X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    Kudos to the Slasher for making it through another round in first place! Now, if he could find a couple of great QUIZ guys hanging around, he could win this!
    That is usually my plan...always hope we call it a day before my quizy's come home to roost. Hell i may make my penultimate pick and still be in first

Leave a comment:

• cavebird
    replied
    Kudos to the Slasher for making it through another round in first place! Now, if he could find a couple of great QUIZ guys hanging around, he could win this!

Leave a comment:

• cavebird
    replied
    Smart pick, johnny. It surprised me, but my projections just indicated that he could be my best pick at 1880's as well; you had to take him around the turn. I was surprised he made it that long---I thought revo would finally embrace the reality of his ratios and take Galvin in the 1890's; he may have gained a couple places in the standings that way---one from Galvin's numbers and one from leaving you without good options.

Leave a comment:

• cavebird
    replied
    Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I am hiding him for my last pick
    Must be a QUIZY, lol.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Nothing like those seasons unless he's not on the spreadsheet.
    I am hiding him for my last pick

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    22.07 Dick Radatz P 1964

1964: 16 W, 29 SV, 181 K, 2.29 ERA, 1.025 WHIP. 10th in the AL in wins, 1st in saves, 7th in K's. Imagine what someone would pay in a regular roto league if he was expecting that nowadays.

Based on the fangraphs calculator, ~$35 in a 15 team mixed, so better than DeGrom, Strasburg, Greinke but not quite as good as the Cole/Verlander tier

Leave a comment:

• cavebird
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Why? You could just do a global replace in excel
    I'll defer to your knowledge on these things. I have no clue.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    It would probably require manually doing all of that--when it pops up, Johnny does that manually. It is weird, some guys with apostrophes are okay, some aren't.
    Why? You could just do a global replace in excel

Leave a comment:

• cavebird
    replied
    If you lower your saves requirement to 10, you pull in a couple more interesting seasons, even with the 2.3 ERA and 1.1 WHIP.

One player who always goes early and another that rarely gets drafted but probably should due to his name, although his career stats aren't stellar
    That is true. There are some strange and good seasons out there.

Leave a comment:

• cavebird
    replied
    If we were smarter we would just remove all apostrophes in the spreadsheet, everything would work the same as long as we were consistent.
    It would probably require manually doing all of that--when it pops up, Johnny does that manually. It is weird, some guys with apostrophes are okay, some aren't.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Johnny---the spreadsheet still has issues with players with apostrophes in their names. Is there any way to fix this? I would say who, but, I can't publically.
    If we were smarter we would just remove all apostrophes in the spreadsheet, everything would work the same as long as we were consistent.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Second: single season edition: Only three times in major league history has a pitcher had a season with 10+Wins, 20+ saves, and 150+ K's. All three seasons involved ERA's under 2.30 and WHIPs under 1.100, so again, true five category seasons.

If you lower your saves requirement to 10, you pull in a couple more interesting seasons, even with the 2.3 ERA and 1.1 WHIP.

One player who always goes early and another that rarely gets drafted but probably should due to his name, although his career stats aren't stellar

Leave a comment:

• cavebird
    replied
    Johnny---the spreadsheet still has issues with players with apostrophes in their names. Is there any way to fix this? I would say who, but, I can't publically.

Leave a comment:

• cavebird
    replied
    Nothing like those seasons unless he's not on the spreadsheet.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    If i recall there is another 60s pitcher very similar.to radatz

Leave a comment:

Working...
X