*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Team Overviews (in case KS was wondering, everyone got good at this while he was away ... how many time can I use the word solid?):

TSGarp

Really love that Ruth - Duffy paring. Kinda regret not bypassing "second round" value and picking Duffy myself. Piazza is a nice pick, but not sure about the second MH so soon, even though he is a QUIZY, especially with 2 DH's gone. I guess the flexibility hit gets offset by the QYN investment and C2S slots filled. Pitching is a bit more tricky. If I invested in 4 early pitchers (even if they include a Q and N), I'd not be happy with those teetering ratios. Counting stats are rockin' though.

The Real Kevin Seitzer

Super solid as always. Felt he could have gambled a bit on Zimmerman, given where he went in VD9. Everything else is what you'd expect. Great value picks, that all fit well together. Throw into the mix ZENV in the bank, and (to no ones surprise) we have a contender. Walter Johnson is a workhorse ... picks Niekro and Franco, and still has solid ratios (9x5x10x10).

Mookie

Quality opening for a first time drafter. Hitting is looking well balanced with plenty of stats banked. Hard to spot any holes in those selections. Flexibility could be an issue down the line with 4xOF only picks, and only 1 tough position filled (C) ... not to mention CBWH and 2 DP taken. But I guess the foundation is there to fix those problems. Dat pitching though ... Walsh and Brown are an insane combo (though very expensive) ... Uehara even buffs 3 of the 4 ratios. Will be interesting to see where he goes with this.

Frae

Surprise surprise, another really solid team. Almost everything looks very good here. Letter and position management is spot-on with 2xC and SS banked, and pitching is well set up. Maybe you could criticize using 3xDH so soon, but that's quibbling. Snagging Keefe sent me into a wtf-to-do-next spiral ... then stole Nen from under my nose.

Johnny

Really hate drafting 5th (assuming someone doesn't pass on one of the Elite 4). Should not have paired Aaron with Pujols. Spent most of the next 6 rounds fixing this error. Aaron-Duffy, Aaron-Hamilton would have been better. Was frustrated that there was not extra value picks, and forced it. Frae then stole Keefe, and I somehow came up with the Randy gambit after much deliberation. Felt that Hecker was a must pick after that ... therefore 2 self-inflicted problems to solve!! Fortunately got Hecker. Should be a solid foundation, although I'd like my letter / position flexibility to be in better shape ... given the mistakes at the start, I'll take it.
    I am a bit ZENVious
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      I started a couple weeks ago. But I had a lot of free time while I was at my parents' house for Thanksgiving!
      Have you moved the Family yet?

Comment

• I think it's telling that Johnny stopped reviewing after first five teams.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          I think it's telling that Johnny stopped reviewing after first five teams.
          I think he is just waiting for the other teams to get their pick in for this round. That said I think any draft we do starts with Johnny and KS as favorites.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
            Have you moved the Family yet?
            We're staying in Houston.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
              I got sucked back in for a while, but am trying to dial it back again. It only winds up frustrating me.
              You and Revo and a few others are brave souls, engaging with lots of folks who approach just about every single issue in bad faith. Your posts over in the political forum are breaths of fresh air and your ability to deal dispassionately with some of these clowns is impressive. Far better than how I'd be able to keep it together, that's for sure.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Great, now B-Fly is even posting threads that are right up my alley over there. It's like a sign from Allah.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  Great, now B-Fly is even posting threads that are right up my alley over there. It's like a sign from Allah.
                  Think about how little difference your arguments make to the people you are arguing with. It is a literal waste of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                    I think he is just waiting for the other teams to get their pick in for this round. That said I think any draft we do starts with Johnny and KS as favorites.
                    What does a Slasher have to do to get some respect around here ?
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      You and Revo and a few others are brave souls, engaging with lots of folks who approach just about every single issue in bad faith. Your posts over in the political forum are breaths of fresh air and your ability to deal dispassionately with some of these clowns is impressive. Far better than how I'd be able to keep it together, that's for sure.
                      Thanks but I am probably done again because whose mind am I really changing? I pretty much walked away from the political threads after Trump won in 16 and will just keep coming back around election time because I ove looking at polling data and presenting that information. I'll probably be back in the primaries to have some internal Democrat debates about the nominee, but doing day to day Trump fighting is exhausting. You aren't winning anything with it and he does something daily that I find disturbing, but just because I think it is blatantly troubling doesn't mean anything to anyone with a different view. So I am glad to have the VD draft to distract me for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        What does a Slasher have to do to get some respect around here ?
                        Pick in a timely fashion Kappa

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          Pick in a timely fashion Kappa
                          Never !!!!
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• 5 more posts until there are 300,000 on RJ. Someone make 5 posts quickly
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I'm thinking of not clearing out my inbox, just because I want a thread telling me to clear out my inbox. Now we only need 4 more posts
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                I'm thinking of not clearing out my inbox, just because I want a thread telling me to clear out my inbox. Now we only need 4 more posts
                                What ?
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X