*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frae View Post
    I picked, but it doesn't give me an option to PM Mookie.
    That's weird ... I'll message him.

Comment

• I have Pujols as my 13th ranked hitter of all time. Quite an amazing career that dude has put together.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        I have Pujols as my 13th ranked hitter of all time. Quite an amazing career that dude has put together.
        Yeah ... I was conflicted a bit. Looking at his numbers, they're incredible ... but at the same time I have the ingrained impression from historical drafts that he should be a 5th rounder or something.

So I compared him to a traditional late 2nd round hitter, at a far better letter, and realised it's probably a good pick.

The letter sealed it. P kinda sucks ... Kinda.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          Yeah ... I was conflicted a bit. Looking at his numbers, they're incredible ... but at the same time I have the ingrained impression from historical drafts that he should be a 5th rounder or something.

So I compared him to a traditional late 2nd round hitter, at a far better letter, and realised it's probably a good pick.

The letter sealed it. P kinda sucks ... Kinda.
          I too had him at 13. Remember it has been several years since we did this and he has added stats all three years ( except avg). So he he moved up some rounds just because of that.

E’ s are all but gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
            So I don't get messages in 3 places I know I am up. Working on it.

Since I am getting a paid vacation now I can be the off site messenger. I already have about a third of you on FB already Mike ,heye,frae ,Dmt, Bene. If others want to add me it is Del Hackett ( Ohio) on FB. Or PM me to get my number and set up a text message you are up.

Comment

• History thread updated. I'll add the copy pasta for the SS when I get one made up.

Comment

• Checking in briefly and I see I'm likely to be up soon. I don't have picks prepared yet, but I will be around to pick this evening, and if for some reason I'm not up yet, I'll leave picks with someone at that time so you're not waiting past this evening on me.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  Checking in briefly and I see I'm likely to be up soon. I don't have picks prepared yet, but I will be around to pick this evening, and if for some reason I'm not up yet, I'll leave picks with someone at that time so you're not waiting past this evening on me.
                  I will be on and off all night

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                    I will be on and off all night
                    awwww yeah.

btw, it seems like given peoples' other commitments this is going to be a slower-paced VD than in the past - if that's not true, let me know. I just became a manager here and there's a bunch of 2019 planning that has already been going on that I need to catch up on so I may be busier than usual for the next few weeks.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• I made my pick and messaged hacko. I don't have a pick yet for the turn, but I will definitely make that one before I go to bed tonight (hopefully sooner). Going out to dinner with a coworker here presently so it will be after that.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Frank Robinson was who I was comparing Pujols with.

Comment

• Heading out for a couple hours. Sent one pick to Johnny by PM. Hopefully Garp doesn't snag him or else you guys will have to wait for me to get back.
                          Last edited by Kevin Seitzer; 11-13-2018, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• Will pick a bit later this evening. Just leaving the office.

Comment

• OK, I'm back. So Johnny don't use the pick I sent you. I may want to change it.

Comment

• Any chance on getting a scoring sheet?

Does Mookie know he is up since he doesn't seem to visit this site other then the draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X