*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    This is "normal" for right wingers in this country, believe it or not. Have you seen the Trump idiots crowding the door (right next to each other, no PPE, rabid screaming spittle flying) to the Michigan statehouse like the fucking walking dead? I mean, it's well beyond parody at this point. It's just.....I don't even know. These jackdicks were blocking the entrance to the hospital in their car protest, for god's sake.
    I've been thinking, we are actually lucky to have trump as our president right now. If Hilary had won, congress would be blocking every stimulus and relief program the dems tried to pass because "how are we going to pay for it?!?" or some other bullshit.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      I've been thinking, we are actually lucky to have trump as our president right now. If Hilary had won, congress would be blocking every stimulus and relief program the dems tried to pass because "how are we going to pay for it?!?" or some other bullshit.
      And she would have likely lost in the '20 election.

You're up, BTW.....

Comment

• Ah, thanks
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Sammy Sooser
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Seriously, why are Republicans/Trumpies severely lacking in common sense and just general intelligence? When did this start happening? Have Republicans always been this stupid?
            Some of it is "Republicans", but the majority is "Trumpies" as you noted. This is not the GOP, this is something new. For example, you noted that the majority of his base is blue collar. That's nothing like the GOP.

And yes, they are incredibly dumb apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Some of it is "Republicans", but the majority is "Trumpies" as you noted. This is not the GOP, this is something new. For example, you noted that the majority of his base is blue collar. That's nothing like the GOP.

Haven't the Republicans embraced Trump, though ? I'm sure there is some distinction but i am not sure what it is or how it matters. Or what role fox news plays into it.
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Well, since I am prohibited from joining the other discussion, I'll talk VD strategy. This could be interesting. Being the only one who has not pulled the rip cord and taken any of the big seven letters (the listed BCMSW, plus I add G & R), maybe I can make a huge charge up the standings at the end. On the other hand, I may just be too far behind in stuff you can't make up like career RBI & R. Still, I hope with this many good letters left, I should be at least able to complete my team.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  Haven't the Republicans embraced Trump, though ? I'm sure there is some distinction but i am not sure what it is or how it matters. Or what role fox news plays into it.
                  I would love to see Donald or other Republicans speak out against these guys. But that seems unlikely
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    Well, since I am prohibited from joining the other discussion, I'll talk VD strategy. This could be interesting. Being the only one who has not pulled the rip cord and taken any of the big seven letters (the listed BCMSW, plus I add G & R), maybe I can make a huge charge up the standings at the end. On the other hand, I may just be too far behind in stuff you can't make up like career RBI & R. Still, I hope with this many good letters left, I should be at least able to complete my team.
                    You can always hope for second....i got this one in the bag
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

You know, I never bought this "he's not a real Republican" or "RINO" stuff even one tiny iota. Republicans have been headed down this road for a looooong time and, like Fecal Slapper notes, Trump enjoys record high approval ratings among self-identified Republicans. He also received more Republican primary votes than anyone in history, iirc. He is the personification of Republican rot.

The thing that's real is that Republicans never actually believed about 90% of the platitudes they were so willing to spout: states' rights, tending to the deficit, you name it. It was all just window dressing, never with substance.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Focal Slobber
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          You can always hope for second....i got this one in the bag
                          Honestly i have no clue but i suspect CJ or Johnny or one of the first teams to pick come thru in the end
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Forkful Slaughter

Comment

Focal Slobber
                              Why the hate man? Like, what the hell?
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Forkful Slaughter
                                Fraternal sleazebag
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X