*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    Ken took a different year last time--the one with the .609 OBP. But 2001 seems like the more obvious choice. Now we just need to update the post and we're good.
    well the good news is I made the pick and since I have no idea what I'm even thinking I will squander the huge advantage I took of you guys
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I didn't even realize Anson qualified at ONA until I made that pick, noice!
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Just Got home will do a look then pick

Comment

• Yeah, Anson sat out there for an awful long time after I'd already picked my "A". Feels like there is going to be an awful lot of pain on the franchise front coming down later in the draft. There are fewer options than I'd originally thought.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            Yeah, Anson sat out there for an awful long time after I'd already picked my "A". Feels like there is going to be an awful lot of pain on the franchise front coming down later in the draft. There are fewer options than I'd originally thought.
            I'm curious if any teams are going to be unable to finish - when we combine letter with franchise and position and era, it may become impossible if you don't plan out your draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              I'll go give him some negative rep for it.
              Thank you for your comments, we value your opinion !!
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• This hacko guy gets it!
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Nice pick with Hoffman---he was one I thought might have a chance of making it back to me. Silly me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    I'm curious if any teams are going to be unable to finish - when we combine letter with franchise and position and era, it may become impossible if you don't plan out your draft.
                    If we did this with decades, I would think several would not be able to finish (which is why I want to do it, lol), but I think here people will be able to find enough garbage at the end with bad contemporary pitchers from expansion teams.

Comment

• I had 3 players I was deciding from but these 2 made the most sense Franchise wise. I like making picks back to back but. It is a lot of players before next pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                        I had 3 players I was deciding from but these 2 made the most sense Franchise wise. I like making picks back to back but. It is a lot of players before next pick.
                        I think I'm down to 2 players, not sure what to do if one isnt taken.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Went with the one I wanted, not perhaps the wise choice. I am going to pay for this later, but can't resist Walsh and Mathewson.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            Went with the one I wanted, not perhaps the wise choice. I am going to pay for this later, but can't resist Walsh and Mathewson.
                            not sure which Bonds BY goes best with these guys : )

EDIT - i do apologize for being lazy and not posting Bonds BY, but at this point it won't affect anything
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I hadn't realized you can toggle players' positions for now and decide later in the draft where to slot them. OK if I edit Aaron's position from OF to 1B/OF?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
                                I hadn't realized you can toggle players' positions for now and decide later in the draft where to slot them. OK if I edit Aaron's position from OF to 1B/OF?
                                You don't have to decide that, it's more of a convenience to write it in your pick - but Aaron is 1b/OF whether you specify it or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X