, 170 career saves, 0.036 in career ERA, 0.003 in career WHIP, 3 BY wins, 21 BY saves, 0.028 in BY ERA, and 0.005 in BY WHIP? I wouldn't. That's the difference in where Quisenberry and a different Q pitcher were picked last draft.

Comment

• Yeah, draft that super mystery player we have no idea who it is whatsoever early, too. This draft ain’t last draft, brother! Or actually you guys should all just wait on Q. Yeah, do that.

Comment

Yeah, draft that super mystery player we have no idea who it is whatsoever early, too. This draft ain’t last draft, brother! Or actually you guys should all just wait on Q. Yeah, do that.
                        I just didn't want revo to complain about name dropping. We all know who he is. And, no, I have no intention of drafting him early. The point was that I could get him in Round 16. With the extra QUIZ on every team, it will likely be a flaming piece of garbage in round 25, lol. We'll see if my position is right or not. My theory is generally that all QUIZ players are bad enough that you might as well wait. Although last time, due to how things work in a decades draft, I thought a QUIZ guy was good enough to draft in Round 5. I am not sure if that was a great pick, but it did knock out a horrible letter, horrible decade, and MI spot.

Comment

• I assume jmaeroff (sp laughably bad) knows he's up since he's looking at the draft thread, but...

Comment

• Everyone until the end of the round is here. So we might get a zillion picks tonight---or none, lol. I understand the newbies need to think about it---the later it gets in the draft, the harder it is---when you can pick Aaron, hell, that can't be too wrong. Now, it is getting trickier. In a couple of rounds, QUIZ garbage and all time greats will be picked near each other, and it won't be clear which pick is better.

Comment

• Seems like we shouldn’t name players even in reference to a draft pick that is easily looked up right?

Comment

• double post
                                Last edited by Ken; 06-09-2020, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X