*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I tried to do that about 11 rounds ago and was shocked by what I saw. My remaining mid-strength letters looked like ENVO's, and I had so many must-picks already if i didn't want to butcher my good letters/decades. And added to that, all my attempts at flexibility backfired, some spectacularly. Not to mention Frae and Garp's brutal tag-teaming of my options.

A draft to forget. Even damage-control has been damn near impossible.
    I hear ya. When mapping out I'm also finding that I'm pretty likely to take at least a couple players who have never been taken before, at least on this site, so that's interesting at least.

Comment

• Few different ways I can go here - not clear which one is the best so... screw it lets punt it down the line and take a random QUIZY that doesn't hurt my BY too bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        I tried to do that about 11 rounds ago and was shocked by what I saw. My remaining mid-strength letters looked like ENVO's, and I had so many must-picks already if i didn't want to butcher my good letters/decades. And added to that, all my attempts at flexibility backfired, some spectacularly. Not to mention Frae and Garp's brutal tag-teaming of my options.

A draft to forget. Even damage-control has been damn near impossible.
        I did a filter on the letter K and players with more than 1000 career runs for the decades I have left... I got 1 player and he was picked 10 rounds ago.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          I did a filter on the letter K and players with more than 1000 career runs for the decades I have left... I got 1 player and he was picked 10 rounds ago.
          1000 runs? You need to lower your standards

Comment

What filter did you use? I would try a different one, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              hmm... maybe I had position set too.

Comment

it was K, my decades, and CI or MI eligibility with 1000+ runs... and it was 2 players. Kelley and Killebrew

Comment

it was K, my decades, and CI or MI eligibility with 1000+ runs... and it was 2 players. Kelley and Killebrew
                  You know you still have your utility slot left, right?

Comment

• and revo--Garp is decade precluded from taking Nehf. He was all yours. Then again, so are the rest of your guys, in all likelihood. You are sort of out there on your own, not battling the rest of us, just battling to find a pitching strategy.

Comment

and revo--Garp is decade precluded from taking Nehf. He was all yours. Then again, so are the rest of your guys, in all likelihood. You are sort of out there on your own, not battling the rest of us, just battling to find a pitching strategy.
                      Why was Garp decade precluded? He had both 10s and 20s pitcher available right? And even the N letter.

Comment

You know you still have your utility slot left, right?
                        yes... just looking for some limited flexability. I also know people are unlikely to use their WC on a K, so I probably don't need to fret it, as everyone else is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Why was Garp decade precluded? He had both 10s and 20s pitcher available right? And even the N letter.
                          Well, if you look at hitter decades instead of pitcher decades, you could decide that he was decade precluded. (Oops.)

Comment

yes... just looking for some limited flexability. I also know people are unlikely to use their WC on a K, so I probably don't need to fret it, as everyone else is done.
                            I think that is the one selection you don't have to put much thought into. It has been the most obvious pick for anyone for many rounds now.

Comment

Well, if you look at hitter decades instead of pitcher decades, you could decide that he was decade precluded. (Oops.)
                              He was not decade/letter precluded, and the likelihood was he will use his N on a hitter, but Nehf was my only irreplaceable pitcher, so in the small chance he took him, I didn’t like the alternatives. Any change there had a bad ripple effect,

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X